Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Can the soul die or cease to exist? (Read 10847 times)
Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Can the soul die or cease to exist?
Reply #30 - May 24th, 2009 at 11:17pm

In order for consciousness to evolve it must be free to explore all possibilities/potentialities to find the ones that are beneficial to the entire system. This includes the possibility of annihilation.

We are totally free to evolve or de-evolve to the fullest extent either way. This is seen in the evolution of any system. The systems that are not profitable do not survive. The evolution of consciousness is no different. Whatever is not beneficial to the positive evolution of the system can become history, so to speak.

K

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2009 at 9:00am

Dude-

It's even more impossible to imagine a total state of Nothingness.  No planets, no universe, no Nothing.  Can't do it.

Kathy-

I admit I like your post but I have a question.....where did all of that information come from?  Is it based on things you've read over the years? Direct information, such as personal revelations?  Or is it mostly your own reasoning, maybe an amalgamation of various sources?

Just wondering. Whenever someone posts something as if were a settled fact, it prompts me ask this question.

R

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #32 - May 25th, 2009 at 4:20pm

Hi Roger,

I guess you could say what I post comes from all sources, but I speak from my own lifelong experience and understanding.

For example we all learned about evolution in high school science class (all aspects of science were my favorite subject in school and since then) so we know how all types of systems evolve. I and others have talked about intention for years and that is how consciousness evolves. In ELS consciousness, we evolve in valuable ways by overcoming and releasing fear. By doing so we cannot help but grow/evolve spiritually because that is how God consciousness has evolved and we are an inseparable, but limited stream of the One.

I've had many spiritual experiences/encounters, including several I've mentioned here over the years, that have shown me without a doubt our core essence is what we are and that there is no absolute separation of me from my total being. I have also been deeply connected to my core/total self for most of my life. Following my deepest longing to grow spiritually, to love deeply has enabled greater understanding from a place deep within me.

Having grown up as a Christian I must say Don's posts for the most part stand as verification of both my experience as well as my understanding. Yet I can understand the perspective of other groups as well. Searching for truth with discernment fleshes out absolute truth. Don's good at that as I'm sure you know.

There's a difference in awareness certainly because the ELS consciousness is purposely limited. I think the reason why physical realities exist is because they evolved out of consciousness in ways that make them useful to the evolution of the entire consciousness system. If they were not useful, they would die out/disappear from existence just as any other system would.

Many physicists discuss this, but the one that puts it all together in the most accurate way I've seen is Tom Campbell, whom I've mentioned a couple of times previously.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2009 at 3:49pm

Hi Kathy-

Don and I both found some profound truths in Lighted Passage.  An old book written in the 1940s by a minister, certainly not new age by any means but yet he clearly describes retrievals that he had performed for soldiers killed during WWII.  Thing is, book wasn't about retrievals at all, that came at the end almost as an afterthought.  Which for me just increased its credibility.

What I got out of it is that yes, we do survive death and that yes, we are far more than what we think.  As to more specific details, he didn't say, mainly because the source of his information-his deceased daughter-wasn't able to put into words the nature of her true Being. 

However, it seemed that at least one of her missions was to help deceased spirits find their way to the light and she clearly said that living humans were important helpers in that effort.

I'm far more concerned about whether I'll be able to best live the life I have rather than speculating as to what comes after.  I really think that's essentially a pointless exercise and ultimately a distraction from what's important in life.

I think the Golden Rule pretty much sums up all we need to know and do while physically alive. 

Saying that is easy, living up to it is damn tough.  PUL is great until someone cuts us off in traffic and then it becomes highly abstract.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:55pm

Hi again Roger,

Yes, I have been reading Don't thread. Hopefully he will have time to continue. Lighted Passage is one book I would like to read. Unfortunately it isn't available at any of our libraries. Too bad it's out of print.

Quote:
I'm far more concerned about whether I'll be able to best live the life I have rather than speculating as to what comes after.  I really think that's essentially a pointless exercise and ultimately a distraction from what's important in life.

I think the Golden Rule pretty much sums up all we need to know and do while physically alive.

I couldn't agree with you more. Life is about living, loving and maturing the quality of our inner core being. We don't need to be perfect especially in traffic.  Cheesy 
We just need to continually meet life with good intent... love, compassion and humility.

K

IP Logged

Rondele
Ex Member

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2009 at 6:43pm

Hi Kathy-

I sent you a pm.

R

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.