Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are you a fluke?? (Read 2955 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Are you a fluke??
Nov 10th, 2009 at 8:53am

The Deteriorata starts with the quote "you are a fluke" Well lets us consider that, of the almost infinite worlds in this unimaginably vast universe your were lucky enough to be born on planet earth possibly the only world that can harbour life.

Of the six .five billion people you are the offspring of only two, namely your mom and dad. Of your mom's some twenty thousand eggs you arose from just one of them. Out of your dads half billion or so sperm cells, only one reached that specific egg to create the absolutely unique being that you are. No one else has or will ever have your exact DNA code

There has never been someone exactly like you in all creation going back fifteen or so billion years namely; the estimated age of the universe. In all eternities going into the infinite future there will never be another exactly like you.

Lastly you were lucky enough to come into existence in a universe beautifully balanced to harbour human and other life.

So the question begs, are you a fluke? or the work of a mind of unimaginable omniscience??

Then before the universe existed before time itself God created a mind similar to him, that mind is your consciousness, self-awareness, eternal soul or spirit call it what you like. You are indeed a god in your own right

No sparrow falls that god does not see!!

Are you a child of the universe or are you a child of God??

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Are you a fluke??
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:16am

Universe = You/I in Verse = god (G.O.D. or Jodie for short)... maybe. Beautiful post Alan.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 3:06pm

lucky enough to be born on planet earth possibly the only world that can harbour life.

"Possibly", but highly unlikely. Life takes many forms, or perhaps even without forms also. But could it be a little egotistic to believe that life may only possibly  here on this little insignificant planet? Why are our lives so vastly important? We are most likly just a very small cog in a very large large wheel.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 3:56pm

I might be a liver fluke. LOL

Goobygirl

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:21pm

Beau wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 9:16am:
Universe = You/I in Verse = god (G.O.D. or Jodie for short)... maybe. Beautiful post Alan.

I should have ended the post thus;

Are you a fluke or are you special??

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:29pm

I'm so f'n spatial! Cheesy

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Beau wrote on Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:29pm:
I'm so f'n spatial! Cheesy

I will try just one more time are you an accident?

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:52pm

No matter how we came to be, if one is unique, one is special, would that be true? It would not only be humans who are unique and therefore special, but all life. Even if one appears like the other, unless they are created and then standing in the exact same place in space and time, they are unique.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 6:55pm

There are no accidents, but "accidents will happen--they're only hit and run--used to be a victim, now I'm not the only one"-Elvis Costello (hell is cost, hello?)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.