Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A very open letter to all of you, please read. (Read 6396 times)
seeking_answers

A very open letter to all of you, please read.
Mar 19th, 2009 at 1:52am

Hello guys,

My name is Jai and i am a hindu from india. i am here like many others seeking knowledge and help regarding the "after life" i went through the ENTIRE message board reading messages from a lot of members who seemed wise in their thoughts.

i am looking to believe and as my screen name suggests i am looking for answers. i would BEG u to reply with ur insights even though u may seem "oh this is such a dumb question!".

After life -  ok after life. what is the after life....from what i have seen on the board, it seems like a fairy land..where u get what u desire...do wat u want etc. Now isnt tht a bit too far fetched???...i mean look around us, we are neck deep in problems created by us alone, and we believe tht after life wud be a holiday...albeit a permanent one? why wud god..or some other force give us tht? why cant this be a sugar coated pill to help use die a bit easily...u know so the entire world doesnt get into a panic frenzy like i am Shocked

Travels to and from afterlife - i have read ppl posting tht they went to the afterlife to for retrievals...visits etc and that they had visits from people who told them they r fine. how can this not be a hallucination? mind as we know it is a master illusionist, and we can imagine anything possible...i mean look how far have we evolved!.

Purpose of life - what is the purpose of life if eventually we all are going to be blessed with eternal peace with our loved ones, why do we slog to make our ends meet in this world? and wat when one day this earth ends? i mean meteorite hit....sun engulfing or even tht 2012 thing? what happens then?

Western world's fear of death - i am sorry if i may seem racist here but over the years the western world esp the americans see death as an enemy ex- "she lost her battle with cancer" "he won his fight with so and so disease". having said this i dont say ppl r scared...but this all after life thing could be a way to calm them down...more so to give them a sense of hope tht no...u will survive!.

OBEs etc - people claim to have had OBEs etc and NDEs. i frankly cannot talk about NDEs coz i havent read about em which i will.
but OBE...how can u move out of ur body unless ur dead!...i believed if a soul leaves a body the person is dead.

logically after life shouldnt exist because it serves no purpose, but i am secretly wishing it would.

many people claim to have been contacted by their loved ones, but no one can guarentee tht we meet them after we die, thats kind of weird isnt it? more importantly, how come no one who is visited by their loved ones can say with belief how after life looks.

my second last point is, people some times post that after u leave this world n go to the after life  u can live with ur loved ones for ever, then someone stands up and says no u have to reincarnate!...and a third one says no! u can choose so. please someone clear it up for me and other seekers.
and why hasnt anything after the after life been remotly proven?

LADIES AND GENTLE MEN I AM SORRY FOR BEIN SO BLUNT IN THIS LETTER BUT I AM ACTUALLY IN A DEPRESSED STATE AND AM SEEKING ANSWERS.
I UNDERSTAND SOME QUESTIONS MAY SEEM SO BORING AND ILLOGICAL BUT TO ME THEY R LITTERALY LIFE SAVING.

Bruce i would be very grateful to you if u could share some light on this letter...really i would be, and how come u never keep a workshop in india?

in the end, please dont just visit n wander off...please reply...Juditha...Alan....DocM..Cat...all of you, please be an angel to me Embarrassed

Bless u all.

Jai.

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Re: A very open letter to all of you, please read.
Reply #1 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:01am

one more question i wanted to add....do we remember everything of this life once we move to the After life...IF it exists.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:00am

Hi Jai Even though you have read many things of the afterlife on here,we can only tell you of what we know of its exisistence as many of us on here have had our own experiences,you are one of Gods children and we are all connected in this world by the inner loving spirit of God within us.

Your life will be filled with obstacles along your pathway you walk on this earth plain,my dad promised me to show me a sign after he died that the spirit does go on,a week after he died ,i saw this red mist all around my bedroom and i sensed him and this medium told me that he had surrounded me with this red energy,as a week before he died i was very ill as well and my dad had tryed to give me this energy,also i have seen his spirit sometimes,because he loves me and has never truly left my side.

