Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The difference it makes (Read 6922 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
The difference it makes
Nov 30th, 2009 at 12:45am

Just thinking the other day about the difference it makes in my life, having Afterlife knowledge. What difference does it make to me?
One thing that knocks me out is remembering during a medium reading, the medium told me that my deceased daughter sent the message to me, Mum, thank you for the gift of my life.
I thought about that. It seems like the personality is indestructible, once created here on earth (or maybe elsewhere).
That's quite a thought and leads to...what? The river of thought and awareness springing from that is deep and long.
If we parent a child, we create an indelible thumbprint on the...universe...on wherever that life goes. Whenever it goes, too! It doesn't quit. Here, it seems that children die and how tragic...but once born, they are eternal and indestructible, though continuing their journey on a different plane.
The brain struggles to come to grips with this information and understand its fullness of meaning.
How much does it matter to me when I pass over, entering a new "body" of whatever appearance, how much does it matter how I handled my existence here? Does it matter if I keep fit, or play sports, or learn languages, or play the piano?? It probably does make a difference in some way or other...
Looking forward to any and all thoughts on this...there isn't much literature out there on this topic, does anyone know of any books exploring this rather large arena? Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: The difference it makes
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 3:21am

Hi Vee,

My father used to say that we write our lives with G.O.D. (jodie) before we ever come into the world and that we still have free will to improvise, but all of us on our disk are joined and we bring each other up as best we can. I have recently lost my nephew that is really my gf's newphew and I know he is happier but that he loves his moher very much. He is with hsi father now which is a void no mother can fully fulfill.

yours AnA,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 2:16pm

Vee wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 12:45am:
Just thinking the other day about the difference it makes in my life, having Afterlife knowledge. What difference does it make to me?
Vee

Hello Vee;
Very interesting question, and have though of it more than once. Roll Eyes
IMPO and way i see things now:
I think that once you become aware of the broader spectrum even my very limited one, human aspirations become secondary, and you often trigger an intense sense of alienation, depression, or more appropriately, “Homesickness”. to some intent I don’t seem to grieve over the death of any friends or family members as strongly.
Because “Death” is in my opinion (a known) is simply a transition in consciousness, and I do everything possible to help them make the transition smoothly to the best of my knowledge.
Now that I cross that threshold where I attain certainty on my personal immortality and my role as a human or maybe a tourist in this life, there is no turning back. I find myself very much a stranger in a strange land, physical reality is much less solid and I’m starting to question my own sanity.  I’m I the only one???

Does increasing our awareness naturally lead to a decrease in our human qualities? Does our mind expanding is an escape or a way to be different?  It would be really bad, if I used mind expanding as a means of being special. To feel important or to be better than others, I can say this because I’ve thought about this myself, why have I gotten into this stuff???  Haha..

thanks Vee;
PUL R.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:54pm

This is a great topic.  I started my experiences by using intent and seeing it manifest in my life (thought creating reality).  I convinced myself that I was more than my physical body.  Interestingly enough, eventhough I think I've found the key to the "magic" of the shamans, I don't use it for personal gain.  I know its there.  I know I can apply intent and see it manifest, changing probabilities that science says is impossible.  I've seen it for myself.

However, Vee asked what matters, and what difference does afterlife knowledge make?  I would say it makes the difference if we recognize that love is the driving force behind everything, and try to be more loving to others.  If we look at each situation and try to respond with love, we are applying the knowledge of the afterlife to the best of our abilities, corny as it sounds.

I think we do lose meaning in our lives if we know of the afterlife, but just think of it as an exploration of the mind, without factoring love into the equation.  Love of each other and love of God (thank you ES). 

Matthew

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 7:35pm

The 'search for afterlife' and afterlife knowledge I seem to have acquired have been tough to gain. I have had very many misunderstandings about this topic in my current relationship, and it does create a kind of loneliness for me because no one really knows the road I have traveled, and friends and family cannot really relate, so it is private, for the most part. It seems that when I take a step forward, there is always someone there to strike me down, one person in particular. I have learned to be quiet. I have learned that freedom is a choice, and it is the best one.

It has been worth it.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:19pm

Yes, B2, I have found that my wife thinks my afterlife/spiritual interest is "weird" or "not normal."  I've had talks with her, and while part of her agrees that we are more than our physical bodies, and there might be a heaven, she is too busy with mundane activities to take this type of soul searching seriously.

It does make me lonely at times.....my way of dealing with it is to try to inject love and selflessness into my actions with her and the family as much as i can.  And to teach our son, in front of her, the golden rule (do unto others), and that real love is what is important.  To go on and tell him that our actions should reflect our thoughts; that thought creates reality, and the pursuit of love in thought then leads to the best life in the physical world that we can have.  I feel that if I get through to him with her listening, that she will get some of what I'm into no matter what.

