Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The difference it makes (Read 6927 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Re: The difference it makes
Reply #15 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 5:54pm

Well, b2, anyone who gets through childhood without a few adventures with animals is probably rare...even in the concrete jungles of the cities, kids manage to do stuff with animals, and like you said, there are these places, even in populated areas, where there is still wilderness for some reason. I'm glad you felt that pull to the horses, it's kind of a powerful thing, what animals do to you sometimes. The challenge is to develop ourselves somehow or other, so when we approach a strange animal, we have such trust and ease of spirit that they accept us without question. But we grow up with many warnings and many fears.

And we need a grown up to walk with us into adulthood and teach us about things...so many of us lack that mentoring as youngsters and never do get that wonderful fullness of life that comes with top-grade adult mentoring. But we get by and I am realizing now that life goes on in the great beyond...what we didn't get here, we can get there and keep growing.

What I hope to develop from my question at the beginning of this thread is the sense of ongoing continuance of life learning and skill building. That would make a difference in how I view my life at this time and how I even plan for things.

For example, I wish I could ice skate. I can't do any of those things. But I am soon 66, and if I fell I might injure myself badly and who would care for my pets?? So it is better for me to put off learning to ice skate until I am in the Park or some such place, where I won't break anything if I fall, right? Better planning at this stage of life.l

Instead of grieving that I missed so many activities and skills this time around, I can focus on planning what I want to do as soon as I arrive there. There are things to do here and things to wait for, for later over there. Right?

Like, I can learn to ballroom dance and have a fabulous blue dress to dance in like I have always wanted. I can refresh my scuba diving skills, which I haven't done for a few years and probably won't do now. I can improve my sailing skills, I never did get very good at managing those big sails and I never did get to set out the spinnaker by myself. And so on.

So I'd like to develop a strong sense that life is an ongoing thing including all the fun stuff and the adventuring stuff. That's part of what I hope to learn.
And then there is all the educational stuff...if you go to university here as a mature student, unless you live close to your family, and you have a family to start with, you will spend a lot of very lonely time. It's not like when kids go to U and waste half their time partying and fooling around. Mature students are paying their way and usually struggling so they study hard and fast. A lonely business. I did my BA that way, don't think I would want to pursue a Master's or PhD on this plane, it would be the end of my sanity. I can't be alone that much, it was hard enough for just the B.A.

So there are so many things we can't do here as life goes on, things we have to set aside "forever" except we now know that nothing has to be set aside forever.

It's like saying to a toddler, you're not big enough to do that yet, but when you are ten, you can do it, you will be bigger and your legs will be longer.

We get to do it all later. That's a reality and it's one I want to really absorb and plan for.

Having gotten to what we call in the western world, "retirement", being so lucky to be born on this side of the world, there is this tendency to bow to everyone else's view that your usefulness is over now, go sit down and learn to knit.

As travellers in the Afterlife realms, we should know better and should be planning accordingly.

Anyway, that's part of it. Any thoughts on all this? I am trying to learn here. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 8:06am

You know, that's exactly the way I envision things, after this life, that there will be endless opportunity to explore our interests in ways we can't do here. Why should blind people be able to see in heaven if any of us cannot also have our own private or not-so-private miracles?

Speaking of learning new skills as you are getting older. I tried playing an electronic keyboard a little bit last night with a friend. It was not brand new flashy equipment, or brand new flashy music that accompanied the playing (I was playing along with an old cassette tape of south american music). I hadn't put my hands on any kind of keyboard or instrument in so many years I couldn't remember anything, how to do anything. The last keyboard, not since I was about 9 or 10, not sure. Seems like I had fun then, on a caretaker's organ, but only briefly. Sustained interest isn't a best quality of mine.

Well, to my surprise, after playing along with the tape, and being shown a few things by a friend, I began to have some fun. Afterwards, I played along by myself. To my further surprise, I began hearing words along with every note I was playing. It was like a little song formed while I was playing, and it was actually pretty. That's never happened before. It really felt like the meditation that I've done helped, because it was that 'place' it seemed to be coming from.

If we can progress in the afterlife, I wonder, as you do, if this world is truly just one special 'environment' in which we play our games for a while before going back to...who knows? Sounds pretty wonderful, that 'home', no matter how it plays out.

amendment: Just looked outside. It's cold. There is a large group of young squirrels racing around the trees across from my front door. They are leaping and running around the bushes and branches and having a great time. So small, at the beginning of winter. They seem to really want to be here, and they're going to have fun no matter what. Nice to see that.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #17 - Dec 3rd, 2009 at 12:41pm

Thanks b2. Most of the important things are small things, like squirrels...but it takes a lot of work to establish the foundation to build those small things on, that's the tricky part. The squirrels need the tree, for example! The world would not be so enjoyable without animals. I sometimes ponder the amazing thing we call "soil". Without it, there would be no life. Everything comes from it. And if I put my vegetables out on the compost, it turns into soil so fast...it's a thought-provoking process. A fast moving cycle, and we are part of it while here on this plane. I wish I understood it all...!! I spent my life establishing difficult goals and striving to reach them, now that I am retired, what to do about those goals?? It makes me think about the Afterlife and what we do about goals over there. But then, if people had not made the effort to establish those places, like The Park, for example, there wouldn't be a Park to go to. There would be other places I guess, but not that one. So they had to set goals to achieve that, too. But being retired here on Earth is a time to kind of let go of goals and just enjoy those small things, like squirrels. I guess. Life is a great puzzle...Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #18 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 11:13am

One of the really big differences that will happen is when one of the many people trying to complete the invention of a radio that will talk back and forth between here and the Afterlife finally completes the task. Somewhere in the world, there are people who are already talking to loved ones on the other side, I wish I could be one of them. Then, when we get that in place, we really can start to plan for the furthering of our life goals and the development of our potential, and the world will be changed forever. Vee

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 1:20pm

Perhaps the language we speak makes a difference. I don't know. The other morning, well, maybe it was just yesterday, I gave my pet finches food and water before leaving for work. I thought maybe they would like some nice sounds and put on a cd with the natural sounds of a forest, and a running stream. I opened the door and stood in the doorway, looking out into the day. As I stood there, with the cd playing behind me, a beautiful little bird appeared. It was green and black, small and round. It perched on the edge of the balcony, only a foot or two in front of me. It was looking right at me, into my space. I greeted it with happiness, so unusual was it for a bird to fly right to me, and to hop along the railing right before me. It flew away, and I realized it was attracted to the sounds of my cd, and maybe the sounds of my own birds. This makes me wonder, how do we find the ways to attract what we want to see in our world. We must give the others their beautiful visions, and they will flock to us. We must open the door, in just the right way, and it will surely happen.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #20 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 2:18pm

Beautiful post, b2.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #21 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 3:26pm

"birds sing thru life so why can't we" --REM, Reveal

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #22 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 4:28pm

What a great idea. Gotta get one of those birdsong CD's and try it. Vee

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.