This does not mean that his spirit roams the earth plain,its just that dad's in a beautiful place being the spiritworld but he has the best of both worlds now because he can see me and can visit me from there anytime he feels he wants to.

I know its hard to take in Jai,and you want to beleive in this but as you live your life,you will gradually be able to understand more and more of the existence of the afterlife and that the spirit moves on.

Love and God bless    love juditha

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:56am

Greetings Jai,

Welcome!  It is very excitig to have a person of Hindu faith here because most of us are operating within the belief systems we grew up with, and many of us have been influenced by Christianity, whether we want to accept it fully or not.

Much of the literature of OBing has come to us from the Sanscrit language.  I thought that was the same culture as Hindu? Do they not teach you the mystical aspects of your faith anymore? They were first to experience leaving the body!  Bruce's teaching is very much in line with mystical traditions although he explains without the big ancient words and  the fearsome gods/spirits.

Our consciousness is limited by our beliefs. Open our minds and new possibilities exist.
The basis of Bruce's success and that of his students is a belief in PUL -- Pure Unconditional Love. When you can feel that you can travel into spiritual realms without fear.
Most of Bruce's successful students go on with their explorations of the afterlife realms; very few stay here to discuss it.  So you are reading here many opinions by people who have not tried his techniques. Reading his books would get you to the quickest learning here.

I've never had an NDE although their experiences are familiar as more dramatic emphatic encounters with what we  also cna meet while OBing (rarely.)

This is just some background info to your very valid questions, Jai.
I iexpect we'll try to get more specific as this thread develops. Your questions have to do with ultimate realities and are not taken lightly or answered easily.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 12:09pm

Hi Jai and welcome!

You ask very good questions. Please don’t ever feel uncomfortable about asking questions. We all need to ask them, get input and then with an open but skeptical mind do a careful evaluation of our own subjective experience to understand what lies beyond the physical reality we participate in.

In my opinion there are two premises upon which all life exists: consciousness and evolution. Probably the most difficult for all of us to understand is the idea that we are consciousness. Out of what may be called the void, primordial unstructured consciousness evolved into what we might describe as a structured, self aware, omniscient, brilliant love consciousness of which each of us are an individualized unit of consciousness. Within this immense love consciousness that many refer to as God, the Great Spirit, the One, etc. exists each of us. We are like individualized worker bees within the One Consciousness that goes about the business of aiding the One Consciousness in it’s evolution by our learning to mature and grow spiritually to BE love, which in turn lowers the entropy of the whole system thereby raising the quality of not only our personal consciousness, but that of the entire system as well.

The error we make is that we don’t understand the bigger picture and realize that everything that exists are metaphors of consciousness and it is consciousness that creates all that exists. Our physical world has evolved out of consciousness not the other way around. We are like a hologram projected from consciousness. In this sense we, and the physical world are an illusion. The only part of us that is not an illusion is our inner core being… our personal consciousness that is never separated from the larger system or what I usually call God.

The “afterlife” or “nonphysical” exists as consciousness in the same way that the “physical” exists as consciousness. There are different laws and rules governing each of these but this is what gives us all of the possibilities, potentialities to evolve individually as well as the whole of consciousness.

If you think about all of the possibilities within consciousness and the immensity of it, you can imagine all of the metaphors that have evolved within consciousness by all of the worker bees that have ever existed in physical realities, non-physical realties and any other reality unknown to us. This is how we get all sorts of dogmas, belief systems, descriptions of our individualized experiences, etc. Whenever someone describes an experience they’ve had they are using metaphors to describe the experience. Something that may seem very real to one person seems like a hallucination or imaginary to another person. This is because that person may not have had the same experience or would use different metaphors to describe the experience. As you mention, we can imagine anything and the reason for this is because of all the possibilities that exist within all of consciousness.

