Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What have you learned? (Read 2019 times)
b2
Ex Member

What have you learned?
Sep 15th, 2009 at 7:33pm

Realizing that we are each a 'work in progress', what is the most important thing that you, on your personal spiritual quest, have learned along your journey?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: What have you learned?
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 7:48pm

b2:

Some of these answers might sound cliche, but what the heck Smiley (in no particular order).

-The afterlife does in fact exist.
-What's most important is that we grow in love.
-None of us has all of the answers and none of us is infallible, despite what some people claim.
-We don't have to be overly concerned about unfriendly spirit influences even though they exist, because it is up to us when it comes to what kind of people we want to be.
-That Jesus Christ the man did live, and he plays a key part in the divine plan, but not in a fundamentalist way.
-That many supposed physical problems such as back pain can be taken care of if we deal with the psychological issues of our life rather than popping pills and under going surgery.
-That an absolutely wonderful and eternal future awaits us.
-That spiritual growth isn't about negating our sense of self, it is about becoming a soul who lives so completely according to love that he/she doesn't need to feel as if others are seperate.
-That there are friendly spirit beings we can make contact with.
-That love and fear don't go together.
-That I am very fortunate.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2009 at 9:56pm

Hard to beat that list, recoverer. That about covers it for me! Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Iank

ALK Member

uk
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 1:07am

in 40 odd years ive learned life is still very hard and depressing

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #4 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 9:43am

Greetings,

I'll refer back to Recoverer's list also.
(Thanks, Recoverer.)

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Mark

Yakima, WA
Reply #5 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:47pm

In an effort to be a retiever in this reality as well as others I would like to respond to Iank -
I think that sometimes we tend to forget that it is not only in the "astral" where thoughts manifest themselves. Here is the physical it is as true as anywhere. There have been many times in my 48 odd years that I have found life hard and depressing, and who could argue? There are still other times when I am quite optimistic and enjoy life immensely. What has changed? Usually nothing but my outlook, my perspective. This is not an easy frame of mind to maintain but well worth the effort. And (bonus) this carries over into my non-physical life as well as I am sure it will when I am no longer physical. Keep your chin up -it will force you to look up.
This is one of the many things I have learned through my trials and errors and would like to add to the list.

IP Logged

b2
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 6:51pm

Thank you Recoverer, Vee, Iank, Betson, Mark.

Mark, I truly enjoyed your approach to this question. I consider yours to be a very insightful response.

As are the others.

I am hoping that this thread will continue to attract a series of varied responses from which we may all learn.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.