Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Life Review in the physical world via Microsoft? (Read 2033 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Life Review in the physical world via Microsoft?
Sep 25th, 2009 at 11:35am

There is an article out now on cnn.com about Microsoft making a "sensecam" - a camera which you wear which passively takes pictures throughout your day, and stores massive amounts of data for personal use.  The idea is that some people will download this data and have instant access to virtually any event or conversation they have had - even over many years.  The information can be stored, and accessed at will.  One of the main execs at microsoft has been doing this for a while now (?years), essentially downloading his life onto a digital memory base. 

Is this a computer generated life review?  If they could implant this in a miniaturized form in people, would we even want it?

I think my wife would (she is always snapping photos), but there is something creepy about this.

Matthew

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Re: Life Review in the physical world via Microsoft?
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:16pm

Yeah I am very into this concept, a way of keeping a record of yourself so that when you die and are nothingness people can remember you existed. I do lots of videos on youtube especially game reviews, I am easy to find as VGCODEMASTER. I plan on recording clips for my kids in case I ever have any, that way they can see what I used to look like and I can talk about my hopes dreams and junk.

But yeah, I'll take a camera like that any day. Except my typical day is pretty much a waste anyway. I work a lot and I hate people no offense. I purposely avoid talking to anyone unless I absolutely have to. (damn wife!)

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:21pm

There are certainly privacy issues that would have to be thoroughly discussed. What I mean is, I don't know if I would want to be photographed and recorded by someone else all the time without my knowledge, or even with my knowledge. Would I have the choice to decide 'not' to be recorded by someone else?

This certainly would make it difficult for others to lie about previous conversations and events, if they have been recorded.

I would also imagine that the presence of recording devices would deter crime if everyone felt they could be recorded at any time. However, I don't know if that is true. It might actually sensationalize it even more than it already is under certain circumstances.

What a lot to consider.

IP Logged

Terethian
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 12:26pm

It's reality TV!!! for real! ::jumps up and down wearing helmet with gigantic camera strapped onto head.::

We bring you now Live to Terethian's head cam!!!!!

:::toilet flushing sound:::

Woops! And now it's time for a word from our sponsors!

IP Logged

ChantillyChopper

Deland, Fl
Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2009 at 8:18pm

That was funny T!

We ride and never worry about the fall!

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 10:33pm

Interesting idea. Could be useful sometimes. Although, like with all those massive storage "collections", it would get difficult to find what you search for with the growing amount of data. And all you busy photographers, be honest, the most of your photographies end up on the harddrive only to be never ever watched again, isn't it?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2009 at 11:02pm

MAtthew

My understanding of life review was that the review showed you what everyone in the scene experienced, not just the person who was having the review. YOu experience the scene from all perspectives. The camera just shows one perspective.

Still, the camera would be interesting for many reasons. Yeah, you can no longer assume no one is observing you so you have to use your good table manners at all times. No more licking the ice cream bowl! And it would add a new twist to eye witness testimony, which actually has been shown to not be totally reliable, I think.

I hate to clue the guy at Microsoft. Most people would probably think his life was utterly boring except for a few events.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.