Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
having a physical problem when in Focus 10 (Read 4988 times)
sulla

Indianapolis, IN
having a physical problem when in Focus 10
Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:18pm

Now that my daughter is going to bed at a regular time (she’s 14 months old now) and sleep is becoming normally patterned again, I am breaking my consciousness exploration fast.  I have gotten back to using the Gateway CD’s again (starting at Intro to Focus 10). 

I noticed my problem back before my daughter was born, but I always dismissed it as tiredness or carpal tunnel.  Now I am examining it more closely.  Here’s my problem and what I understand about it.

I can relax like nobody’s business.  I can follow the audio directions well and really ‘fall’ into it.  I get to the focus 10 routine.  For those unfamiliar with it, the track starts it with a ‘count up’ to Focus 10 with each number from 1 to 10 corresponding with consciously relaxing a particular physical feature. 

When the audio guide directs my into one, then two, and up to three I start to feel a sensation of extreme discomfort in my hands, feet, wrists, ankles, knees and forearms, in that order usually.  The sensation is not pain; it is a distracting sensation of ultra-discomfort.  It breaks my concentration and it’s all but agony (non-pain) not to move the joints and appendages afflicted.  I tried a few times to suffer through it, but the closer I get to 10, the worse it gets until I can feel my mental state totally off track and have to give up and move around.

The sensation is not restricted to entering focus 10 though.  I also get it sometimes during relaxation while becoming immersed in TV or when reading before bed.  Some movement usually disperses it.  But if I get back to intentionally relaxing deeply, it comes right back every time.

I can normally bypass it when going to sleep by allowing my mind to un-focus as I relax and let go of my consciousness, but if I am focusing on TV, a book, of focus 10, I feel it.

Any thoughts on what it is and how to get rid of it?

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Re: having a physical problem when in Focus 10
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 4:00pm

Perhaps you should try some of Robert Bruce's NEW energy work.  It could be some sort of energy blockage, or maybe some other problem relating to the energy body.  You don't need to be fully relaxed to do it either- you can do it just about any time- even while physical active(to a certain degree).  Check out his website www.astraldynamics.com. ; He offers a free instructional manuscript.  His NEW energy system the real deal, and if this problem is resulting from your energy body, it should clear it up in no time.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:13pm

Is it like a tingling or a numbness? Cuz that's what happens to me when I don't move my body, the blood flow slows down, it's very annoying.... I don't know what to do other than to occasionally move or ignore it.

Dude, where on the site is the free instructional info?

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 9:40pm

sulla wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 2:18pm:
Now that my daughter is going to bed at a regular time (she’s 14 months old now) and sleep is becoming normally patterned again, I am breaking my consciousness exploration fast.  I have gotten back to using the Gateway CD’s again (starting at Intro to Focus 10). 

I noticed my problem back before my daughter was born, but I always dismissed it as tiredness or carpal tunnel.  Now I am examining it more closely.  Here’s my problem and what I understand about it.

I can relax like nobody’s business.  I can follow the audio directions well and really ‘fall’ into it.  I get to the focus 10 routine.  For those unfamiliar with it, the track starts it with a ‘count up’ to Focus 10 with each number from 1 to 10 corresponding with consciously relaxing a particular physical feature. 

When the audio guide directs my into one, then two, and up to three I start to feel a sensation of extreme discomfort in my hands, feet, wrists, ankles, knees and forearms, in that order usually.  The sensation is not pain; it is a distracting sensation of ultra-discomfort.  It breaks my concentration and it’s all but agony (non-pain) not to move the joints and appendages afflicted.  I tried a few times to suffer through it, but the closer I get to 10, the worse it gets until I can feel my mental state totally off track and have to give up and move around.

The sensation is not restricted to entering focus 10 though.  I also get it sometimes during relaxation while becoming immersed in TV or when reading before bed.  Some movement usually disperses it.  But if I get back to intentionally relaxing deeply, it comes right back every time.

I can normally bypass it when going to sleep by allowing my mind to un-focus as I relax and let go of my consciousness, but if I am focusing on TV, a book, of focus 10, I feel it.

