Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Don't Knock It! (Read 2304 times)
Berserk2

Don't Knock It!
Mar 26th, 2009 at 11:45pm

Last night I had an odd experience which has recently been disrupting my sleep on a few nights.  I had a vivid dream of Janet an old girlfriend who committed suicide back in the late 1970s.  Then I was awakened by 3 loud knccks!  The knocks were so loud and so real that I almost bolted downstairs to see if there was some emergency or whther some prankster was trying to disturb my sleep.  But as I collected myself, I realized that the knocks came either from my badroom wall or my dream imagination.  I shared this experience with my friend Ken, an architect, and he expressed surprise because he and his wife Nancy had separately (not together) experienced the same phenomenon 3 or 4 times in the past year.  Nancy had in fact been terrified by the knocks.  To reassure her, Ken brushed them off as his ice machine shutting down.  But he confessed to me that this couldn't be the true explanation because these knocks were much louder than the thump of his ice machine.  In fact, the first time the knocks awakened him, he bolted downstairs, got his flashlight, and searched outdoors!  

I'd be interested to hear whether any of you have often had the same experience.  Loud knocks are of course a common manifestation of spirit activity, but until other manifestations accompany the knocks, I'm inclined to attribute them to my dream unconscious.  I'll keep you posted if I detect an emerging pattern such as recurring dreams of Janet.  I wish I had recorded the dreams that preceded the knocks because I've since forgotten them.

Don  

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Don't Knock It!
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 1:14pm

Don,

Yes, I've heard loud knocks as well as loud voices calling my name. Most of the time this seems to be related to someone trying to get my attention. Also perhaps to wake me at a certain point in a dream because the dream is significant to me for some reason.

Loud knocking is a fairly common occurance among many people that I've talked to.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 1:36pm

Recently, I have awoken to music going through my head, as if from a Radio.  I'm convinced that if it is not from my own consciousness, that whoever it is has a sense of humor - waking me up to "Monday morning" on a Monday, etc. 

Don, I would say that it may be hard for a loved one to get your alert attention in the dream state, and as such, a few raps that startled you like the "suprise symphony" from Haydn might have been in order.  Sort of a direct way to make you think about the contact instead of trifling with images and the dream state.

Matthew

IP Logged

moonsandjunes
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 2:19pm

Wonderful for you to have contact! It does seem like it would be a lot easier if they could just use the telephone....I've had what I consider 'poltergeist' types of events, just a few. It's a little spooky, but fun. Yes, I think that is the main thing, that you notice. It's very easy to brush these things aside.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 5:25pm

Hi Don

Yes, I've also had such knocks precede important contacts. 
Three seems relevant too. Please put in mind that you are
ready for further communication, to further open yourself
to such possibility.

Smiley Yay! Smiley

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 6:35pm

i have heard those 4 knocks,when i was very young,and nobody else  heard them.they used wake me up.i heard many times.george

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 8:57pm

I've had loud noises, too, mostly short yelling voices, murmuring or deep droning tones, always sounding like the source was very close to my ears, very real, but I could tell it wasn't physical, as I go to bed with earplugs. These occurings did mostly happen at the edge of the dreamstate. I couldn't find a pattern or meaning behind this, though, except that it happened a few days in a row, and then stopped.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.