Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie Need Help! (Read 5075 times)
Lovechild

Houston, TX
Newbie Need Help!
Apr 14th, 2009 at 3:52pm

I'm sort of newbie here! Cheesy I need some feedback.

I've just finish listening to bruce moen's afterlife knowledge workshop cd!

For me, his methods is the simplest and the best out there! Period!

His methods work! What suprised me is that you could also use this for your own inner work, which is nice! Cheesy

The problem is...i don't know...It's not working! Either I'm not relax enough (self-conscious, which i doubt) or my own expectations getting in the way.

I've listened to the CD like 2-3 time

I did the methods to the letter 3-6 times and I'm not getting any results. Embarrassed

Should i just keep practicing the methods i've learn till getting it?

I'm sort of lost at this and somewhat discourage Embarrassed

Anyway, Thanks Bruce!

Your One Cool Dude! hehehe!  Cool

P.S.

I can't wait to go to Focus 27! Really! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Re: Newbie Need Help!
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Perhaps it might be better not to try so hard.Just see where your mind takes you. Write down what your experiences are and go from there. I find it not as easy to get to Focus 27 without having my mind clear and without external stimulation. My best starting point is from Focus 10, then work my way up. I have also heard it said that we are not all here to do retrievals. Some just are not proficient at it. I wish you well with your journey.
Joe

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 7:38pm

Maybe give it a whirl once not using the CDs but just winging it on your own from what you've learned.  See if you get any further along.  I'm only suggesting this to give your mind a chance to go it alone without expectation.  You may have inadvertantly set yourself to expect something while listening to the CD, so continuing to do it is only reinforcing an expectation.  Sometimes we get what we want when we aren't expecting it.

You are talking about the set of CDs that go with the Guidebook, right?  If so, how many of the CDs have you gone through? 

You might try continuing on forward through them even though you feel you haven't gotten anything yet.  And then try again to practice the techniques while not using a CD and see what happens. 

Good luck and don't give up!  When there's a will there's a way!

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2009 at 2:42am

Lovechild,

When you say it is not working I am wondering what "working" means in this context.  What are you expecting to happen, in what ways, that would mean to you that it is working?

Bruce

IP Logged

Lovechild

Houston, TX
Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 5:42am

Thanks for the suggestion guys!

It's one of those recorded workshops that bruce did, Vicky

Anyway...Bruce, i did all the things you taught me in the cd.

I don't know...i try not to expect anything. My attitude is, I'm open to the experience...any experience. Cheesy Plus i'm somewhat a seasoned meditator. I have no problem going into really deep trance.

Bruce, "Working" in my definition of changing my focus of attention from physical to nonphysical reality.

I did the whole process...

-Relaxation Breathing

-Breathing Energy (Lower)

-Breathing Energy (Upper)

-Remembering Love

-Intention

I guess i'm forgetting doing visualization part. I thought you just put your intentions then...."poof" you're there. hehe! Cheesy

Do i need to do the Visualization and activating the senses? Do i need to Imagine the Sights, Smell, of an Orange. You know all that stuff?

I'm just ramblin' here...I'm completely stumped on this!

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 9:06am

Greetings,

Some things that have helped some of us --

Smiley   eat less meat, more fruit and veggies
     Smiley  give up as much non-positive attitudes as possible; make PUL a more active force in your life
     Smiley  give yourself a physical inventory, and if you find pain or illness, try to find ways to ease that

Best wishes!  I hope you get some good results soon!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 8:48pm

It can begin very subtle. When I started with HemiSync some years ago I heard very quietly bird's singing, or my field of view (with closed eyelids) lit up, or thought I heard a voice, saw brief impressions of landscapes and such. (Remember Bruce wrote a helper can show up in virtually every form) All these little things can work as anchors for the next session, when you think of such a little occuring, it can bring you back to the corresponding consciousness state, so that you become faster and faster in moving between different consciousness states.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lovechild

Houston, TX
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 3:26am

Great tips betson! Simple but tough to follow especially for a guy who loves meat. Cheesy Anyway what the heck is a PUL? Huh

Interesting comments spooky2. I think i had one of those experience when i heard sounds or someone, felt heat in my chest and felt a preseence when i did "Tara Sutphen Akashic Records Meditations" and in my several attempts of going out of body!