M

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 11:26pm

This topic has confounded me ever since my daughter and son-in-law first appeared to me for a surprise (!!) "visit" on the first anniversary of their death. At first I thought I had developed schizophrenia as a result of the terrible distress of the tragedy. I talked to my hospice counselor who assured me that 85% of bereaved people have such visits but most do not discuss them for fear of being thought crazy.
Then I had this impossible task thrust upon me of trying to find out where they were! They were somewhere out there...but how could I find anything out? I had never heard of such things and didn't know where to begin. It was a couple years maybe before I went to the library one day and asked a power I did not believe in, to show me a book that might help.

The book that fell off the shelf into my arms was Ultimate Journey by you-know-who. And not the easiest book in the world to comprehend!! But from it I understood that there was a world of knowledge out there I had never guessed at and I started by contacting TMI on the web. It has been amazingly slow progress, really.

On the one hand, you need money to attend seminars and workshops to learn. On the other hand, each little step you take needs months, perhaps, to develop connections in the brain to build a slow, slow foundation of awareness into which other info can plug in, making a stronger base to build on gradually.

So slow, and life is being lived all the time this is going on, with all its stresses and changes and demands.
Why does it have to be so difficult?? Anyway, each step of the way, I have puzzled over, what difference does it make, knowing the little suckers are out there alive somewhere, having exploded their lives and departed for parts unknown. I still don't have any kids. It doesn't change anything for me. Or does it?

What it did was to create for me a huge task...learning about the Afterlife, trying to find a map, build a map, and so on, and then to try to integrate the discoveries I make into life right here in the physical. Because they are definitely connected, totally and completely. Somehow.

Now, I raised the topic because I have read in some books somewhere about people who went "home" and became excellent painters and sculptors, poets, etc, etc. Some have attended "universities" there and gotten their PhD's!!! (I wonder if more than 1% of the profs over "there" are women yet?...Just an aside, a shooting thought...) My daughter has become a nurse and some kind of teacher and my mom, so beaten down and destroyed by life here, has gotten terrific riding skills and has a horse that looks like Trigger, and she calls him Pegasus and rides him frequently. It seems we positively ZOOM into development when we land "home".

I spend a lot of time grieving that I did not realize how hard it was for my mom in her old age, that I did not spend more time with her and deal with abusive situations on her behalf. I should have realized the things that were going on. I should have, should have, and so on....and yet, here she is, having a wonderful life over there, galloping all over the place, running a ranch of some kind with my daughter, it seems, and all kinds of stuff...what on earth am I grieving about???

If I needed to learn to be more aware of the elderly and their needs, well, I have done so. Should that be the end of it? Forget about the grieving and apologizing??? Can I do that, and let go of the guilt? I'd love to, but how do I know if I have beaten myself up enough yet? When is the account paid? There seems to be not the slightest trace of resentment or ill will or anger in her toward me when I visit in the Park, so I need to resolve this self-flagellation. It seems to be remarkably meaningless and pointless. If I had known then what I know now, I would have acted. But we don't and it takes years after the fact for us to understand things that went on.

I guess that likely, one of the differences my Afterlife knowledge should make for me, is that I should be joyful and happy every morning in life for my happy, energetic, joyful mom who is having a wonderful time. I remember when I was small how she warned me that horses are dangerous and they bite people. Well, that belief of hers has certainly bitten the dust!

So maybe one of the most important things Afterlife knowledge can do for us, is to give us freedom to feel joy in every new morning, putting our demons to rest once and for all. Yes, now that I have put it into words, I think maybe I can. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 11:25am

Vee-

I really believe we act in any situation according to the way we see it. In other words 'if we knew better we'd do better'. For me its as silly to berate ourselves for past actions as it is to criticise zealous protestants for persecuting 'witches' in the past ! Times change/ people change.

I seriously entertained the idea that I was more than my physical body after my grandmother died 20 years ago. I was seriously upset at the time and the thought came to me -' if I live to her age just think how many funerals/passings of loved ones I'll have to endure'. I'd better investigate this stuff.

Since then I've found evidence from written material, talking to friends and my own personal experiences. One particular experience had me walking around in a daze and the realization that this stuff might be real seriously challenged my accepted reality. I can really relate to Bruce's (Meon) description of his identity crisis after his confirmatory events.

I used to try and push this stuff on people, but I learnt you can't; people are where they're supposed to be and when/if they're ready they'll start searching.

What difference has it made ? Much of the sting of passings/funerals has been taken away. Many of the so called sufferings and tragedies of this world don't seem so pointless but a way of evolving and learning/ remembering love. In a way I try to combine staying in the reality of physical life with its challenges with knowing that there's a greater reality- not an easy balancing act !