The non-physical (afterlife) exists. It is the system from which physical reality evolves. Yet all of the ways we have to describe any reality are by the use of metaphors. Light, dark, the void, even energy are all metaphors of consciousness.

Hope this helps.  Smiley

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

knight

india
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 12:25pm

Thats a very nice reply there Kathy, but the point i would like to make is, after we walk out of this life, do we get to meet our loved ones n  live in "eternal peace" as Seeking answers asked? or everything turns to a big zero the moment we die, i mean if its all a big zero...scratch...we dont remember anyone or anything, well then nothing matters..? Shocked

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 1:15pm

Hi Knight,

Anything I might say about my experiences are metaphors of my personal consciousness. For me personally, yes we do meet loved ones after our consciousness shifts from physical reality to non-physical reality. I don’t doubt this because I have many experiences that prove this to me personally such as hearing the voice of a loved one calling out to a person that is ready to transition.

Do we live forever in “eternal peace” can mean many things but consider this: Eternal peace always exists within you, me and everyone else at our inner core being. “Be still and know that you are God” Remember I said earlier God Consciousness has evolved into a brilliant love consciousness being. This is also the very core of our inner being.

If you do not currently meditate, I highly recommend trying it. At first make it your goal to simply float around within your own consciousness, the core of your being, and then use your intent to think and ask questions. Not questions that is important to your ego, but questions that are important to improve the quality of your consciousness, which also improves the quality of your being. You can also use your intent to explore non-physical reality. It is teaming with life in even more variety than physical reality.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:05pm

Hello I am seeking:

It is good that you are skeptical. There are so many sources that report what it's all about without really knowing.

I'm certain about the afterlife because I've had numerous experiences that have prooved to me that it does exist.  Some of these experiences occured in a manner where I was certain about what I was experiencing and understanding. I've had experiences where I was able to confirm information I received non-physically later on. There is also the matter of how all of the dots connect together when I look at the entire picture. There is also the matter of how my life has changed for the better after making contact with my higher self/spirit guidance. Limiting thought patterns have gone way, physical problems have gone away, my spirit energy level has increased in a very noticeable way, and the amount of love and peace I experience has increased.

The only thing we can do in order to have our own verifications, is to step forward and find ways to have them. The best way to do so is to grow in love by letting go of limiting belief systems, prejudices, fear based thought patterns, guilt, anger related issues, issues that relate to when we have been hurt, compulsions, and the unwilligness to see that we are more than a physical body. Sometimes we don't want to do the later because we are afraid of being in contact with the spirit World.  We don't want to become conscious of the bad guys. Since it is up to us to decide whether we want to live according to love and light and nobody else (even though light beings can help us tremendously), there is no need for concern.

Regarding NDEs, ask your self if some of what people experience during NDEs could be created by minds that haven't had such extreme experiences while in a physical body.  Also google "near death experience" and "blind" so you can find that people who have been blind all their life, have been able to see very clearly during near death experiences.

There is another thing I have become certain about. An absolutely wonderful future awaits us. The more we choose to live according to love, the quicker we'll get there.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 2:06pm

I like Kathy's worker bee comment. Smiley

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 4:15pm

Greetings all again!

Thanks for your replies,

Juditha : I was so touched by reading your response, and all the posts that you have left, sometimes I feel  you are Christ’s lil helper here. Have you ever visited a medium and interacted with your father? Would you with conviction and not pure love for your father? I asked you because a). many mediums have been proven to be hoax’s  and b). sometimes, not sometimes infact many times emotions cloud the  mind to think, your emotions for your father could have clouded your thoughts to think IF it wasn’t so? I am extremely sorry if I have offended you but that wasn’t my intention, but mediums are not known in the part of the world I come from. Your answer would increase my knowledge.

