Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Please help me. Many questions. Very sad. (Read 5182 times)
royahauk887

Please help me. Many questions. Very sad.
Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:00pm

I used to be a Christian my whole life. My aunt died recently. I no longer believe in God. I consider myself agnostic. I also think that once we die, that's it. No afterlife, no nothing. I have some questions that people here might be able to answer.

1.) Is God real. By God I am tlaking about the Christian God described in the Bible. Do most people here, include Bruce, think God is real?

2.) If God isn't real, how does the afterlife exist? Wouldn't we need a creator to enter the spiritual world?

3.) Are people here Christians or non-christians. What do people here believe?

4.) When we enter the afterlife, can we come to earth and see what is going on here? My aunt  died, how can I talk to her and get a reply from her back??

5.) How do I know for sure the afterlife is real? Most people, including atheists, think it's fake and not real.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Please help me. Many questions. Very sad.
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 1:46pm

Hello royalhauk. Please see responses below in brackets.

I used to be a Christian my whole life. My aunt died recently. I no longer believe in God. I consider myself agnostic. I also think that once we die, that's it. No afterlife, no nothing. I have some questions that people here might be able to answer.

1.) Is God real. By God I am tlaking about the Christian God described in the Bible. Do most people here, include Bruce, think God is real?

[First of all, there isn't one viewpoint of what Christian God means. It is best that you come up with your own viewpoint, rather than what other people suggest.  I do recommend that what you come up with feels good in your heart. If it feels fearful and oppresive, you're probably off track. If you feel, peace, love and happiness, you're probably on track. My experiences of divine love felt wonderful, and there wasn't anything to be afraid of. God, in whatever manner he exists, I figure he wants you to feel free to find out for yourself, without having to worry about the fear based ideas created by other people. Your good intentions will lead the way.]

2.) If God isn't real, how does the afterlife exist? Wouldn't we need a creator to enter the spiritual world?

[I believe that the man Jesus existed and today he exists as a spirit of significant importance. I've had a number of spiritual experiences that involved Christ, and I still don't know what he's all about.  If you're interested in living according to love you don't have to worry, because you'll be on the same page as Christ. I don't believe he is interested in blind allegiance or being worshiped.  Rather, he loves us all dearly, and wants to see us find a way of being that enables us to be truly happy.  Nothing is more joyful than living according to love.]

4.) When we enter the afterlife, can we come to earth and see what is going on here? My aunt  died, how can I talk to her and get a reply from her back??

[I'm unable to provide a short answer for this question.]

5.) How do I know for sure the afterlife is real? Most people, including atheists, think it's fake and not real.

[The only way you'll know for certain is if you find a way to have some experiences that let you know.]
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2009 at 8:00pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 6:52pm

The feeling I get myself is that God is only real in the sense that all creation ultimately comes back to one single entity or consciousness or life or whatever you want to call it, which being the creator of all things would by best definition make him 'the god'. Thats my feeling on it anyway.

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 7:56pm

AH1976 wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 6:52pm:
The feeling I get myself is that God is only real in the sense that all creation ultimately comes back to one single entity or consciousness or life or whatever you want to call it, which being the creator of all things would by best definition make him 'the god'. Thats my feeling on it anyway.

That's about where I am these days.

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 8:32pm

royahauk887,

I think the most important think for you right now is not really to get the answer of those questions.  You rejected a strong belief (Christian) you had all your life.  That left emptiness in your consciousness and it caused a discomfort... The ease this anxiety you choose a new belief that is the opposite of your original one.   

The fact you are here asking those questions is that this new belief doesn't fit to you neither. 

In fact, you don't have to have a belief about the afterlife... You have to understand it, experience it by yourself.  Make you own proof, don't wait for someone to prove it to yourself... you'll wait for eternity!

How to do that?  Keep an open and skeptical mind.  Once you realize what happen in your consciousness, you'll be able to know what is God.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 10:53pm

Hi Royahauk,

In answer to your questions, I'll give you my best take.  Anyone who gives you absolute answers is full of hot air.

I believe from my experiences and investigations that God is real, but not in anthropomorphic form of a single person to be worshipped from afar.  I believe that God is the unity of all consciousness, and the source of love (what is known as pure unconditional love or PUL on this site).  I believe that much afterlife investigation suggests that our spirit either takes action to become more loving (closer to God), or less loving (moving further away).  Free will means we have the choice which way to go, but if we are self-concerned, and unloving, we tend to move away from God.  This is done by our focusing on our selfish beliefs and creating our own hellish planes.