I still don't know what 'ultimate' reality is but I reckon I can have fun trying to find out !

Dave

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 12:30pm

My GF and my Doctor of all people think I'm a fool to meditate. That it opens one up to all kinds of evil possibilities. Too Bad for them I guess. It has completely changed my life.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

heisenberg69

England
Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 6:45pm

Beau-

i'm surprised your doctor thinks you're unwise to meditate - loads of studies have pointed to the health benefits of meditation- lower blood pressure, better cardiovascular health, mental health etc.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #10 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:24pm

She's a charismatic Chrisitian. Nuff said

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 8:31pm

For me, tt makes a huge difference to know that the afterlife exists.

For one thing, this World can be quite the bummer at times, and it is good to understand that people will eventually move onto something much better.

When it comes to grieving, I no longer feel sad for people when they die, because I understand that they continue to exist after their body dies.

Also, because I know about the afterlife, I seek to develop myself spiritually to an extent that I otherwise probably wouldn't do so.

I wouldn't be able to help with retrievels and such if I didn't know about the afterlife.

It is really great to know that a wonderful and infinite future awaits me.

I believe this World would be a better place if people truly understood that the afterlife exists, minus some of the odd ideas people have about it (for example, God sends many people to a firey inferno for all of eternity).

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #12 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 9:10pm

Well, sure appreciate all the input. Gives me a lot to think about. This morning I was able to remind myself that my family members are all having a good time, doing useful and exciting, fulfilling things, feeling better than they ever used to while here. I began to move away from berating myself for failures in helping them while they were here, and to accepting that I really did do the best I could with the light I had, and that they are in an excellent place. Of course, one of the reasons the Park itself is such an excellent place is all the work that so many departed folk have done in it...it gets better and better.

I have seen people really fall apart when a beloved pet dies, but recently I had to have my precious kitty put to sleep after 17 years of companionship through thick and thin together. Because of my afterlife knowledge and Reiki experience, etc., I was able to watch for her energy field leaving her body while the vet waited in another room for me to sit with her as she passed, and was able to see her golden yellow field as she very slowly moved from the area of her body between her four legs, she was lying on a snow white towel after getting her injections and the vet said she was dead, but I could see her field as she actually left the body and I showed the vet how the color of the towel between her four legs was pale yellow and the yellow was visibly slowly moving outward away from her body. Eventually there was a snowy white space on the towel between her body and the gold color, and I knew she had fully vacated her body for something better. As I walked down the street with her empty carrycase in my hand, I wondered if she was walking with me or had gone over into the care of someone already. I didn't sense her with me, so I believe she had been collected lovingly by a caring person...possibly my brother who makes his work over there, looking after new animal arrivals.

So that has made a difference for me, being able to watch that and feel assured that her remains were not placed in the cremation chamber before she was really and truly finished with it!! It took longer than the vet or myself would have expected.
Vee

IP Logged

Rebecca

USA
Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 9:31pm

DocM wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:54pm:
...what difference does afterlife knowledge make?  I would say it makes the difference if we recognize that love is the driving force behind everything, and try to be more loving to others.  If we look at each situation and try to respond with love, we are applying the knowledge of the afterlife to the best of our abilities, corny as it sounds.

I couldn't have said this better myself!  Very well put Matthew.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 2:13pm

Vee, you said: I guess that likely, one of the differences my Afterlife knowledge should make for me, is that I should be joyful and happy every morning in life for my happy, energetic, joyful mom who is having a wonderful time. I remember when I was small how she warned me that horses are dangerous and they bite people. Well, that belief of hers has certainly bitten the dust!

Vee, that account of your discoveries and your musings about them was so beautifully written and I appreciate so much you sharing it here. I'm glad you remember that warning from your mother about the horses. It reminds me of a time when I was a young teenager living in a brand new suburb in a house that was just built on the edge of town. There was a huge field behind it, a stream I could follow into pretty 'dangerous' territory, out in the country. I found this to be my escape, to wander around out there where no one could possibly find me until much later, if I happened to have an accident or something. I remember how gorgeous it was out there, and even some kind of sinkhole which I walked quite nearby, can't quite remember but it scared me when I noticed it because I could have stumbled into it. Perhaps it had water in it, but it was deep. There were horses out there, wandering around the pastures. I was young and stupid, and I remember sitting up on a fence, watching them. I had some silly idea I'd like a pony, but that never happened. Perhaps that is one reason that I tried to reach out to one of these horses, with a dumb idea that I'd just try to get on its back, for the heck of it. Maybe, subconsciously, I remembered riding a horse with relatives I had been separated from when I was just a tot. The horse I chose bit me on the shoulder, and left a huge bruise. I never told my folks. And it scared me too. Fun times!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.