Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Near Death Study by Hospitals (Read 3089 times)
Rondele
Ex Member

Near Death Study by Hospitals
Oct 3rd, 2009 at 1:24pm

This was featured on the Today Show the other day.  Sounds interesting.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=11211092

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Near Death Study by Hospitals
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 2:09pm

The study was posted on this Forum last year.  It is an international effort, where ERs will have certain thing written on ceiling and other areas, so that if someone has a NDE and then comes back they may report seeing the images or messages.  Interesting but not proof.

Bruce is right, proof means your own experience and knowing for sure in your gut.  Someone could claim the ER NDEs were simply mind reading or some other explanation - no matter how irrational.

I applaud the effort, but do not think the world will be convinced. 

M

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:05pm

Matthew-

I didn't get the impression the purpose of this study was to convince folks that we survive death.

The doctors who were interviewed re the study seemed genuinely interested in doing serious research to determine if we really do "leave" our body when we physically die.

And as the doctors said, there really is no point of death in any case.  Death is a process, and can take up to an hour or so after the heart stops.

If, during that period of stoppage we leave our body, the way this experiment is designed should provide some pretty conclusive evidence.

And if so, it will pave the way for even more study by serious researchers, which is something that up to now has been sadly lacking.

R

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 5:20pm

Hi Roger,

Actually, I am not against research - jut a bit jaded I bet.  Because, I feel if people have NDEs, and see things deliberately written on ceilings, some cynic will say it is ESP, mind reading, etc. but not proof of anything. 

The flaw in the thinking is the idea that the essential core of a person has to in some way exist in the physical world.  Think of what you said - that the researchers want to know if in fact we leave our body.  This assumes that our consciousness is the formed by our brains/neurons and is located in our skulls.

The physical world has its own rules/lawsand the mental/spiritual planes appear to operate independently.  Investigators will look for something leaving the physical body.  If nothing is found to leave the body, then it may be concluded there is no soul.  This assumes the primacy of physical matter and consciousness is secondary.  If consciousness is primary, and the world and our bodies secondary, then it exists in its own plane and simultaneously in the physical plane while we are alive. 

I guess I'm all for studying the issue in a concrete physical way, but I'm dubious that the outcome will be anything more than getting others to consider the greater possibilities. 

I like the idea that an international coalition is trying to paint images on ceilings in ERs and the like.  At least these caregivers are not dismissive about the possible existence of a soul.

M

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2009 at 6:13am

Matthew,

As a doctor you might be interested in the NDE of Pam Reynolds. She had a colossal brain aneurysm and had to have all her blood removed from her body and her body cooled down until it was clinically dead, both brain waves and flat line. Her account is fascinating and I would urge you to go to the link below and list to her inspirational story

http://www.unholylegacy.woerlee.org/pam-reynolds.php

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:24am

This Earth is a place for learning and by 'proving' nde's, to people who have too much fear and ego (which is the vast majority) ,spoils the learning environment. It just won't happened and is designed that way.
As most here in this forum  know it can be proven and has been proven but only by themselves to themselves because consciousness is personal.
As far as researching consciousness goes, you can't get any more 'serious' than The Monroe Institute. They prove it to people 'personally' all the time Wink
Forget the masses they will learn in their own time, just "Be the change you wish to see in the world" and concentrate on your own development.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:32am

So we should forget the masses and concentrate on our own development?

Actually it's just the opposite.  By focusing on others rather than ourselves, we will advance our own spiritual development far faster, both here and in the hereafter.

R

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 1:49pm

Forgetting the masses also has a point about releasing control of what 'we should' do. Is that the scary part of being an individual - no one to know what's best for - no orders given, no orders taken? Is my view right for everybody? Nope, that's way beyond silly. But it's right for me. Right. Making sure one's development is on track doesn't mean that one gets off on domination, keep others down, not be helpful and so on.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #8 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 2:35pm

I have yet to come across an individual or organization that I felt was better off serving the masses another subjective experience than using that experience for their own spiritual growth. People learn in their own time and someone who thinks their knowledge is superior and acts on that assumption is accosting the spiritual growth of others. That's what I think....today.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

pedigree

Reply #9 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:03pm

rondele wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:32am:
So we should forget the masses and concentrate on our own development?

Actually it's just the opposite.  By focusing on others rather than ourselves, we will advance our own spiritual development far faster, both here and in the hereafter.

R

In the context of "Near Death Study by Hospitals", yes we should forget the masses and don't give thought to if it is proved or not . 
Of course have empathy for people and help the ones who ask.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009 at 8:55pm by pedigree »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.