Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
White Light humor (Read 3269 times)
identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
White Light humor
Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:32am

Notification Alert:

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil,

as well as current stock market conditions, the Light at the End of the

Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience   Cheesy

When I saw the tunnell, it was like entering a whirlwind funnel, all in greys and swirled counter-clockwise.  I would be drawn in, then down toward the bottom, and when I reached the bottom, I was only several inches from the floor, walls or any other object in the "room".  I would travel to the end of a conveyer belt with goodies on it (as I was a very young child) then up the wall to the other side of the wall. Then the travel would end.  Anyone else see a "tunnel" or "white Light?"  cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Re: White Light humor
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 10:21am

Hi Cat,

My white light story has a different source and also can never be  Smiley turned off:

(This happened to me when I was in the fifth grade.) At recess one day I felt a strange energy and decided to track down the cause.  A voice said not to go there but I argued with it (my Oversoul) and said it didn't feel like danger, it felt good. I kept walking in a direction that made the feeling get stronger and ended up behind the school in a shadowy area.
I saw a beam of light cutting across the shadow, much like when clouds are breaking up and a stream of light comes through. (Later I noticed there weren't any clouds.). As I stared the beam got shorter, and a shirt of violet plaid, then slacks, then my classmate "Bill" took form within the beam. Then the class bell rang and I left.
Later I asked 'Bill' what he was doing and said that he'd looked like a light beam. He denied that anything unusual had happened.

Ever after that I couldn't see Bill. Instead i saw his face as a blurrish area sort of like several layers all at once, --so I avoided him. I feared what I couldn't comprehend. (His clothing was always in focus though.)

Recently I've been thinking about this experience and thought that the layers might have been Bill in different times seen all at once, but I never got any confirmation on that from my Oversoul. Then just yesterday I was thinking about this again and thought that maybe the blurring was seeing his different subtle bodies/ energy bodies all at once. Oversoul immediately confirmed that!

I wondered how to post this experience, since I think we need to be aware that this spiritual dimension is around us all the time.
Then Cat 'coincidentally' came up with the white light topic.
Thanks Cat!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 5:10pm

See--- oversoul sent me the "joke" about the white light, then I got the message to put it on the AfterLife Knowledge board! 

I can't recall seeing the "bright white light" in my travels. When coming home one evening from work, I saw the most radiant, vivid, crisom beam of light shining down from the sky just at the top of a 1/2 mile hill.  I think I remember pulling over to keep looking at it in euphoric wonderment. No one else pulled over.  The shaft of light had to be at least 1/2 a mile wide over the suburb. The red was more vibrant than any red I have  seen, before or since. I wonder now if it was only meant for me?? 

Another incident when I was in mediation, I was traveling on a train sitting in a side bench.  The train started going through the tunnel and I was going to visit my deceased cousin on the other side.  I knew we entered the tunnel, but it never got dark.  I was called back from my meditation, so I never saw the bright white light.

When I go to my "quite place" I see brightness shining all around and the colors are sharply vivid and enhansed. The only way I can explain the brightness is liking it to the sun beams hitting a body of water, but without the glare.

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

carl

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 3:32pm

identcat wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:32am:
Notification Alert:

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil,

as well as current stock market conditions, the Light at the End of the

Tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience   Cheesy

When I saw the tunnell, it was like entering a whirlwind funnel, all in greys and swirled counter-clockwise.  I would be drawn in, then down toward the bottom, and when I reached the bottom, I was only several inches from the floor, walls or any other object in the "room".  I would travel to the end of a conveyer belt with goodies on it (as I was a very young child) then up the wall to the other side of the wall. Then the travel would end.  Anyone else see a "tunnel" or "white Light?"  cat

Oh dear, Cat. Does this mean all those poor souls will be heading for the 'red glow' instead? Sincerely. Carl and family

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Carl, I think it depends on a person's belief.  In one of Bruce's books, he asked to help with a "group" retieval for some Eastern Indians who perished in either an earthquake or flood ( It has been some years since I've read his books).  He joined other guides who appeard to the group of souls as a huge lighthouse with a beacon of light for the newly departed to follow.  I don't know if the light shone yellow or white--- but it acted as a beacon.  When my mother had a NDE, she found herself "in the color blue".  To her, that represented Mary, mother of Jesus.
Red never was my favorate color. In the chakras, red is the root color and represents tribal beliefs and issues of physical family safety and security . I always favored yellow which is the third chakra color and
represents self-esteem, self-confidence.

