Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Reiki is non-Christian (Read 10656 times)
Romain

North/West Coast
Reiki is non-Christian
Jul 16th, 2009 at 12:12pm

Thought some of you might be interested in reading this ...thing...Sad

Catholic bishops tell nuns and other to stop practicing Reiki:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/02/us/02nuns.html?_r=4&pagewanted=2&hp

Here the PDF on it:
http://www.usccb.org/dpp/Evaluation_Guidelines_finaltext_2009-03.pdf

The Church is at it again... Shocked
R.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Re: Reiki is non-Christian
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 12:15pm

Oops sorry guys this should have been posted in the spiritual healing with PUL forum..sorry..

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 12:24pm

Thanks for the PDF. You have to have an account to read the article on NY TImes.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:04pm

If their church had it their way they would not even allow us ordinary folks to pray for ourselves, let alone practice a technique...hmmm, prayer strikes me as a bit of a technique too...I suppose its only a matter of time till we are doomed to the dark ages once more.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 6:15pm

Ridiculous. But I have a suggestion to the Catholic Church: The Catholic Church could replace all non-correct angels who may appear in any Reiki-teaching with correct Catholic ones, and then re-name the whole thing into, well, Catholic Christian Hand Laying or something...

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2009 at 5:30pm

Beau..we are doomed to the dark ages once more...let's hope NOT..the'll burn us again...lol.

Spooky...it is ridiculous agree maybe they want to re-name it the father/son/holyghost healing hand technique..Smiley
R.

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2009 at 6:35pm

This kind of thing is sad.

IP Logged

MikeV

Cardiff, UK
Reply #7 - Jul 19th, 2009 at 8:27pm

This goes to shows how restrictive some belief systems can be, even though I realize that the bishops only mean well, it's still sad to see such a positive thing forbidden, it's only a healing technique after all there's not anything even remotely "darkside" about it.

IP Logged

Volu

Right here and right there
Reply #8 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 7:00am

What's good for some is bad for others. Pointing out different aspects of a belief system is one thing, demanding that others do what you like is another, and is quite in line with the mentioned BS. Even though something is conveyed as "it's best for you" (change names, make it happen), it's still what it is. If this is how someone would like to live their lives, why not? Churches have power to do stuff like this, because power is handed over to them. Still someone's possible choice to hand over power.

Reiki's not darkside, but if someone got to know they could do this themselves or others than the deities, power would perhaps be taken back, and thus the decline of that BS. But that's up to the practitioners to decide. I think the BS is BS, but it's not for me to decide what they choose to do, unless they knock on my door and want me to convert, then I'd say nope, not interested and close the door.

I don't believe in the unconditional part in PUL, but I do like freedom to do what you want as long as you don't force your or someone elses stuff on others.

Vegetarian is an old indian word for bad hunter.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #9 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 1:04pm

I don't have adoration for the Catholic hierarchy but I live in a strongly Catholic community and endeavor to hold my tongue because I always manage to step on toes. However, I do notice that the masses do tend to be eclectic in their Catholicism, often I think practicing a "Take what you can use and leave the rest to rot" modality. They don't always take the parts I think are useful or important, but they do pick and choose a bit, Thank God. Otherwise, we aren't so far removed from some of the Islamic fundamentalists who seem to be stuck in the middle ages.

The excursion workshop I will mention else where was held at a local monastary that rents out space for small retreat-type events. They cooked lunch for us both days and on the 2nd day one of the brothers or priests joined us for an exercise. I don't know what he thought of the experience but since hemi-sync is more science than religion I imagine it was all OK. The monastary conference room is a lovely place to have a retreat like that. You can see trees and rocks and birds and turkeys and sky out the windows. You can walk a short trail with Stations of the Cross monuments along the way and also walk a stone labyrinth they made (solvitur ambulando). I do hope the hierarchy would approve of hemi-sync!

Quote:
I don't believe in the unconditional part in PUL, but I do like freedom to do what you want as long as you don't force your or someone elses stuff on others.

without the unconditional part, what is there????

IP Logged

Ally

Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 3:23am

This article is blatantly lying about Reiki not having any proven basis in science! According to this article here:

http://www.vishwashealingcentre.com/reiki_ki.htm

Reiki has been proven by science, at least that the body is a conductor of electricity, and has an electromagnetic field. That is why acupuncture can be proven by science! This article just wants to discourage Christians and Catholics from venturing outside their 'comfort zone' of religion.

Here is a part of a previous post I put in the 'Spiritual Healing with PUL' forum under Lucy's thread 'How does Reiki feel to you?'

"I am new here, and relatively new to Hemi Sync and afterlife experience, but I have known a thing or two about Reiki, or as I like to call it, Chigong, or Qigong, which is the Chinese term for the same energy use.

