Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Retievals why are we needed to help? (Read 10048 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Retievals why are we needed to help?
Reply #30 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:56am

Hi Don, you have chosen the wrong method of afterlife contact to ask for "proof" from on a regular basis - as you yourself have surmised.  This does not, however invalidate Bruce's "imagination method."   But if I start imagining a conversation with a deceased loved one, and then imagine a helper coming and then i introduce them, I must start by making up some of the conversation.  So, its clear that these retrievals start out as fictitious imaginings.  But if one is relaxed and sincere, sometimes, the conversation will come back with responses that were unlikely to have been preset by our own minds.  Then the fun begins.

The premise is that stuck souls are still oriented in their thoughts to our plane only; that a helper in a higher plane of consciousness can't easily get their attention, but we can - for we incarnate humans are located exactly where the stuck souls have their thoughts so tightly focused.  With this reasoning, it makes all the sense in the world why we living people would be needed to rescue stuck souls.  Helpers may not be able to get their attention. 

The imagination method has strengths and weaknesses.  Its strengths include a method that any sincere person can learn, and that if carried through, the goal of getting through to the stuck soul may have worked, whether the person on earth got feedback or not.  Its weaknesses include the possibility of fooling ourselves with our own creative script writing.  This leads to a lack of factual evidence.  A pretend conversation that may become real does not lend itself to be put under the withering factual gaze of absolute verifiable proof.  Bruce has gotten his own verifications with information which could be garnered from no other living source.  He encourages us to explore on our own to get our own personal verifications.

Your request for verifiable proof would best be posed to mediums who claim to have frank and open conversations with the deceased without the use of imagination to get things going. 

I suspect that if the afterlife is real, as it appears, then there is a preset divine purpose(agreed to by a common consciousness) to the difficulty in communication between them and us.  Bruce likened it to spoiling the end of a movie for someone.  Would most people take life and death seriously if we knew with certainty that there was an afterlife? Would we have the same purpose in living, achieving goals on the earth plane? People on this board may, it could potentially be like Don said - equivalent to curing cancer but others might not play the game of life.  Shakespeare said that contemplating death gives every man pause.  "Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all." This goads us into living out our earthly existence in earnest.

Matthew

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #31 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 12:47pm

When it comes to the retrievels I've done in a way similar to what Bruce Moen speaks about, I wouldn't start out with my imagination. First I would see the image of a person that seemed to be in some sort of distress. I'd get the feeling they need some help. I would start having an imaginary conversation with them by sending them thoughts. Before I knew it I would be involved in some scene where I was trying to help a stuck spirit. This entire process would start when I was completely awake. I wouldn't go into a hynogotic state. It was more a matter of where my energy level was.

The way I help with retrievels now, the above isn't necessary.

There is also the matter of how we exist at more than one dimension. I believe it is possible that there are people who help with retrievels without realizing that they are doing so.  Sometimes they can find out about these retrievels through their dreams.

For the most part, I don't believe that you can figure out what is going on through one experience.  You have to look at all of your experiences and see how the dots connect. Once you do so you can find that even your dreams can tell you how you have helped out. I've found that once your guidance realizes that you take your dreams seriously, they aren't concerned about the minor differences between regular dreams, lucid dreams, waking dreams, and OBEs, when they send you a message.  Such information and the connect the dots approach won't do much for a scientific study, but they'll do a lot for a person who helps out with retrievels.

Regarding receiving telephone numbers, it isn't always easy to do so.  I've found that when messages are spelt out either visually, by voice or thought, letters or numbers can get jumbled. When it comes to numbers, I've received them a number of times, but five digits seems to be the limit before the numbers get jumbled. Plus, in many cases it would be highly inappropriate to call a person with the thought of verifying information. If a person wants to receive information about a deceased loved one, perhaps it is best that he or she seeks it. Perhaps a lot of people don't want to here about how their deceased loved one got stuck for a while.  This is especially so if they are already experiencing grief.

On the flip side, if an extensive study was done which shows that spirits do get stuck, perhaps this will influence some people to live their life differently.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2009 at 7:31pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #32 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 1:38pm

Some more thoughts occurred to me.

-When you're trying to help a confused and stuck spirit, much of the time it isn't appropriate to start asking this spirit for a name of person you can contact, this person's telephone number, and information you can provide to the person you call.

Going my some of my retrievel experiences this is especially so, because reality isn't experienced in quite the same way. For example, as opposed to experiencing yourself carry out a sequence of steps in a linear manner, you'll experience yourself do so all at once. Linear time doesn't factor in as it does while in the physical World.

