Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re:The Silly Little Finger Exercise! (Read 2092 times)
Seraphis1

ALK Member

Re:The Silly Little Finger Exercise!
Dec 3rd, 2009 at 12:35pm

I’m posting this for anyone who is interested in pursuing the skill of laying down an “intention”:

99’s vs 55’s

I think I may have a foot in the door with the laying of intention… when I started my texas holdem poker sit and go… I laid in an intention to win the tournament.

Things opened well I became chip leader…

We were down to five of ten people and for me it was now or never… I had a hole pair 55’s I went all in… unfortunately one person called and showed 99’s… I thought to no one in particular… I need 555’s… the flop was a pair AA’s… I simply waited in a kind of void… the river card was a 5… I won with a 5 – high full house… after that I eliminated all my opponents with very excellent hands…. To win the tournament…

I think I successfully laid in a intention… but, the surrounding sensations were “a void”… I asked no one in particular… I may have at some deep level opened myself up to receive… but, I think I am on my way to getting “the laying in of intention down”.

S.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Re: Re:The Silly Little Finger Exercise!
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 2:31pm

Seraphis1: you said "I may have at some deep level opened myself up to receive"

That's exactly what I think you did.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 3:58pm

Quote:
Seraphis1: you said "I may have at some deep level opened myself up to receive"

That's exactly what I think you did.

Hi b2: I seem to remember you saying you had some difficulty with this exercise... Bruce does discuss the issue of doubt and he seems to suggest that doubt will plague you a lot and needs to be handled... what exactly is your difficulty with "laying of intention"... mine generally is the emotional attachment... I still in session have not had what I call a definitive recognition of the thing that happens just before the intention is laid in... but in that game I seem to have been just detached enough to successfully laid it in..

S.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2009 at 12:30pm

A few years back, when I started to dabble in setting intent, my wife and I were in the carribean.  I went into the cascino there (I usually don't gamble).

As I walked through the doors, I set intent.  I was unusually calm.  I saw myself playing a slot machine and winning.  I imagined the emotions of it all, felt the certainty and joy of it, and went in.

I started putting quarters into a machine.  Within about 10 minutes, I was drawn to a machine that had 7s and cherries on it - not sure why.  I put in about $1, and suddenly, hit the jackpot.  1000 quarters came out (ok, no a huge jackpot, but still....).

It fascinates me that I haven't used setting intent for personal gain since then (must have been 5-6 years ago at least).  I've set intent many times in a general sort of way, asking for the highest good, for my patients, protection of my children/family, etc. I've seen intent work over and over. 

I suppose that it just really struck me that if one is just about personal gain, without following the real driving force (love), that one may become materially rich, but not spiritually satisfied.  I have nothing against wealth, by the way.  I do think that wealth and love or loving intentions are not at all mutually exclusive, and those who say "money is the root of all evil," set up that reality for themselves.

I think the key thing is to be comfortable, prosperous and charitable, so that the personal material gain side of it doesn't take over.

Matthew

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 10:46am

Matthew-

When I worked in downtown DC, we would sometimes pile in a car and drive to Georgetown for lunch.

If you know anything about that area, you know it's touristy and that on-street parking is somewhere between impossible and non-existent.

Thing is, the guy that would usually drive would tell us just to relax, that he "knew" he would find a space.  Not only that, but it would be near the restaurant.

And every time he drove, that is what always happened.  Amazing.  It got so that we would even let him drive our cars for a luncheon outing.

He said he just visualized a space opening up as we were approaching.  And one always magically did.  Btw, Georgetown is so mobbed that if you weren't exactly at the right place at the right time, the rare open parking space would be snapped up instantly.

The trick, as it were, is to be perfectly relaxed, calmly confident that the result you want will occur.  Visualizing the desired outcome is also important.

An interesting offshoot of this is that it also works in an opposite way.  If you are very fearful of a specific thing taking place, if you are convinced it will happen and if your conviction is based in fear, guess what?

So it's not whether the accompanying emotion is love or fear.  It's the intensity of the emotion that counts.  The outcome itself doesn't make a distinction between negative and positive emotional content.

R
ps- actually the real quote is "the love of money is the root of all evil"

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 11:55am

Perhaps it's not necessarily the intensity of emotion which generates the manifestation of a specific intent, but rather, the intensity of the underlying belief from which the emotion stems.  The parking space guy you bring up didn't feel any intense emotions(the way you described it), but rather held a strong belief that his intent was manifesting.  Of course, a strong belief will more likely cause strong emotions, so they are connected- but the belief is the source.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.