Bets : that’s exactly what I was talking about when I asked if my afterlife would only exist if I believed in one particular name…be it Jesus…Allah or a hindu deity. Like for example, I spoke to a colleague of mine who’s father is a Pastor, according to him an after life does exist if one believes in Jesus Christ, and bows before him. I can appreciate the fact that he believes in his religion but the condition that  the door to afterlife would only be unlocked if I believed in Jesus is kind of …well..unfair?...God cannot lay conditions, because…he is god!
About OBing being a part of Hinduism, I am not aware of that, pardon me. But if we apply simple logic to it, wouldn’t you say that OBE would also amount to theoretical death as the soul DOES leave the body for how ever long it may be.

Lights of Love : thanks a lot for appreciating my questions, I honestly had to read your post 4-5 times to understand it. Having said that, I don’t mean it made no sense, but was a bit too heavy for my brain to process, but yes you have made good points. But being a hindu and not a smart one at that, a lot of what you said sounded quite big for me.

As for the point made by knight, I kind of relate to it, and do agree with you  Kathy that yes Meditation is a powerful tool, we call it Yog or yoga, and concentrating is called “dhyaan”. I am planning to start it too! But yes, I am a family man…I always look forward to meeting my family at the end of a long day! For me my life begins with my family and ends with it. Having said that I don’t mean nothing else exists. I fear god, not one god but one divine force that is, and apply humanity before interacting with any living being so as not to offend his/her/its existence.
So Kathy if I expect to stay with my family in the afterlife without having to reincarnate or  anything like that. Would that be too much to ask? Because that’s what I wish to do, I don’t care if I have to sit in a corner or a land with them.

Recoverer: I found your reply really good, my heartiest dhanyavaad! ( thank you in hindi). Now when you talk about letting go of belief systems etc, does my  love for my family come into one of the things?
And what do you mean when you say
“There is another thing I have become certain about. An absolutely wonderful future awaits us. The more we choose to live according to love, the quicker we'll get there.”

What have you learnt?

I am grateful for your replies and am waiting to hear from you guys soon Smiley

Regards,

Jai.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 4:49pm

Seeking answers asked: Recoverer: I found your reply really good, my heartiest dhanyavaad! ( thank you in hindi). Now when you talk about letting go of belief systems etc, does my  love for my family come into one of the things?
And what do you mean when you say
“There is another thing I have become certain about. An absolutely wonderful future awaits us. The more we choose to live according to love, the quicker we'll get there.”

What have you learnt?

Recoverer responds: "NO, I don't believe that you have to stop loving your family. Not at all. Love is what it's all about, or at least ways mostly about. Perhaps there is also things like happiness, peace, beauty etc. Smiley

Regarding an absolutely wonderful future awaiting us, I've had a number of experiences that have made this point. Also, the sources I've read that seem most trustworthy also make this point.

It would take too long to share all of my experiences, so I'll share a couple.

Years ago I had what I refer to as my night in heaven experience. In the middle of the night I found myself in space (not physical space). I didn't see Christ nor was I told about him, but I was in contact with this very definite knowledge that he did indeed exist as the man Jesus, and he plays a big part in the spiritual welfare of mankind. I couldn't tell you all of the details. This surprised me, because at the time I was basically an atheist. I was able to experience my regular way of thinking and an automatic knowing at the same time. The automatic knowing was clearly correct. There was nothing repressive about this. It is unfortunate that some people have represented Christ as if he is some sort of repressor.

Next, without really moving anywhere, I experienced this light realm that had an absolutely wonderful level of happiness. The fullfillment we seek throughout our lives was completely there. I didn't see nor hear anybody, but I understood that many other souls were within this realm. I didn't have something that was like a body. I understand that everything works out wonderfully in the end. I understood that this is what our existence is actually about. Not our life here in the World. I understood how all of this was possible, without having to think about it. It was just simply known. It was like, "Oh, yeah." It was such a relief.

At the end of the experience I saw a bright star flash. I believed that this star represented Christ. When the experience came to an end I was very dissapointed to be back in this World.