The afterlife is consciousness continuing on, after the death of our physical body.  After your heart stops, if you are consciously aware of your surroundings, if you can think and perceive (as Descartes wrote about), then you are alive - whether you believed in an afterlife or not.  In many near death experiences (NDES) people who have been clinically dead (no pulse) report being conscious and out of their bodies, and at times accurately report conversations going on in the emergency room or hospital. 
My own thoughts are that God is the source of our being, and that while we do wake up on the other side conscious, it is not in an empty spiritual plane. 

People on this board, I find are of many different beliefs.  I am Jewish, but have tremendous respect for people of all faiths in this board. 

4.) When we enter the afterlife, can we come to earth and see what is going on here? My aunt  died, how can I talk to her and get a reply from her back??

Most reports on our life immediately after death suggests that the newly departed can observe occurrences on the earth plane - although they are not always able to communicate with loved ones.  Bruce teaches a method, the imagination method, to communicate with your loved ones without previous experience.  You can find a how to guide on this website.  It is worth trying.

Matthew

IP Logged

royahauk887

Reply #6 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 8:09am

DocM wrote on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 10:53pm:
4.) When we enter the afterlife, can we come to earth and see what is going on here? My aunt  died, how can I talk to her and get a reply from her back??

Most reports on our life immediately after death suggests that the newly departed can observe occurrences on the earth plane - although they are not always able to communicate with loved ones.  Bruce teaches a method, the imagination method, to communicate with your loved ones without previous experience.  You can find a how to guide on this website.  It is worth trying.

Matthew

Can you post a link for this guide? Also, I would be interested if Bruce could stop by an answer these quesitons

Also I want everyone to know I am very scared of dying. It just scares me so much. I think that once we die its over and nothing will ever happen again, and that worries me to think I will not exist anymore. This is my only chance to live and i'll never have another chance again. Sometimes I wish I was not born. Why couldn't I just never been born. Every morning I wake up and think about dying. It's depressing. I just think to myself "Wow, I am going to die someday, and it'll all be over". I cry about it too. I am 22 years old. Can anyone please comfort me and help me understand something waits after.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:27am

royahauk8873

1.) Is God real? By God I am tlaking about the Christian God described in the Bible. Do most people here, include Bruce, think God is real? (God is more real than even you are because you are just a fragment of him)

1.) Is God real. By God I am tlaking about the Christian God described in the Bible. Do most people here, include Bruce, think God is real? (Touch yourself, God is real as you are and like you he indeed exists, trust and love, God is God and does not belong to any religion)

2.) If God isn't real, how does the afterlife exist? Wouldn't we need a creator to enter the spiritual world? (You are a a part of God. so if you do not exist neither does god, do you exist?)

3.) Are people here Christians or non-christians. What do people here believe? (I am a Christian but not an exclusive fundamental Christian, I despise exclusivism in any form, but please don’t look at Christians in all the frailties. Think about the beautiful truths of Jesus; don’t stop loving Jesus and all he stands for))

5.) How do I know for sure the afterlife is real? Most people, including atheists, think it's fake and not real. (I have died flatlined, gone to the other side and know there is a beautiful afterlife and heaven is real and your aunt is there)

4.) When we enter the afterlife, can we come to earth and see what is going on here? My aunt  died, how can I talk to her and get a reply from her back?? (Your Aunt who you love so much is in heaven but is not separated from you, she can reach out and touch you, try to heighten your awareness and you will notice her presence)

Peace love and light

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 9:42am

Hi Royahauk,

Welcome to the board. If you look at the top of the page there are links to free articles, faqs, etc.
I was about your age when I started questioning my Christian upbringing. I think that is fairly common for people to do no matter how they've been raised. There simply comes a time in everyone's life when they stop and ask... is what I've been taught the truth? We all need to find our own answers. Help and support is always available, but each of us must find our own path leading to personal growth. In all circumstances that I know of personal/spiritual growth is all about releasing fear so the love that you are can up well and flow freely through your being.

