Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
State of the Union dream (Read 3557 times)
Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
State of the Union dream
Oct 11th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Well, I am a Canadian so it was strange to have this dream. I do watch CNN quite a bit however. That might explain it.
There are some railroad tracks, unused, where we all take our dogs to go to the Harbor cafes and drink coffee a lot.
In my dream I was happily strolling along the tracks with the dogs running ahead of me as usual, only it was absolutely pitch dark, no moon or stars even. I was quite content until in a "lucid" sort of moment I suddenly realized I was walking the tracks in pitch darkness at night and that wasn't so wise. But I felt very secure and continued to walk peacefully along in the dark between the rails.
Then as I walked in the darkness I got a jolt as I realized a pickup truck with two men in it with baseball hats on (that was my impression in the darkness) was slowly pulling to a halt right beside where I was. The thing was, they had no headlights on and had come up the Industrial road so quietly with no lights on so I had not heard them as they approached, going very slowly for quietness. I should have been scared and felt threatened but I felt they couldn't see me at all, it was too dark. So I stood stock-still and did not move, feeling if I tried to lay on the ground to hide they would notice the movement. I stood there in the dark and the dogs were way off ahead. One of the men got out of the truck and stepped over to the tracks, I could just make out the shadowy outline of him moving. He had something in his hand. It was a big, oddly shaped piece of cardboard, white. He tossed it onto the tracks in front of me, not seeing me there, and went back to the truck. They started up again with no lights and drew away. I moved forward and looked at the white piece of throw-away cardboard, very puzzled as to why they would go to so much trouble to toss out a piece of cardboard. I left it on the tracks there and carried on walking. Then I woke up.
As I woke, I tried to think what the odd shape of the cardboard was. It reminded me of something but I could not think what.
Then I turned on the TV for the morning news on CNN. It was State of the Union with John King and behind him on the wall was the image of the U.S. map and I realized with a shock it was the shape of the cardboard the men in the pickup had tossed away onto the railroad tracks.
I wondered what on earth the dream was about. Maybe I watch CNN too much. American politics is more interesting than Canadian politics, at least I find it so. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: State of the Union dream
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 4:47pm

Hi Vee,

so do you think /believe that the US is on track for immanent crushing by a giant run-over by ------- ?

That's what I get using the pun method of interpretation. I hope someone comes up with something better!

Bets
Smiley

Could you go back and move the cardboard, please?!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 10:48pm

In my dream tonight I will go back and get the cardboard, yes!! I never thought of that, they ran over it with the truck...pretty clever, Bets. I missed that completely. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 7:05pm

Hi Vee,
that guy placed the USA shaped cardboard on the rairoad track, but it was the very railroad track you were walking on, you were following, so he placed it on YOUR track. That would mean the USA will play a role in your life. Since railroad tracks might be a symbol of travel, the most specific interpretation possible would be you will travel to the USA. The truck rolling silently and in darkness besides you, and the guys, may symbolize your unconsciousness, or your entire life, inside the truck are your past and your future events which you are not normally aware of.

So, if you won't post here for a while, I'd assume you're traveling the USA. Maybe you'd visit Bets and you two would have some fun together?

Spooky

P.S. In your last post you said they ran over it (the cardboard?) with their truck, that doesn't fit with what you told in your initial post, where they left you, and you left the cardboard on the tracks. Picky Spooky  Smiley

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 10:53pm

No that's right, Spooky, but because the cardboard was so flattened out, Bets was thinking they had run over it with the truck, then because it was a criminal act, or something, they sneaked over to the tracks to toss it away and hide the evidence. I think that's what you meant, Bets, am I right? And I like your interpretation there, Spooky, I'd love a trip...any kind of holiday would be great right now. I'd have to save up though for a while!! Vee

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2009 at 8:41am

Right!   Smiley

Thanks, Spooky, for the much better interpretation!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.