Any thoughts on what it is and how to get rid of it?

Hi Sulla: Big thumbs up to Dude's recommendation... with this caviat... have you read Moen's Voyage into the Unknown... see p. 107 - Who Is Joshua? in it he describes the past life relationship to his present life sardoidosis... but short of going into the TMI tank and lifelines to find your phantom you might find it profitable to read that section of the VITU... see if it resonates... your symtoms or classic pastlife markers... there is a long shot... Moen's Voyage beyond Doubt Chapter 4 - Grandma and the skunk will give you a clear idea of how the mind works in creating situations... appendix B changing belief systems should give you a start on finding the source of your affliction and possibly remedial relief... but, lifelines will be the major solution if it is pastlife related...

Seraphis1

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:53pm

sarcoidosis. BTW is curable now using the Marshall Protocol, a medical treatment used in many inflammatory diseases. www.marshallprotocol.com (I'm in my 2d year on the MP for a different disease).
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:12am by goobygirl »  

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #5 - Nov 11th, 2009 at 11:44pm

goobygirl wrote on Nov 11th, 2009 at 10:53pm:
sarcoidosis. BTW is curable now using the Marshall Protocol, a medical treatment used in many inflammatory diseases. www.marshallprotocol.com (I'm in my 2d year).

Hi Gooby: With all due respect... I would much prefer to get to the root or the dis - ease if that were always possible...  Smiley

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #6 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:15am

I understand but sometimes a tomato is just a tomato.... The MP is based on the premise that bacteria shed their cell walls to go live in (and take over, with the help of Vitamin D) your immune system.

A scarred childhood, fear, or other spiritually based or emotional issues, in my opinion, has nothing to do with the very real physical presence of bacteria.

So this is what the MP does, for many, many diseases, slowly allows your immune system to take over and get rid of the bacteria itself. Sarcoidosis is normally terminal, however, the medical researcher for which the MP is named no longer suffers from it and has for intents and purposes, been cured.

Just a sideline FYI.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #7 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 8:17am

goobygirl wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:15am:
I understand but sometimes a tomato is just a tomato.... The MP is based on the premise that bacteria shed their cell walls to go live in (and take over, with the help of Vitamin D) your immune system.

A scarred childhood, fear, or other spiritually based or emotional issues, in my opinion, has nothing to do with the very real physical presence of bacteria.

So this is what the MP does, for many, many diseases, slowly allows your immune system to take over and get rid of the bacteria itself. Sarcoidosis is normally terminal, however, the medical researcher for which the MP is named no longer suffers from it and has for intents and purposes, been cured.

Just a sideline FYI.

There are many paths to freedom, grasshopper  Grin

IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #8 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:12am

Thanks all.  I have read all of Bruce’s books.  I vaguely remember those sections mentioned – I’ll have to go back and review them.

I did go to the doctor about the issue.  All they could figure out was that I have carpal tunnel pretty bad in my left wrist and elbow and a little in my right wrist.  There is a little numbness in the right hand.  I am getting treatment for it.  So far the issue does not require surgery. 

The feeling is not a tingling or numbness or even a pain. It’s not stiffness or hot or cold.  It is a physical restlessness that I can just feel sitting in there; faintly even now if I think about it and settle myself for a few seconds.   I even remember when I was a young child (maybe around 10 or 12) I would get this ‘restless feeling’ that was obviously located in my extremities and nothing I did could dispel it.  I finally figured out that lying on the floor perfectly straight for a count of sometimes up to 100 would see the ease of the symptoms enough to keep playing or doing whatever.  But it always came back in moments of concentration and relaxation.    My mom told me it must be growing pains or something when I asked her about it way back when.

I forgot about it for years until I started my consciousness exploration a few years back and it just flares up and down now, never going away completely.  It's very frustrating.

IP Logged

Seraphis1

ALK Member

Reply #9 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:36am

sulla wrote on Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:12am:
Thanks all.  I have read all of Bruce’s books.  I vaguely remember those sections mentioned – I’ll have to go back and review them.

