Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bill Wiese 23 minutes in Hell (Read 9707 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Bill Wiese 23 minutes in Hell
Jun 23rd, 2009 at 6:44am

[color=#000000]23 Minutes in Hell
One night I was catapulted to the very pit of hell--a terrible place of grotesque creatures, toxic fumes, and terrible darkness.

BY: Bill Wiese

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Christianity/2006/03/23-Minutes-In-Hell.aspx?p=3

On November 22, 1998... I was catapulted out of my bed into the very pit of hell. My point of arrival was a cell that was approximately fifteen feet high by ten feet wide with a fifteen-foot depth.

With its walls of rough stone and rigid bars on the door, I felt as though I was in a temporary holding area, a place where a prisoner would await his final hours before meeting a far more terrifying destiny. Isaiah 24:22 says, "And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison" (KJV). Proverbs 7:27 refers to "chambers" of death in hell.

As I lay there on the floor of that cell, I felt extremely weak. I noticed that I had a body, one that appeared just as it is now. Lifting my head, I began to look around. Immediately I realized that I was not alone in this cell. I saw two enormous beasts, unlike anything I had ever seen before.

These creatures were approximately ten to thirteen feet tall. These towering beasts were far, far beyond intimidating. It is one thing to be threatened by someone much taller than you. But these creatures were not of this natural world. I recognized that they were entirely evil, and they were gazing at me with pure, unrestrained hatred, which completely paralyzed me with fear. "Evil" and "Terror" stood before me. Those creatures were an intensely concentrated manifestation of those two forces.

I still had no idea where I was, and I felt utterly panicked. Although I had no point of reference, no familiarity with anything I was experiencing, and no understanding of how I got here, still I was faced with the unimaginable reality that a tortuous death seemed certain.

The creatures weren't animals, but they weren't human, either. Each giant beast resembled a reptile in appearance, but took on human form. Their arms and legs were unequal in length, out of proportion—without symmetry. The first one had bumps and scales all over its grotesque body. It had a huge protruding jaw, gigantic teeth, and large sunken-in eyes.

This creature was stout and powerful, with thick legs and abnormally large feet. It was pacing violently around the cell like a caged bull, and its demeanor was extremely ferocious. The second beast was taller and thinner, with very long arms and razor-sharp fins that covered its body. Protruding from its hands were claws that were nearly a foot long. Its personality seemed different from the first being. It was certainly no less evil, but it remained rather still.

I could hear the creatures speaking to each other. Although I could not identify what language it was, somehow I could understand their words. They were awful words—terrible, blasphemous language that spewed from their mouths expressing extreme hatred for God.

Suddenly they turned their attention toward me. They looked like hungry predators staring at their prey. I was terrified. Like an insect in a deadly spider's web, I felt helpless, trapped, and frozen with fear. I knew I had become the object of their hostility, and I felt a violent, evil presence such as I had never felt before and greater than anything I could imagine. They possessed a hatred that far surpassed any hatred a person could have, and now that hatred was directed straight at me. I couldn't identify what these beasts were yet, but I knew they meant me harm.

Continued on page 2: Two more creatures came into my cell... »

I knew that it was much more than physical weakness I was feeling. Indeed, it was weakness of every form. I was mentally and emotionally drained, even though I had only been there a few minutes. Most of us have experienced a loss of strength and energy after intense weeping, emotional distress, or grief. After a time of healing, we regain that strength though it may take years. However, at that moment

I felt that there would never be a time for recuperating from the literal weight that had fallen upon me—a weight of hopeless despair.

Two more creatures came into the cell, and I had the feeling that these four beings had been "assigned" to me. I felt as though I was being "sized up" and that my torment would be their amusement. As they entered, suddenly the light vanished. It became absolutely pitch black. I had no idea why the sudden and intense darkness had begun.

But I sensed that the light that had been present had been an intrusion and that the atmosphere had now returned to its normal state of darkness. Lamentations 3:6 states: "He has set me in dark places like the dead of long ago."

One of the creatures picked me up. The strength of the beast was amazing. I was comparable to the weight of a water glass in its hand. Mark 5:3-4 describes a man possessed with a demon with these words: "...no one could bind him, not even with chains...the chains had been pulled apart by him, and the shackles broken in pieces." Instinctively, I knew that the creature holding me had strength approximately one thousand times greater than a man. I cannot explain how I perceived that bit of information.