Below is a recent experience:

It started out as a dream. I won't go into the details, but the dream was about how different people/souls find their way back to God/source/whatever name you use.  At the end of the dream there was this little island where people/souls celebrated because we had all found our way back to our spiritual home. Stretching out from this island, it is hard to explain,  energy stretched into space into this large energy field and I could feel our divine future coming from within this energy field.  This energy field, I don't know how to describe it, contained all of the beauty, happiness, peace, joy and love we all seek.  I remember seeing it as white light with purple within it.

IP Logged

seeking_answers

Reply #11 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Recoverer i was just thinking of all sorts of crazy ideas and this came into my mind,

what if we were some kind of Lab creations by some advanced alien civilization, and were left on this planet to just multiply and die out"

regards

Jai

Oh one more thing about After life,

one of the most advanced civilizations of its time...the Egyptians also believed in tht thing, now such an advanced civilization to have believed in this concept would be interesting eh? Wink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 5:08pm

Seeking answers:

The below is true for Republicans, but not Democrats. Just kidding. Smiley

seeking_answers wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 5:00pm:
Recoverer i was just thinking of all sorts of crazy ideas and this came into my mind,

what if we were some kind of Lab creations by some advanced alien civilization, and were left on this planet to just multiply and die out"

regards

Jai

Oh one more thing about After life,

one of the most advanced civilizations of its time...the Egyptians also believed in tht thing, now such an advanced civilization to have believed in this concept would be interesting eh? Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 7:45pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #13 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 5:32pm

Quote:
a lot of what you said sounded quite big

Yes it is big. Shocked All of consciousness is huge. Consider all of the thoughts that have been thought of, all of the ideas that have been manifested… and on and on. But that is why we have so much variety and individualism in the physical as well as in the non-physical. Think big and ask big questions! Try your hardest to see the BIG PICTURE rather than only what can be found in physical reality. Meditation will help you to understand the big picture and provide you with a lot of other benefits, too.
Quote:
So Kathy if I expect to stay with my family in the afterlife without having to reincarnate or  anything like that. Would that be too much to ask?

One of the most wonderful aspects of consciousness is that free will choice is intrinsic. You are free to choose whatever you wish. If your choice is not beneficial to your growth and the growth of the whole system, others may encourage you to make a different choice, however you are completely free to make your own choices whatever they may be.

If we work to choose love rather than fear we cannot help but grow spiritually. Wink

Much heartfelt love to you and yours.
Kathy

IP Logged

Petrus

Reply #14 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 7:24am

seeking_answers wrote on Mar 19th, 2009 at 1:52am:
i mean look around us, we are neck deep in problems created by us alone, and we believe tht after life wud be a holiday...albeit a permanent one?

Hey Jai,
It's interesting that you mention being Hindu.  I'm not ethnic Indian, but I will confess that I do love Kali Ma; she has been very good to me. Smiley

As for the Afterlife being a holiday, I don't believe it is.  In terms of why we're here, I basically see us existing (both here and in astral space) in order to learn.

It's actually easier for us to do that in physical reality in some ways, because in physical reality, everyone is jumbled in together, irrespective of what our beliefs or interests are, or how we think.  In astral space, on the other hand, different people (with different beliefs) exist in different groups and constructs, so it's very difficult there to learn from anyone who thinks differently to you.

As far as the current world's problems are concerned, they're largely because a lot of things in the world right now (IMHO anywayz) aren't operating the way they should be.  We have some bad governments, and they're preventing us from solving problems we need to solve. 

We already have the technology to fix the environment and do some other things which need doing, but the governments won't let us use it, and often kill anyone who tries.

Quote:
why wud god..or some other force give us tht? why cant this be a sugar coated pill to help use die a bit easily.

Astral space (my own name for what others here might refer to as the Afterlife, simply because IMHO, the Afterlife isn't the only thing that's there) isn't always a nice place.

