Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leaving a building and a lecture (Read 3595 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Leaving a building and a lecture
Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:22pm

Last night, I dreamt that I was attending a lecture of some kind in a building with my six year old, Joshua.  While sitting there and listening to a speaker and panel, I looked up at the ceiling and noted the ceiling swaying and shifting as if the roof were going to come down.  I told my son he had to leave, but he didn't want to come and didn't see any danger.  The lecturer, a woman told me that leaving would be the wrong thing to do, and that were we to leave, we might not be able to come back.  It was clear to me on a gut-level that we had to leave, and I spirited my son out of the building before it came down.  I remember feeling relief, and curiousity that he seemed unconcerned by it all.

I have heard some say that we attend talks and lectures in our sleep ("school") as some at TMI call it.  I have even heard TMI graduates suggest that we should spend more time sleeping to get this spiritual education in (though I'm not sure what to think about that).  I don't know if my son (asleep at the same time), and I were there, or if the dream was symbolic.  buildings and houses often represent people, themselves in dreams.  A shifting in the ceiling and wall (swaying) could have been a change in thinking that my son was comfortable with but I wasn't.  I don't know...

Any thoughts?

Matthew

IP Logged

spooky2

Re: Leaving a building and a lecture
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 11:05pm

This threatening change of the ceiling, and similar occurings in general within dreams, in my experience can be caused by a wandering focus of awareness, especially coming from physical irritations, like disturbing noise, or ache. So if you have actually been at a nonphysical place together with your son, and you saw this threat, and your son didn't, it might just have been you were disturbed by something at the physical level, while your son wasn't. The woman who said you won't be able to come back if you'd leave might have meant "at this night".

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 9:44am

Greetings Matthew,

You said:"  A shifting in the ceiling and wall (swaying) could have been a change in thinking that my son was comfortable with but I wasn't."

I think your statement above is getting to a strong interpretation. "Bringing the house down' or a crash can refer to changing the way one thinks about things.  Do  you have a sense of what the woman was talking about before this happened?  Are there many women presenters in your field? I'm wonderring if she may have represented a more intuitive way of knowing.

You used your 'gut''s instinct to tell you to leave. But she spoke to your mind, a higher center. Maybe if you would go back in your mind to the moment you were leaving, and try to find 'her', another scenario would develop on its own with the resolution to her comments.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 3:54pm

Thanks for the interpretations.

I will try to set intent to return tonight and see what happens.  I had a great sense of relief that I got him out before the building came down, but was a bit baffled.

I'll let you know what happens.

Matthew

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Hi Matthew,

This dream may have been a test of your intent. I've found that many of our experiences in dreams/oobe, etc. are "given" to us by guidance to test our readiness for additional spiritual growth. 

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Oct 14th, 2009 at 7:39pm

Matthew:

I believe Kathy made a good point.

Also, what would happen if the ceiling came down? You might see the sky, which could be a symbol for the World of spirit that awaits you. Perhaps your higher self/spirit guidance is trying to see if you're interested. Your son might symbolize a part of you that hasn't forgotten what is available to you in the World of spirit. There are many stories of children having contact with their friends from the spirit World until they become older and forget about doing so for however long.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 8:04am

Doc, you said:

I remember feeling relief, and curiousity that he seemed unconcerned by it all.

-----------------

..."and when he got home, his dinner was still warm"

Isn't that from "Where the Wild Things Are"?

Perhaps it was "supper" and not "dinner", can't quite remember...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.