And I think i had one spontaneous OBE's back when i'm experimenting with hemi-sync because when i woke after listening in a Delta Brainwave Entrainment...man...It felt like i was jolted back into my body.

I had another one when i was so tired from sleeping really late one time...my head was throbbing from exhaustion...It felt like i was floating out of my body then..."poof"...loss consciousness.

Those are my experience. The problem is...it felt like a dream.

Still ramblin'

Thanx for the feedback guys! Wink

-Lovechild

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 9:47am

Greetings Lovechild (not monk),

So you are using a variety of techniques or influences to go OB.
I'm not familiar with them, just with Bruce's. Recall, he emphasises the influence of Pure Unconditional Love --PUL Smiley-- as an underlying aspect of all consciousness/life. 

PUL really helped me overcome some fears I'd developed from having random OBs that to me were unexplainable and unexpected.

When you think of when a person feels most fully loved, perhaps back as an infant being held in a loving parent's arms, then the glow of PUL can return. Then try to hold that feeling as you meditate.  Smiley It's an energy common to reality that may be just the difference needed to propel you into other realms.

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 10:36pm

Hi Lovechild,
quote: "And I think i had one spontaneous OBE's back when i'm experimenting with hemi-sync because when i woke after listening in a Delta Brainwave Entrainment...man...It felt like i was jolted back into my body."
   Yes, I know that! It happened to me with a Focus 27 tape. It felt like I hit with light speed against concrete, or having a million volts electric shock  Cheesy !

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lovechild

Houston, TX
Reply #10 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 12:19am

Thanks Betson for the definition and helpful tips on PUL!  Cool

And spooky2...for real? Shocked

I guess that feeling of million volts jolting you is our neurology's natural reaction from our astral or etheric body going back to our physical body.

I guess i'm gonna soldier on and keep doing the work. Wish me luck!  Smiley

IP Logged

mojo_is_rising

Atlanta, GA
Reply #11 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 5:19pm

Hey Lovechild,

Just hang in there and try not to put more pressure on yourself when you listen to the CDs. I know first-hand that putting more pressure to 'have something happen' or 'make sure it is working' can defeat the whole process.

Stay positive in your thoughts about it and be open to the experience. Good Luck!

Hey Spooky: I would love to hear more about that Focus 27 tape... Can you share any more info about it?

Thanks,
MOJO Cheesy

IP Logged

nonphysicalguy

Floridaaaaa
Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 7:53pm

Quote:
His methods work!
The problem is....It's not working!

Hahaha Is this blatant contradiction humorous to anyone else? Sorry, I couldn't resist...

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2009 at 11:54pm

The mastery of prayer is an apt analogy.  Many people have petitioned God for healing over a long period of time with no apparent success.  The suddenly and without warning, the miracle occurs.  Powerful states of consciousness can't adequately be expressed in words. Methods and principles merely point the way to a range of conscious states that include the effective one.  Clearly Bruce's method can lead to paranormal information about the deceased.  The question is, is ths information actual contact recognized by the discarnate spirit? Or are our memories preserved in the collective unconscious to be tapped by the right meditative technique, but with no relevance to postmortem survival?  These alternatives can't be resolved theoretically.  Bruce's techniques, like other meditative and prayer techniques, must be practiced and fine-tuned to see whether improved results can ultimately be achieved and the right conscious state can be accidentally entered.  For this reason, none of my prior cross-examination of this site's retrieval results should be misconstrued as a red flag to discourage continuous practice. 

Don

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #14 - May 1st, 2009 at 9:42am

Hi, particularly to non-physical,

Re: the contradiction in  "His methods work!
The problem is....It's not working!"
I assumed he meant it's working -- abit/sometimes/ but not at the rate I'd like.

Sometimes you have to read words between the lines.  Cheesy

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.