Your optimum path is unique to you and your present state of being. Think of all the questioning you are doing right now as a wakeup call to get your attention. I can tell you without a doubt that I know the afterlife exists, but you must come to this conclusion on your own in order for your inner yearnings to be satisfied. Work on releasing the fear you are feeling, be strong and courageous, approaching all things with skeptical, but open minded curiosity, wonder and love. I promise you that if you will do that, you will find what you are looking for. Just remember to enjoy the journey.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

royahauk887

Reply #9 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:03pm

How can I find the answers out myself. I am  seriously scared of dying. I think about it everyday and I cry a lot thining about it. I cannot imagine that my life just ends and thats it. It is so scary to think about it. I need proof that life continues. If God is not real, that means the afterlife is not real, right? In order for a afterlife, there must be a god. And if afterlife is real, why do so many people like atheists believe that when we die thats it. I need to proof it so I can stop living in fear. Please help I beg

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #10 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:34pm

This might rattle a few cages, but we are all entitled to our opinions...

Christian God as described in the bible.....Not! Lets face it, it a story book written to control the masses through fear and intimidation. There is no such thing as an unforgiving, vengeful God. God yes, but not as exclusively described by the "Christians". Look inside your heart. That's where you are going to find the real God. Within yourself.
As there is a God.., question two needs no answer.
People here are curious. Many looking for answers. Some for direction. Some for control. I personally believe in the power of love. That includes love of God and of self and all that is.
When you enter the afterlife it could well be differant for you than others. Where you go. What you will do. What will be important for you personally. That can include hanging around earth. And yes you can communicate with your aunt. Talk is a differant thing. She has passed over and doesn't have that ability. Communication with her would best be tried via "non verbal communication". Send out a message of love to her and see what you get back. What comes to your mind?
I assure you that you will know everything you need to about the afterlife soon enough. But I also believe that your focus is better spent on the present and doing things that will make you happy in this life. Doing good things. Being a good person. Showing love and excepting love. That's how I believe you will finally get to understand what is in store for you in the afterlife. The other thing is that its important to make up your own mind about things. Just because I give you an answer to a question, or anyone here does, doesnt mean it correct or true. Its how we believe or feel. Good luck 887.
( on a differant note..don't worry, shes just fine)

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:55pm

Why are you so scared of dying? Are you afraid to go to sleep at night? I'm not. Are you afraid to wake up in the morning? Why?

What else are you afraid of? I think it's a really good idea to look at what you are afraid of. And then ask yourself, why are you so afraid?

To lose the fear is to become whole. But you are whole all along.

I know I am not answering these questions you have posed to the forum. But I find that 'life after death' is not as important to me as 'life before death' -- not anymore.

Have you been very ill before? And then gradually gotten better?

I think the afterlife is like that. It is a place of great gratitude, once you finally arrive.

My beliefs have taken a very long time to form. And yet, they are just as easily dropped in the presence of love. And that is what I believe the afterlife IS. Your home, your true home.

Maybe later, you'll start to recognize it, in your dreams, or in your meditations, or just in a moment of inspiration -- you'll catch a glimpse of this afterlife, and recognize this happiness, which is waiting there, waiting here...it is all inside of you, me, each of us. You'll get there. You are there.

royahauk887 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:03pm:
How can I find the answers out myself. I am  seriously scared of dying. I think about it everyday and I cry a lot thining about it. I cannot imagine that my life just ends and thats it. It is so scary to think about it. I need proof that life continues. If God is not real, that means the afterlife is not real, right? In order for a afterlife, there must be a god. And if afterlife is real, why do so many people like atheists believe that when we die thats it. I need to proof it so I can stop living in fear. Please help I beg

IP Logged

royahauk887

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 1:47pm

I am scared to die because I am afraid there is nothing waiting afterwards. I am not scared to sleep cause I know Ill wake up. There are many things in this life I love such as playing video games, computers, dating, etc. None of these are possible in the afterlife. Also, if there is an afterlife, who do I go as? The 20 year old me? the 40 year old me? The 80 year old me? Also, many people say the afterlife was made to keep people happy to believe somethign waits after. I find this has to be true..I mean, I believe nothing happens and it scares me...I WANT to believe something happens

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #13 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 2:37pm

Who says there are no such things as games, dating and love in the afterlife? You will choose how to present yourself. 20, 40, 80...all of these you would need a body for. Then I see you have decided that you will have a body over there. But will you? You have the body here, while you exist in the phyical. Over there, and in some areas you could "exist" as having a body.(?) But that is more of a projection than phyical.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #14 - Apr 23rd, 2009 at 3:17pm

If you can dream it it can happen in the afterlife. I'm not saying this is fact but I was trying to cut to the chase. I don't know anything therefore I don't "no' anything.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.