Have you seen the film The Matrix before?  If so, you might remember the karate dojo construct they were in.  Astral space contains a lot of different environments like that.  In that sense, they're virtual in almost the same way the Matrix was, from the point of view that they're not physically solid, and when you're there, you can violate physical laws like gravity, in order to fly, and do various other things.

Some of those places are the Heavens of all the different religions; beautiful, shining places, where people are very peaceful and happy.  Others are the Hells; terrible realms of torture and suffering.  They all exist.

I've been to places before where people were walking along talking to me, and I was actually flying next to them at the same pace they walked, simply because while projecting, I enjoy flight a lot more. Wink

Quote:
Travels to and from afterlife - i have read ppl posting tht they went to the afterlife to for retrievals...visits etc and that they had visits from people who told them they r fine. how can this not be a hallucination?

The only way you'll be able to figure this out, is if while you're seeing them, you get some information from them that you didn't know before, which you're able to verify later.

When my grandfather visited me, for example, he was driving a grey convertible.  I hadn't previously known that he owned a convertible, although I didn't know that he had an expensive car.  When I asked my grandmother, who's still alive, she told me he had a convertible.

There was another time when I was visited by Jay Van Andel, one of the co-founders of Amway.  I hadn't actually seen him before, but when I looked up a photo later, I was able to verify that that was who I'd seen.

A third case was when I saw the Islamic heaven construct, and described it on here.  Someone else wrote back and said that Emmanuel Swedenborg, a projector from several hundred years ago, described the Islamic heaven in exactly the same way.

Once you get things like that happen, which are independently verifiable, you'll know you're not just dreaming or making it up.  You will also at times see amazing things which you will know are completely beyond your own imagination's ability to produce, as well.

Quote:
Why do we slog to make our ends meet in this world?

This is happening because we've basically got a very small group of people at the moment, who are holding most of the rest of the planet's population hostage.  I think we possibly are going to be able to break free of their control of us, but it is going to be difficult for a while.  They are going to get more and more desperate to keep their control of us, and will progressively do worse things, as we get more control of our lives back from them.

Quote:
but this all after life thing could be a way to calm them down...more so to give them a sense of hope tht no...u will survive!.

That's true, and generally people who've done retrievals or had Near Death Experiences have less fear.  I'm still afraid of the pain involved wile dying, and the loss of self, etc...but not loss of total existence.

Quote:
but OBE...how can u move out of ur body unless ur dead!...i believed if a soul leaves a body the person is dead.

It's possible to project while alive, although an easier thing (not always) to do is just using your astral senses while you remain in your body.

I believe to a degree it's also possible to have dual presence, as well; I've done retrievals before while sitting in front of the computer, or even taking out the rubbish, believe it or not.  The thing to realise is that you don't actually go anywhere physically.  It's like changing the channel on a TV set, so you can interact with that environment.

Quote:
logically after life shouldnt exist because it serves no purpose, but i am secretly wishing it would.

Astral space serves a lot of different purposes.  People do scientific research and artistic creation there, and the insights they have while alive can either come from remembering what they did there in that area, or from contact with other people they had while asleep.

Then there's the Akashic records, the elemental planes, etc...lots of stuff.

many people claim to have been contacted by their loved ones, but no one can guarentee tht we meet them after we die, thats kind of weird isnt it? more importantly, how come no one who is visited by their loved ones can say with belief how after life looks.

Quote:
and why hasnt anything after the after life been remotly proven?

There was an experiment done in the late 1800s, called the Michelson-Morely experiment, where two scientists were trying to detect the existence of the aether, or Akash, the material astral space is made of.

They did get a positive result, but it was so small that other scientists thought it was simply a random failure of the instruments; and so science stopped believing in the possibility of astral space after that.  The experiment has been repeated a number of times, and the scientists get results, but they are always extremely small.

Einstein however later said that his general theory of relativity would be, "unthinkable," without the aether's existence.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.