Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Comparing Michael Newton and RAM's approaches. (Read 1893 times)
detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Comparing Michael Newton and RAM's approaches.
Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:30pm

Hi folks,
I've just started re-reading Michael Newton's books again.
Now it occurs to me that the results that he's had using deep hypnosis for between life and past life explorations seem to me to be quite different to Bob Monroe's books.
So can I ask the many fab folks here who have got through to Focus 21 and above and have also read Michael Newton's books if they find the two different approaches harmonise with each other, or are drastically different?
Just one example off the top of my head: Would a soul/spiritguide be the equivalent to RAM's Excom?

Thanks in advance and best wishes,
David.
Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Comparing Michael Newton and RAM's approaches.
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 2:10pm

Greetings David,

Helpers and Guides that work with us in the afterlife come in many different forms, it seems. We experience them and then interpret their meaning to ourselves.  So comparing the experiences of two different explorers is difficult. They could be talking about the very same things but just saw different aspects of those situations.

Personally I don't compare much anymore.  I respect Newton and RAM for what they offer. I'm not completely in tune with either as much as I am with Moen's approach that emphasizes the power of PUL. I guess it depends on what one is looking for or needs.

I just did a search for Newton on this site (see magnifying glass and window to the upper right. Two opposite  Sad  views of Newton came up on two different threads by people whose opinions I respect.  Huh
Just take what is helpful is I guess the answer.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 5:29pm

Hi Bets,
many thanks for the reply -profound and right on the mark as usual!  Cheesy
What got me thinking on this is the accounts of the afterlife by both Michael Newton and RAM. For instance, (and I may have totally the wrong end of the stick here so please feel free to correct me) is there an equivalent to Focus 27 -The Park- in Michael Newton's books? For that matter, in Journey of Souls he talks about a library where you can read 'books' (actually the way he describes it is a three dimensional holograph projector) of your past lives and potentials for future lives. Is there an equivalent that I've missed in RAM's -or even for that matter Bruce's books?
Come to that, is the kind of afterlife environment described in Newton's books a Belief System Territory of a kind?

Many thanks and best wishes,

David.
Smiley

IP Logged

goobygirl

USA
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 4:55pm

The book about past lives is called the Akashic Records. They can be viewed and found on the plane called by the Sikhs and Hindus as the Causal Plane.

Goobygirl

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2009 at 6:48pm

Bets is right I think, we can interprete things different.

On first glance, Newton's writings impress with the number of similar reports by different probands. But a member of this board, dave_a_mbs, himself a hypno-regression-therapist, had stated his concern that Newton's method is way too suggestive to claim that the resulting reports are independent from each other.

Quote detheridge: "Would a soul/spiritguide be the equivalent to RAM's Excom?"
   In my experience, usually not. But it's not that easy. I've met several guides, and I had the feeling that these guides belong to my higher self. So, I could say the totality of my guides are the EXCOM of my higher self. In one experience, one nonphysical person to me seemed to representate my higher self; so in a way, a helper could be a symbol for the entire higher self.

I can't remember Monroe told explicitely about a library as Newton did, but from Monroe's descriptions of Focus 27 such a library would fit very good there. I've come across a library, but in a different form, and I can't tell on what focus level this had been. It's not easy to certainly know if something is still within Focus 27 or not, as Focus 27, as well as, in my experience, Focus 21, are containing a great variety of places, so that finally you don't know if this really is still within this Focus level or another.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.