I actually would like a rainbow of colors!!! That would be fun!!  Love and Hugs --- Carol Ann

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:38pm

That's neat, Identcat!

I didn't know that different color lights appeal so deeply to different people, although I'm just now reading that the Theosophists and Elizabeth Clare Prophet's group see a violet light as the light of healing and of (I guess) creation. They make that violet light seem like it is  directly of 'God.'

When I'm OB I see others as colored lights--gold, white, rosey (lavendar-pink) and combinations of those mainly. But if I see much red in them, a voice says 'stay back!,' and the energy field around gets startlingly quiet, ( Smileylike someone turned my motor off so I could hide?) even though I haven't been noticing sound in the first place.
So there might be some limits to the range of colors humans think of as helpful?

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Berserk2

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:56pm

Ted suspected his wife was cheating on him, so he decided to quit work early and catch her in the act.  As he approached the door of his 6th floor apartment, he thought he heard a suspicious noise; so he burst in the door and his wife greeted him with a sheepish expression on her face.  The window was open and Ted looked out and saw a man walking suspiciously fast out of the apartment complex.  Ted was insane with jealousy.  So he grabbed the nearest object, a refrigerator, and hurled it out of the window and--lucky shot--killed the man below.  Then Ted realized that the man he killed was 6 floors down and couldn't possibly have made the suspicious sound he heard.  Ted was pverwhelmed with sorrow.  Indeed, he was so stressed by his error that he had a heart attack and fell to his death out the window.

The scene switches to the Pearly Gate.  The first guy approaches and Saint Peter asks: "So what happened to you?"  The guy replies: "I was walking out of my apartment complex when a refrigerator hit me on the head!"  An amazed Peter replied: "Wow, that's hard to believe, but our records confirm your story.  You may enter."  

Ted approaches next and Peter asks: "So what happened to you?"  Ted is frantic: "I thought my wife was cheating on me; so I got off work early to surprise her in the act.  I heard a loud noise in my apartment and crashed in.  The window was open and I saw a guy walking below.  In my rage I grabbed a refrigerator and threw it at him.  As he lay dead, I suddenly realized that he was not my wife's lover; so I got a heart attack from my remorse and here I am!"  

The third guy comes along and a stunned  Peter says: "Wow!  It's been a weird day.  What happened to you?"  The guy replies, "Well, I was hiding in this refrigerator and..."   Shocked

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #7 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 11:13pm

Don,

What color was the refrigerator-------LOL Kiss

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #8 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 11:28pm

Bets--- you-bet-ya  that colors have limits and  allowances for a partricular being. For others, the same colors will accelerate the experience. A good example is the color black.  For some of us, black means a dead end/ go no further. And yet, when some of us have an OBE, the blackness is a welcoming friend, thick and loving, ushering us to a more exhilerating experience. 
Just like the current day kids, if you wear black, the call it goth" and in the fashion world, black is a true basic color.

For some people, red is sexy. For others, it's a turn off. I never was crazy about red. But, that euphoric red beam will be pictured in my mind forever.

Hugs to all--- Love Carol Ann

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #9 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 11:33am

Greetings,

refrigerators do have a light!

My post regarding violet etc sort of got your thread away from the title "White Light Humor,"  Identcat -- my bad. 

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 12:49pm

I thought of the "white light" in the refrigerator, also!!

No problem about white light humor.  The thread is for anyone who sees any colors around others or have had a NDE or OBE and experienced only a color of anykind. IE: the thick blackness that we are in when in an OBE.  Hugs--- cat Cool

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.