Yeah, you have to be careful to choose people with good, loving intentions to use it on you.

I have never 'formally' practiced it, or went to classes for it. I learned what I know about it solely from someone I met teaching me firsthand, and afterwards, I started practicing on my own, fairly often.

I do believe it is true that if you want to use Reiki for healing, you need to already have a good loving heart, open to PUL energy, and at least aware of your capacity to love and truly reach out and give to people. Plus, you have to be confident that it works and is real.

I have tried healing other people with my Reiki energy, and back when I first started practicing and using it, I tried healing physical pain in other people. It actually worked!  But, the problem was that it was temporary. Within an hour or so, whatever pain the person had that I relieved would return. I did that for someone that had a bad toothache. I completely got rid of their pain! But, within the next 15 or 20 minutes, the pain came back. My intention was probably incorrect, at the time.  I should have been thinking about just healing in general, and not just healing pain.

I have even healed pain in myself, as well. I had some severe period cramps one morning, before I had to go to work, and I knew that I wouldn't make it through the day in that kind of pain, but I had no medication with me to take. So, the only thing I had was Reiki, and I focused very hard, pushing the energy through my palms into my abdomen where the pain was, thinking only about healing the pain. And, within the next ten minutes, the soothing heat and energy I was generating caused the pain to melt away entirely, and it did not return!

I have been reading in a book about Chinese Qigong (Reiki) Meditation, that you can use this energy to reach 'enightenment', or connect with the spiritual. So, I think Reiki is like a tool to use to bond and become close to the spirit, and spiritual world. If you always have the right intentions, then the more you use it, the closer you will get. I believe this is what people used to reach the kind of altered, heightened states of consciousness that you can reach with Hemi Sync, now. But, without any outside aids; only yourself.

I read that if you focus your energy into your abdominal area, which acts like a 'battery' for energy, store up enough, and then move it up towards the middle of the forehead, or the 'third eye' you can begin opening the third eye up, which will bond you ever closer to the spirit world."

So, anyway, my point is that how that article is saying that Reiki is neither scientific, nor divinely spiritual is a bunch of baloney! Reiki is BOTH! They are just trying to discourage people from an alternative approach to help people.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 9:11am

What most people don't realize is that Reiki, and all other modalities of healing such as white light, RAM's energy bar, prayer, etc. are all tools to help the healer focus their intent.  It is not the modality that heals, it is the intent of those involved.  All are metaphors people use to focus their intent.  It doesn't matter what tool is used as long as it works for you.  The best tools are the ones you develop yourself.  All that is required is focused intent.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 8:12pm

I would go further and say it's not even the intent as much as a person who is attempting to assist the healing process acts as a conduit. GOD(DESS) is the one who does the healing, IMO.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #13 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 8:59pm

My experience is the same as that of Kathy.  When our intent sinks down into our subconscious as belief, it becomes reality.  The universe, collective unconscious, or what some may call the god/goddess, are reactive to our intent.  I liken it to a template.

I therefore dislike the notion that we are a conduit for an outside energy source, because I think this notion completely misses the point.  It is more, as Kathy mentions that our creative potential imprints intent/belief onto a membrane of the universe, and the outcome (a change of probabilities in the physical world) is bound to happen.

In healing, it is essential that we see the person as being whole, healthy and smiling.  That we apply our intent, and accept it.  Give thanks for it.  Cultivate the feeling of the person as healed and happy.  The joy and laughter.  When our intent is combined with a knowing or belief, a healing should occur. 

Too often, we see people putting their intent or belief in a source outside of them, more as a supplication than an intent or belief.  This may be sincere, but unless the person who prays has a deep seated belief in their own healing, it is less likely to have an effect.

Interestingly enough, the Christian church encourages people to cultivate their own faith and healing.  Quotes such as "your faith has made you whole," and the famous sayings "ask and ye shall receive," and "If you have the faith even of a mustard seed and say to a mountain to move, it will" invokes the creative power within ourselves.  I think it is a mistake to believe that faith has to be in something apart from ourselves; we are part of the process.  It is not egotistical or conceited to see ourselves as a co-creator with God.

Matthew

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 11:34am

Hi Doc-

Your post raises some really provocative questions!

You said <<When our intent is combined with a knowing or belief, a healing should occur. >>

I realize you are referring to healings, but here's the rub.....if a radical muslim believes wholeheartedly that he'll be serviced in the afterlife by 72 virgins as a reward for killing infidels, why wouldn't that occur?

Maybe there's a filter of sorts that nullifies those kinds of intents, but if we really are co-creators with God, couldn't we create unsavory outcomes as well as beneficial ones, such as healing?

Placing intent along with belief is powerful, but I wonder where (or if) the line is drawn.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.