Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Reiki is non-Christian (Read 10667 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Reiki is non-Christian
Reply #15 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:03pm

Hi Roger,

I don't honestly know.  However, my experience tells me that the great balancing equation is the love vs. fear/hate factor in the individual.  Would a terrorist go to some sort of belief system territory after death, possibly with virgins, etc?  Perhaps.  But soon, he would find himself with others who kill, maim and destroy.  Kind of hard to find paradise that way.  His belief that the paradise is what he will find can't overcome the lack of love - the fear and hatred which he unleashes. 

I am not saying that belief works 100% of the time in either the earth plane or the spiritual plane.  Only that in my experience, the combination of intent and belief is a powerful, probability changing force, that has been used and known about for centuries on earth in one way or other (magic, shamanism, healing, material achievements, etc.).

When I use the term co-creator with God, it is with the understanding that we act out of love, because acting out of fear and hatred may cause things to happen, but the path and destination is very dark and usually entangles one in karma (pay back) and misery. 

It is why wiccans make a supplication to the goddess/god before casting a spell, why many at TMI ask guides/helpers and deceased family members to let the outcome be for the highest good, prior to setting intention.  And I'm sure it is found as a prayer in the major religions of Judaism and Christianity.

Matthew

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 12:57pm

Doc-

I agree with your points, except that the radical muslim in this example is going to think he's actually in heaven and is truly reaping the promised reward by Allah for his murderous acts.

I can understand why a thief would sooner or later understand that he's in a BST and that love is the way out, but our other friend is going to be convinced that a loving Allah came through for him.

So it would be difficult, maybe even bordering on impossible, for him to perceive a lack of love in that particular BST where the virgins comply with his every wish.  In his case, he really did die and go to heaven. And even if he's surrounded by other like-minded radicals, they too would be enjoying their rewards.  In their case, murders of infidels is a positive attribute.

For him, leaving would be tantamount to a rejection of his own god. A tough sell!

Unless, however, he eventually tires of the 72 virgins and gradually comes to realize the truth of the old saying "be careful of what you wish for."

R

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #17 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 1:43pm

Interesting points.  My two cents, Roger, are that the terrorist would arrive in an afterlife, perhaps appearing to be what was promised.  Yet his inner state is such that misery, violence and grief are what he reaps and sows.  Could there be "virgins and palaces?"  Perhaps.  yet what happens next?  Is he ambushed, attacked, beheaded by another zealot for a perceived slight?

I would imagine that his negative state of mind and deliberate lack of love and compassion would make enjoyment of this focus level nearly impossible. 

It is also possible that he would be with murderers and thieves who are of a like mind, and that his belief in his rewards won't materialize in a hell or belief system territory - I really don't know for sure.

Either way, he reaps what he sows. 

M

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 2:12pm

Hi Goobygirl,

Matthew does an eloquent job of explaining this concept.

It is intent that moves consciousness from one state of being to another on all "levels"... our personal ELS intent, our "higher self" intent, which is not always known, but continually penetrates into the ELS self, as well as the greater "God/Goddess" consciousness system intent. For example, I've seen aura's for over 30 years. The aura is basically consciousness that carries information from the non-physical into the physical, but the aura itself is only a metaphor that filters from my total being consciousness to my ELS consciousness.  

I can understand why some may think healing/spiritual experiencing are outside of themselves, but they're not. The person simply is not aware of his/her higher consciousness being his/her self. Receiving info this way can be very useful, but it is not necessary. I know very effective healers that have never "seen" auras. It is the quality of intent that deems effectiveness.

To think that we are separated from the larger system is incorrect. We are a part of it and it is a part of us. None of these levels of being are truly separate. And at no time are we ever not a part of the entire larger system.  It only seems that way because of the various laws/rules that the larger system places within the lesser systems for the purpose of growing/becoming/evolving the whole of consciousness.

Hi Roger,

Hope you don't mind me putting my two cents in, too.

I'd say, as Matthew mentions, if the person believed that would be his afterlife experience, then quite possibly that is what he would experience. At least until he learned/experienced and integrated into his consciousness something different, which of course could take place in numerous ways. For example, he may at some point become more aware of his total being. Remember we are only a stream of our soul/total being.

Certainly we do create unsavory experiences both here and in the non-physical world. There are probably more opportunities to do so in the non-physical world as there are here because the non-physical has fewer laws/rules that govern it. The evolution of consciousness is set up to explore all potentialities to discover those that serve the whole system in the most beneficial way. Lines are drawn with the rules/laws that exist within the various realities.  Absolute free will is an intricate aspect of the total consciousness system, so free will reigns free within the governing laws of any particular reality.  

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 6:12pm

Regarding the terrorist-in-personal-heaven, there are some points which won't allow an easy access to such a heaven.

Someone who hears about a promise of such a heaven, but has never learnt to love wholeheartedly, and has never learnt to enjoy life isn't likely to move to such a heaven, simply because of the lack of a vision of such a heaven.

Someone who has had no other perspective in life than being only accepted through obeying a set of rules, making him/her "worthy" and others, who don't do so, viewing as "unworthy" is likely to continue this pattern in the afterlife, and this could mean to go to a nonphysical place where this behaviour is just repeating, again with the promise that "after this, you'll go to heaven", until this pattern is seen through.

Wishes and expectations which are not rooted in the whole of the person can become weak in the afterlife. Terrorists often are masters of suppression of their own traumas, fears, and obsessions. Compared with these masses of suppressed stuff an expectation of going to heaven can crumble very quickly.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.