Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What are these vibrations I keep reading about? (Read 2418 times)
Mark Andrew

Indiana
What are these vibrations I keep reading about?
Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:58pm

Hi everyone!

In late January/early February of this year I began my spiritual journey out of agnosticism, and have begun reading various books on mediums, the afterlife, God, angels, ADCs, NDEs, and OBEs.

In what is personally a leap of faith, after discovering this site and other information, I have ordered the book and audio and video from Mr. Moen (I ordered it two days ago so I'm hoping I have it within a week or so) and I intend to take it quite seriously as I practice what he teaches.  My hope is that I can finally have an experience for myself (other than one that I believe came from God) to strengthen my budding beliefs in these wonderful areas.

One thing I have read from people on this board, from mediums, and I'm drawing a blank but I think someplace else as well, is the discussion of an individual's vibrations.  Or a spirit's/soul's vibrations.

I don't understand that concept yet, and I'm hoping some of you can help clear it up/spell it out for me.

When I see or hear the word, "vibration," I think of either a string that is vibrating, or perhaps an object or person shaking rapidly in a contained amount of space.

I've failed to make the connection between my concept of vibrations and the vibrations I keep seeing references to in having to do with our eternal essence/soul/consciousness/etc.

Do souls/spirits/consciousnesses literally vibrate?  I hear often that they allegedly have a "higher" vibration than we physical people do.  What does that really mean, exactly?

Do any of you have any first hand experiences with sensing the vibrations of someone else or someone on the other side?

Any and all information is appreciated very much!  Thanks!

I'm thrilled to have found an active forum on these topics so that I can finally ask questions to people who won't think I'm a fool for believing (skeptics/atheists) or some kind of heretic for not strictly conforming (conservative religious people).

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: What are these vibrations I keep reading about?
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:07pm

Hello Mark:

I figure energy vibrates in different ways according to how it's composed.  Why energy vibrates, I don't know. Whatever the case, the fact of how it does vibrate has created a way for this universe both physical and non-physical (not really separate) to be highly functional.

Objects of a similar vibratory rate get attracted to each other.  If we want to travel somewhere while making use of a body, we do so physically.  When we are spirits we don't travel in the same way. Instead, we get attracted to the vibratory rate that most closely matches our vibratory rate. Mental intent can also meet this need, but even then a spirit with a slow vibratory rate would have a hard time traveling to a spirit realm with a high vibratory rate. Mental intent is partially a matter of creating an energy field that causes us to resonate with the place (or should I say "energy level") we want to travel too.

If we aren't open to experiencing love, we'll have a hard time to creating an energy field that enables us to connect to an energetic level that includes love. If we create angry thoughts, we'll end up at an energetic level that has thoughts and emotional energy with a similar energetic level.

Even when we make use of a body we can connect to diffferent energy levels; however, this isn't as apparent as when we exist as spirit beings. I've noticed that the more I've grown spiritually, the more my vibratory rate has increased.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 10:09am

Hi

I agree with all that Recoverer said.

Somone else once pointed out that when we first meet someone we often have 'a direct response' to them, either attraction or aversion. That would be an example of meeting some at your own or a higher rate (attraction) or someone at a lower rate (aversion.) That's in the physical  and  in non-physical realms.

Another way the word 'vibration' is used is for actual sensations that immediately precede going out of body, more like the musical string you mentionned.  Shocked When the subtle bodies are trying to loosen from the physical so that you can move into the afterlife, you may feel this for the first time and be startled enough that you jerk and cause it to stop. but you just have to get used to it.
Like driving over a bridge in the mid 1900's there was a vibration because the bridge floor was a grate. But you couldn't be startled because you knew you had to get to the other side!  Cheesy

Bruce's way suggests using imagination as the doorway and not getting so involved in changing bodies.  I try to do it his way but sometimes the subtle bodies just want their freedom, apparently.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #3 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 5:44pm

recoverer and betson,

Thank you for your replies.

Would either of you (or anyone else reading, please join in) say that the vibration of another soul/spirit actually feels like it is vibrating?  Like (for lack of a better term) a "buzzing" of some kind?

Would the beings with a higher/faster vibration have a more intense sensation (a stronger "buzz") than those who have a lower/slower vibration?

I guess what I'm asking is how would you describe what it feels like?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:19pm

Hi Mark Andrew,

It's hard to know exactly because no one really knows where ou're at, vibrational level -wise  Smiley.  It's probably really none of our business.

I gave the example of driving over a bridge that has an open iron grate for its roadway. That vibration is really too slow to be exactly like a soul you would meet. Your example of a plucked string is good though. The finer /higher vibrations you will probably feel partly as magnetism. Finer higher vibrations come from love so there is nothing to fear from them.

If you are having some sort of fearful or extended vibrations or shaking, that might better be dealt with by a doctor.  ?
You are welcome to PM anyone here who's shown interest in this topic and ask them more specific questions.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 11:42pm

Hi Mark,
I think I understand what you mean; the confusion begins when one starts to make a scientific-sounding theory about different consciousness states and vibrational rates, as then the scientific mind immediately would ask "What is vibrating? Matter waves? Electromagnetic waves?" but there is no scientific explanation behind this way of talking, so I always take it as a metaphor, which has it's merits when you think of radio stations you can tune in, as a metaphor of different states of awareness, or consciousness-"places" you can tune in. Or think of harmony in music or colors. As well, there are these sensations of bodily vibrations, often accompanying spiritual practices, and as a epi-phaemomenon of beginning OBEs.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 11:03am

spooky2 wrote on Mar 20th, 2009 at 11:42pm:
Hi Mark,
I think I understand what you mean; the confusion begins when one starts to make a scientific-sounding theory about different consciousness states and vibrational rates, as then the scientific mind immediately would ask "What is vibrating? Matter waves? Electromagnetic waves?" but there is no scientific explanation behind this way of talking, so I always take it as a metaphor, which has it's merits when you think of radio stations you can tune in, as a metaphor of different states of awareness, or consciousness-"places" you can tune in. Or think of harmony in music or colors. As well, there are these sensations of bodily vibrations, often accompanying spiritual practices, and as a epi-phaemomenon of beginning OBEs.

Spooky

I think I understand.  So when people say different spirits/souls/consciousness have different vibrations, they mean that in the same way you could alternatively say, "they have different radio frequencies."  Meaning of course they are not radio waves and of course you can't literally go get an AM/FM radio and find them, but it explains that there are different levels and that they don't all share the exact same "frequency".  Am I understanding that correctly?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 10:17pm

Yes, that's what I make of that talking about frequencies. Some may take it more literally, like there is a sort of "matter" / "ether" vibrating, but that's too much guessing for my taste.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.