Then the beast threw me against the wall. I crumbled onto the floor. It felt as though every bone in my body had been broken.' I felt pain, but it was as if the pain was being somehow softened. I knew I did not experience the full brunt of the pain. I thought, How was it blocked?

The second beast, with its razor-like claws and sharp protruding fins, then grabbed me from behind in a bear hug. As it pressed me into its chest, its sharp fins pierced my back. I felt like a rag doll in its clutches in comparison to his enormous size. He then reached around and plunged his claws into my chest and ripped them outward. My flesh hung from my body like ribbons as I fell again to the cell floor.

These creatures had no respect for the human body—how remarkably it is made. I have always taken care of myself by eating right, exercising, and staying in shape, but none of that mattered as my body was being destroyed right before my eyes.

I knew that I could not escape this torture via death, for not even that was an option. Death penetrated me, but eluded me. The creatures seemed to derive pleasure in the pain and terror they inflicted upon me. Psalm 116:3 (KVJ) says, "The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow." Oh, how I yearned for death, but there would be none.

The Living Dead

I pleaded for mercy, but they had none—absolutely no mercy. They seemed to be incapable of it. They were pure evil. No mercy existed in that place. Mercy is from God in heaven.

The mental anguish I felt was indescribable. Asking for mercy from such evil only seemed to heighten their desire to torment me more.

I was conscious of the fact that there was no fluid coming from my wounds. No blood, no water, nothing. At this time, I did not stop to wonder why. I was extremely nauseous from the terrible, foul stench coming from these creatures. It was absolutely disgusting, foul, and rotten. It was, by far, the most putrid smells I have ever encountered.

If you could take every rotten thing you can imagine, such as an open sewer, rotten meat, spoiled eggs, sour milk, dead rotting animal flesh, and sulfur, and magnify it a thousand times, you might come close. This is not an exaggeration. The odor was actually extremely toxic, and that alone should have killed me.

Instinctively, I just knew that some of the things I experienced were a thousand times worse than what would be possible on the earth's surface—things such as the odors mentioned, the strength of the demons, the loudness of the screams, the dryness, and the loneliness felt.

Somehow I managed to move a bit and dragged myself across the ground toward the barred door. I couldn't see, but I remembered the direction of the door that had been left open. I finally made it to the door and crawled out of the cell. Apparently, the creatures allowed me to crawl out without stopping me.

As soon as I exited the cell, my first instinct was to get as far away as possible. Again, I desperately wanted to run. All I could think of was to get up onto my feet. However, every move to get up took great effort. I remember wondering, Why is this so difficult? After tremendous exertion, I was finally able to stand. I was thoroughly exhausted and, at the same time, very frustrated at how hard simple movement had become. Although I was now outside the cell, I could not run, and fear continued to bind itself around me as a snake constricting its prey.

I was horrified as I heard the screams of an untold multitude of people crying out in torment. It was absolutely deafening. The terror-filled screams seemed to go right through me, penetrating my very being. I once heard about a television special where a news reporter spent the night in a prison just to experience prison life firsthand. The prisoners were crying, moaning, and yelling all night long. He stated that he couldn't sleep because of all the noise. This place where I now stood was far, far worse.

Through the panic and the deafening noise, I struggled to gather my thoughts. I'm in hell! This is a real place, and I'm actually here! I frantically tried to understand, but it was just so inconceivable. Not me, I'm a good person, I thought.

The fear was so intense I couldn't bear it, but again, I couldn't die. I knew that most people up on the surface of the earth did not believe or even know that there was a whole world going on down here. They wouldn't believe it. But here it existed, and it was all too real. This place was so terrifying, so intense, and so hostile that it would be impossible for me to exaggerate the horror.

Was he lying or was he insane or is there some truth to it??

Peace?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Re: Bill Wiese 23 minutes in Hell
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 8:28am

quote:
Was he lying or was he insane or is there some truth to it??