-It might be unrealistic to expect spirit helpers to know about names, telephone numbers, and whether or not it is appropriate to contact a loved one of the spirit you are helping. Also, the spirit helpers would have to provide information about the spirit you help, because you wouldn't want to call a person the stuck spirit knew, without being able to provide information that validates that you made contact. Plus, if you're working with a stuck spirit, you might not be able to communicate with the spirit helpers. In my experiences I haven't been aware of such helpers.

-Genuine mediums have come up with information that can be verified, yet their doing so has hardly changed the World. Instead, fake mediums tend to become famous, and the skeptics judge all mediums accordingly.

-I suppose that later on a person could make contact with his or her spirit guidance, and try to obtain confirmatory information this way. The question is, is it necessary to do so?

If you did try to gather information, called people, and compiled verification based information you can share, you would still need some sort of auditor who would interview the same people in order to validate what you report. Even then, some people might contend that you are in cahoots with the people you called, and/or even the auditor.  Some people might claim that you got the information from Satan.

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 7:44pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:38pm

It's maybe not by accident R that in a sense stuff only becomes more evident (we develop sight) just as proof becomes less of an issue for a person.

When you watch all the debate the one thing that seems so evident is that what we believe is always verified as a result of our pre-conceptions.

Those striving for stuff to believe in make over the top claims about paranormal events, likewise those routinely sceptic find ways to be sure they have rubbished even very credible events and phenomena.

It's almost impossible to get through to 'believers'. Even if you do chances are the data will be misused.

There's a sense about the whole thing that somehow all is revealed in time if of our own volition we set off down the path of our own free will, but remain open to all possibilities, that we go with the flow. But that 'proof' is almost withheld from those that choose/are driven by their preconceptions to be determinedly sceptic, or determined believers.

Ego driven grasping in action again I guess...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #34 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 8:43pm

Hi,

The conceptions I've formed here through retrievals are far better than the fear-based concepts I dealt with previously.

With retrievals we seem to have an active compassionate role in making some realms better off than they were.

Retrievals bring hope to both the retrievees and also to the retriever who finds that Helpers and guidance are available in ways beyond any personal imaginings .

I tried eliminating self/ego and ended up with nothing but a strange cottage cheese-like visual to contemplate while meditating. If that is selfless egolessness, then I'm not ready for it !

I've wilfully chosen retrieving as the best belief my consciousness is capable of at this time.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #35 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 10:22pm

Bets said: I tried eliminating self/ego and ended up with nothing but a strange cottage cheese-like visual to contemplate while meditating. If that is selfless egolessness, then I'm not ready for it !

cottage cheese..yumm!!
Hi Bets. that's one strange image. the egolessness I am describing is more like a merge with god, with good feelings, with listening to inner guidance all the time. it has nothing to do with eliminating the ego, just eliminating bad feelings, depression, guilt trips on others, etc.
judgment of others and self, it's not placing stock when others put you down..it's listening to the truth, that we are loving people, and then we see this love in others; like I have seen love in you, the same love in me.

it's why I sign with love, love is the only real thing that remains after all the clouds get cleared away...

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:50am

Smiley Cheese beats 42 as the answer to the ultimate question - the meaning of life, the universe and everything. (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)  Cheesy Which incidentally I think had the most highly realised beings in the universe as mice - so maybe there's a reason for cheese Bets..

I wasn't knocking retrieval, only (again) playing with some of the peculiarities which seem to surround this business of ego which affects almost all of us.

As Alysia says it's something that with life experience and personal work seems to eventually fall away.

It's taught using lots of scenarios to describe the process, and as being a bit of a catch 22 issue though. It could be described as the result of your shedding delusion to expose the 'true nature of mind' (Buddhism), or as the result of the Holy Spirit helping you to drop unreal beliefs. (ACIM)

The catch 22 is that if you strive to drop ego then you've turned it into an objective that you are grasping for - which by definition actually strengthens the ego, and risks getting one into acting out all sorts of 'egoless' behaviours for appearances, or to convince oneself.

What's taught is that it's more a matter of the gradual and spontaneous emergence of a reality based view - the result of developing an equanimity that leaves us free to always go with the natural flow of a situation without bias creeping in as a result of ego originated selfishness (which is in turn based on fear).

The process is maybe a bit like the fog slowly clearing to reveal a beautiful vista.

Wink Please pardon my off topic banging on about ego, but it's usually seen as th central issue on the path, and seen this way could be described as being the underlying issue in respect of all the issues arising around spirituality - misuse, exploitative teachers, wannabee students, beliefs and behaviours that block and/or cause suffering and so on...

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #37 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 9:57am

Hi

My comments are way too solemn. I wish I had a lighter touch verbally, like you, Alysia !  Vajra, just disregard my defensiveness, please.

Cheese Bets  Tongue

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.