Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is God an individual angelic entity? (Read 5614 times)
I Am Dude

Re: Is God an individual angelic entity?
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 3:29pm

Seraphis

Much of what Swedenborg describes regarding the nature of the afterlife syncs up nicely with Monroe's line of thought, although it is sometimes necessary to transfer Swedenborg's ideas into a more modern context, like that of Monroe and other modern explorers. 

I don't believe Swedenborg is describing hollow heavens.  Take a look at Doc's thread on Swedenborg's three stages of the afterlife.  Monroe's focus 27 fits into the second stage of Swedenborg's cosmology, and after this is where their material really differs.  In his third stage of the afterlife, Swedenborg describes an ascension into true heavens after focus 27, whereas Monroe doesn't really go into what happens, other than an integration with the Higher Self.  I'm really not sure what to make of it at this point, but I still have a lot of research and exploring to do.  However, it seems that maybe Swedenborg was on to something that perhaps Monroe wasn't open to experience.

It is understood that what Swedenborg discovered may not be 100% accurate due to his outdated belief system and limited capacity for understanding advanced concepts which we now take for granted.  However, it is quite easy to translate his findings into a more modern context, and it is plain to see that he knew what he was talking about.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 3:31pm

There is a thread here not so long ago, called the second stage of death- the real afterlife? (or something like that).  In it, I posted ES' description of the first two stages of what he found out happens when we die, including excellent posts by Bruce which correlate what he has found to ES' description (eventhough both were separate by centuries of time).

M

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Going by what I read thus far, Swedenborg would probably say that focus 27 corresponds to a level where spirits love each other, but they don't have a big interest in loving God.

Moving onto higher selves and the heaven Swedenborg  speaks of might have something in common. When you reconnect to your higher self you reconnect to God. You allow yourself to receive an inflow of God's spirit.

It is possible that Monroe and Moen didn't find out about Christ in the way Swedenborg did, because some people get turned off when you speak of Christ, and they wouldn't consider what Monroe and Moen have to say if they said a lot about Christ.

Some of these people got turned off about the Christ ideal because of how some fundamentalists have connected Christ to a fear-based and judgmental way of thinking that is inaccurate.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.