Perhaps he was simply facing his own fears, which he mistakenly thought were 'bigger' and 'badder' than he was. Situations can 'morph' very quickly there. You can see things as if through a magnifying glass, a very very big magnifying glass. Perhaps it is a matter of interpretation.

Perhaps he felt heavy because he thought the floor beneath him was real. Perhaps he felt trapped because he thought the room was real. Perhaps he was cut off from the awareness of his own power.

Perhaps he was 'right and wrong', all at the same time.

quote:
Peace?

Peace, be still. Your Teacher often instructed his disciples to be unafraid. Even in the middle of a great storm, even on a small boat in the middle of a great storm. This is the essence of meditation, of letting go of illusions.

The power of the human mind is such that the storm can be calmed with a simple command. If believed, if taken to heart.

Peace is my favorite word of all time. Peace be yours, my friend.

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:25am

I, too, think he was facing his own fears mixed with a little bit of exaggeration. I think he felt that place existed because it exists somewhere in his mind on how hell is "supposed" to be.

Just My Honest Opinion

Supermodel....

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #3 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 12:06pm

Lying might be a little to strong of a word for his "story." You can see by the writing that his beliefs show a strong attachment to the body. Pain, sense of smell, and the sort. Plus there is a strong connection to what is written in scriptures. That makes it even less believable to me. But belief is a funny thing...If you believe in something it becomes reality. For those who know no better, there can be just such a place in store for them. My belief is that my God would not be amused, as these religions who spew such fear and even hate have no standing beyond the here and now, in their efforts to control peoples souls and generate money. So I am not so sure if it was lying but perhaps more a figment of his imagination as a result of dogmatic religious upbringing. There are no such places, unless you create them for yourself.  

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 3:48pm

<<But belief is a funny thing...If you believe in something it becomes reality.>>

Hi Hawkeye-

Yes, that may be true, but you should also consider the other implications of that statement.

For instance, people who believe that we can visit the afterlife and perform retrievals may actually be creating that particular reality as well.

If we reject one reality on the basis that it's self-created, we have to accept that our own realities may be equally false for the very same reason.

R

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #5 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:14pm

And they(we) are Rondele. We have created the reality of visiting the afterlife. Just like anyone of us can create hell just as for mentioned in the earlier post. But as strong as I believe in the afterlife doesn't make going to a hell something I have to have within my existence. Some call my belief, a belief in the "new age ghetto" for example. My thought is that they do that out of fear. Fear of their own belief that if they believe in something other than what they have been indoctrinated in, they themselves will end up in hell. And they will! Because that's what they believe in. They will create that reality for themselves. And only when they can except the reality of truth will they finally be released from their own designs. I just don't have this hell because I have never believed in such trash as spewed by religious doctrines and so it not a reality for me. In fact I feel sorry for all those poor soul that entrap themselves in these heavens and hells. I imagine there would be little difference between the two no matter where you end up locating yourself to if you make the choice to do so. If you are trapped in heaven is that any better than being trapped in hell? Your still trapped.

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 5:43pm

So both are self created. Both, feasibly, as full of bung as the other. Each belief, no truer than the other and only each, true to ourselves. When someone says they do not believe in the afterlife..I can except that. They don't need to, for it to be real. Just like if I was to say that I don't believe in a certain type of hell that they believe in. To them, it as real as the air they breath. To me,.. not real. That's not to say that I don't believe in God. I do. God has entered into my life when I needed that to happen the most. The presence was clear. But in my beliefs and with my God.. there is no hell... as all are forgiven for their beliefs of sins. From the worst to the best, all equal in Gods presence.
My God didn't promise Heaven eather. Just love and acceptance. No more, no less.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 6:11pm

You make some good points.

But even the notion of being "trapped" may be nothing more than the result of a belief system.  

It's true that the concept of retrievals (or rescues) has been around for many centuries, but that fact alone doesn't necessarily make it factual.

We all know that the ego is very powerful.  The last thing in the world the ego can accept is its own extinction.

So, what does the ego do?  It stands to reason that it would create a belief system, or many belief systems, which provide for its continuation after physical death.

The thing about animals is that they live in the moment.  They don't contemplate their death, at least as far as we know. But we humans spend a tremendous amount of time wondering and speculating and worrying about what happens when we die.