I did go to the doctor about the issue.  All they could figure out was that I have carpal tunnel pretty bad in my left wrist and elbow and a little in my right wrist.  There is a little numbness in the right hand.  I am getting treatment for it.  So far the issue does not require surgery. 

The feeling is not a tingling or numbness or even a pain. It’s not stiffness or hot or cold.  It is a physical restlessness that I can just feel sitting in there; faintly even now if I think about it and settle myself for a few seconds.   I even remember when I was a young child (maybe around 10 or 12) I would get this ‘restless feeling’ that was obviously located in my extremities and nothing I did could dispel it.  I finally figured out that lying on the floor perfectly straight for a count of sometimes up to 100 would see the ease of the symptoms enough to keep playing or doing whatever.  But it always came back in moments of concentration and relaxation.    My mom told me it must be growing pains or something when I asked her about it way back when.

I forgot about it for years until I started my consciousness exploration a few years back and it just flares up and down now, never going away completely.  It's very frustrating.

Hi Sulla: Have you done tmi seminars?

IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #10 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:27pm

No - the wallet cannot support it yet.  I plan on taking the Gateway Voyage at TMI within the next 7-10 years though.  We have become a debt free family and are churning through our existing debt and setting up some safety funds before we do any big spending.

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #11 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:46pm

Hi Sulla!

In response to your first post on this thread, I know exactly what you are going through.  I have carpal tunnel several "trigger fingers" too (where the tendon gets stuck and cannot slide, so your fingers can't bend or they get stuck bent).  I have a lot of nerve damage. 

So when I begin to rest, my nerves want to "jump".  I think this is a normal reaction but because of nerve damage it is extremely exaggerated. 

Here's my advice...when you feel that restless jumpy feeling, just let it happen.  Don't try to control it or stop it.  Let it happen on it's own and you can actually begin to ignore it.  It's like having to ignore the hiccups or something.  It's annoying, but if you focus on it, it will drive you nuts.  But if you just accept that it will happen on its own, you will actually find a work-around for it.  That's what I have learned to do and it works. 

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 12:50pm

Thanks Vicky, I'll try that, it sounds promising.

I have been at a job for 10 years that has me at a keyboard, and I believe that's what gave me the condition in the first place.  But what about my feet, ankles, and legs?

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:05pm

Do you mean when it comes to mentally focusing on relaxing each part?  I think you can just preempt it by telling yourself you know that you will experience the discomfort but you are going to ignore it.  Maybe I'm not good at giving advice, but I can tell you an example.  I can get extreme migraines and the only thing to help it (besides the pills) is to lie completely still until I fall asleep.  It seems ironic to be still and quiet when it feels like a knife is going into your head, but you have to do this in order to get past the pain.  Once asleep, I'm not feeling the pain. 

So that's my theory with other annoyances, even little things like feeling uncomfortable in the blankets, wanting to fluff your pillow, or a little itch.  The more I tell myself I will ignore those things, the better control I learn to have. 

I don't know if it will work for you, but it's worth trying. 

What you are describing, I'm thinking might possibly also be due to some resistance to letting yourself go.  I know that it is quite a threshhold from one state to the next, so maybe it is a sort of psychological way of holding yourself back even though you don't want to, sort of like an unconscious fear reaction.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 1:24pm

What a great comparison, Vicky. I get migraines sometimes as well, and that is exactly what it takes to get over the headache, which causes one to want to smash one's own head in because the pain is so fierce: to lie down and go to sleep, which seems like it would be impossible. But, yes, it is also possible to actually hold the pain away from you while awake. I can, in a way, separate myself from it, mentally, if I can stay very calm, actually hold it away from my head, like out in space a little ways away from me. This, while it still hurts.

And it's hard to ignore an itch, if it's fierce enough, but many smaller sensations will drift away after a while. I don't have experience with carpal, in the way described here, but with other painful sites, such as the back and neck, years ago, consistent meditation, as therapy, assisted in my healing. The actual act of meditation is that of detaching from such things, and it quiets the nerves over time. Sorry to ramble, and thanks for the listen.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.