The ego simply won't let us live in the moment.  Try it sometime, it's not easy!

R

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 9:29pm

Yes, New Agers can't have it both ways.  If there is no hell and offensive hellish experiences like Wiese's are merely mental creations, then retrievals are surely nothing more than feel-good, do gooder fantasies and no souls are retrieved at all.  This inconsistency is just another reason why verifcations are so vital to the credibility of retrievals and alleged spiritual planes.

Don

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 10:29pm

Berserk2 wrote on Jun 23rd, 2009 at 9:29pm:
Yes, New Agers can't have it both ways.  If there is no hell and offensive hellish experiences like Wiese's are merely mental creations, then retrievals are surely nothing more than feel-good, do gooder fantasies and no souls are retrieved at all.

I disagree. 

I think they *could* both be imaginary, but one being imaginary has no bearing on the other being imaginary.  One could be real while the other is imaginary.

Hell could be real, while retrievals are just in someone's head, or the reverse.

I don't think it's all or nothing.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Jun 23rd, 2009 at 11:03pm

He was insane.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:28am

I hope you guys are right, he is not insane maybe he has a very morbid imagination, whatever it if truly, a much stated worse  nightmare I have had

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 11:55am

Hi Alan-

Well, we'll never know whether his experience represented an objective reality or a subjective belief system or maybe a disturbed mind.

I remember when Bruce gave his workshop here in VA and he talked about belief systems and how hard it is on people when their own personal belief system crashes.

Of course, as I already observed, his own teachings about the afterlife and retrievals is also a belief system.  

Don talks about the need for verification.  Problem is, I don't know of any documented experience that verifies the existence of the afterlife.  I doubt there ever will be one.

For instance, if I claim that the boiling point of water is 212 degrees F, anyone can verify that claim.

But if I claim that I visited the afterlife and retrieved Aunt Gladys, and that she told me something that I otherwise did not know and later found out to be true, that is intriguing but it is not verification of anything.

Why? Simply because I may have heard that particular thing she told me and had since forgotten it. Maybe there's only a 1% chance that I had previously heard what she told me, but nonetheless we can't discount that possibility.  Heck, if Aunt Gladys knew that particular fact about me, maybe my parents knew it also and had mentioned it years earlier and it was buried in my subconscious, only to re-emerge when I did the retrieval.

So what would constitute evidence that the afterlife exists?  Partnered explorations?  Perhaps.  But let's have a controlled experiment to ensure that the PE is carried out properly and that the participants did not engage in any kind of collusion ahead of time, even accidental.  Or that ESP was not the reason why their accounts were similar.

After all, if we can prove that the afterlife exists, that would be an earth shaking revelation for much of the world.  Why aren't there any controlled experiments involved PEs?  Or OBEs?  Seems relatively simple to set those up. You have to wonder why no one does these.... 

Instead of simply making all sorts of claims that can't be backed up, why not arrange to do something in a controlled environment, with independent observers?

Until we do so, this debate will go on and on, unresolved.

R

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 12:42pm

Controlled environment? Very good idea, but that might be a problem. The reason I very very rarely send or receive pm's here is because that is my choice. I don't want to be distracted by too much talk, too much personal influence on what I think or do.

The freedom to experiment with different kinds of meditation experiences, meaning, different methods, is very important to me. That being said, however, why not provide an idea for this forum for a 'more' controlled effort. What do you suggest? Lay it out. Why all the questions? Provide the experiment.

I find that people, in general, spend a lot of time trying to convince each other that their 'dreams' are more 'real' -- somehow more valid, more true -- than others' dreams. The minute someone is satisfied, someone else pops up with a new question.

I guess, what I wonder is, suppose we proved it, conclusively? Is that what is really really wanted? Do you want to know, for sure, without a doubt?

Does this world really want peace? Does this world really want absolute knowledge?

What I want may be important to me, but I don't assume it is important to everyone.

What if this world is simply a place created, naturally designed, to be a 'playground' where people can do all kinds of silly things, think all kinds of silly things, even hurt themselves quite badly by falling out of their swingset? I don't really know.

I just know that something very special is waiting on the other side.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2009 at 1:00pm

<<Why all the questions? >>

Well, we are born with an intellect for a reason. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.