Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The souls of transgender people (Read 31212 times)
Lupus

Re: The souls of transgender people
Reply #30 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:19pm

Quote:
Lupus wrote on Feb 1st, 2009 at 4:24pm:

I wish people could leave this sort of negative judgmentalism behind.  Why do you automatically jump to the idea that a soul must have screwed up or have done something wrong in order to be born in a transgendered body?

With all due respect Lupus, it seems you have completely misunderstood my post and what i was actually saying.   I was not negatively judging transgendered people AT ALL.  

If anything, i was saying that such people are on average, probably are more spiritually advanced than the average, for they are swinging again into that necessary balance and merging of Yin/Yang.  I've noticed that many Souls tend to choose one gender over another in a series of lives, sometimes they get lopsided, and when they get to the sufficient spiritual developement with enough inner strength (for being gay or transgendered is rarely a walk in the park), they start to choose the gender of which they haven't had enough experience in, and this then leads sometimes to the experience of being primarily gay or transgendered just because they are so used to being the other gender so they naturally gravitate to what they use to be attracted to etc.  Common sense really.

I myself, consider myself "philosophically bi", and have many friends who are gay or of alternative lifestyle.  I do not look down upon them for their orientation.   Some of them i sense are fairly old souls who have the inner strength to take on difficult roles.  

How you got what you got from my previous post, i'm not quite sure.   Huh    Perhaps if you listened better you wouldn't jump to negatively judgmental conclusions so quickly?

How does your idea that transgendered people are souls switching over to a new gender jive with the FACT that transgender feelings are caused by genetics?

It doesn't.  This old idea is nothing more than malarkey, a new-age faith-based explanation for something its followers didn't understand. It's completely made-up, and the only way it could be true is if the cause of transgender feelings was purely spiritual.  We know now that that's 100% false. The cause is biological.

Souls switch genders through incarnations regularly, yet less than 1% of the population is transgendered. Even the math busts this theory.

This meshes well with things I've observed on the other side.  Transgendered and gay people aren't having spiritual problems adjusting to a gender at all.  Instead, they've purposely chosen a life that will be persecuted, hunted, hated and oppressed, for the experience.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:58pm

Theres a very old saying which I have found personally true in many respects;  its "as above, so below"  above being the nonphysial, or consciousness aspect of reality, below being the physical aspect. 

Or in other words there is a interconnection, and often the physical mirrors the spiritual in some respects. 

Hence genetics may just reflect the spiritual or consciousness reality. 

I'm a long time student of astrology, and i have noticed this pattern in astrology a lot in many various kinds of ways.   One way is that i can more than chance would allow tell a persons rough birth time from what they look like and just knowing their general birth day. 

I did this with a member of this site. 

So, again with due respect, i don't think my line of reasoning is just marlarkey myth, etc.

I have a strong left brain side to me and reason and conclude things from both intuition and logic, along with experience.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 9:00pm

Yes, as good as science is, to conclude that something can't be spiritual when it is genetic is not logical. Remember Lupus, finally science is a product of mind. Everything what we perceive and realize is in our minds, including science. Whether particular spiritual theories are true or not is another question.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 11:32pm

Lupus wrote, Quote:
Souls switch genders through incarnations regularly, yet less than 1% of the population is transgendered. Even the math busts this theory

Notice also how i continually said gay or transgendered?  Both seem fairly common within the whole, have had many and predominantly lives in one gender but like you said the transgendered tendencies is much more rare.

This doesn't always happen, i have used the word "sometimes".   Some Souls make the switch without significant gay or transgendered tendencies in a particular life or few.   It's a fairly relative issue and depends on the individual.

Yet there are averages which can be ascertained by those highly intuitive.  The experience of intuition is beyond that of how most people nonphysically explore wherein they have to sit, or lay down, meditate, make affirmations, etc, and get in that someewhat special place to get info which is often strongly related to and filtered through material sense concepts. 
Quote:
Transgendered and gay people aren't having spiritual problems adjusting to a gender at all.  Instead, they've purposely chosen a life that will be persecuted, hunted, hated and oppressed, for the experience. 

Again, notice how i have continually used the word "sometimes", or at other times the phrase "on average".  I cannot speak for every case, or every individual.   I'm sure that sometimes my above theory does not hold true.

I'm sure that some are just signing up for difficult lives without the above variable being in the equation, like what you seem to be saying. 
And, karma being what it is, i'm sure that sometimes some people are balancing difficult karma along that line.   There is an interesting case in the Edgar Cayce readings for a man who received a life reading because of his difficulty with his strong gay urges.
  He was told that he had been a cartoonist in an earlier France cycle and had made fun of those of gay lifestyle in his poltical satires, and now was meeting self in his experience with his difficulties with his gay urges.  He apparently chose a body with strong genetic/astrological tendencies towards homosexuality, yet subconsciously he did not vibe or agree with it because he probably remembered subconsciously that he likes women more--that and in his time and place it was not an accepted expression. 

Having had become aware of some of my other lives and their "histories" or strongest energies, well i have come to know by experience that some of the difficult challenges that i have faced in my own life, are cases of my Disk meeting self in this particularly self/personality.  Particularly issues to do with health, and having emotionally hurt various women in other lives, and experiencing likewise in this life. 

Some difficulties on the other hand, were just chosen not because of need to balance difficult karma, but because their difficulties were good catalysts to help this self grow more spiritually when those difficulties are squarely faced and over come.  What does it matter anyways, when its all for spiritual growth, and all eventually leads to that?   Yet, to know that you wronged another in another experience and now are meeting self and can overcome that is a worthwile awareness.   Relates to that little thing called "self responsibility".

Again, its a relative issue, and you can have various factors going on at the same time with different issues just even within one individual.

It seems rather that YOU are the one being more black and white and extreme about this topic.   Where is your relativity and perception of same?   So, your above one dimesional belief/perception holds true for all cases?    Highly unlikely i would say if one looked at the math of probabilities. 

IP Logged

Lupus

Reply #34 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:54am

spooky2 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 9:00pm:
Yes, as good as science is, to conclude that something can't be spiritual when it is genetic is not logical. Remember Lupus, finally science is a product of mind. Everything what we perceive and realize is in our minds, including science. Whether particular spiritual theories are true or not is another question.

Spooky

That's a copout.  You know that more than 0.005% of souls are in the opposite gender as the last incarnation, yet that's how many are transgendered.

It's not spiritual.  It's like homosexuality. It's a product of the body. In assuming it's a dysfunction of the spirit, you are no different than people like Fred Phelps, adding to the burden of these people.

IP Logged

Lupus

Reply #35 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:05am

Quote:

Notice also how i continually said gay or transgendered?  Both seem fairly common within the whole, have had many and predominantly lives in one gender but like you said the transgendered tendencies is much more rare.

Even when you combine them, it's still only 5% of the population.

Quote:

This doesn't always happen, i have used the word "sometimes".   Some Souls make the switch without significant gay or transgendered tendencies in a particular life or few.   It's a fairly relative issue and depends on the individual.

And here you are again assigning deficiency or aberration of the soul to the transgendered and the gay, just like I said you were. 

Quote:

There is an interesting case in the Edgar Cayce readings for a man who received a life reading because of his difficulty with his strong gay urges.
 He was told that he had been a cartoonist in an earlier France cycle and had made fun of those of gay lifestyle in his poltical satires, and now was meeting self in his experience with his difficulties with his gay urges.  He apparently chose a body with strong genetic/astrological tendencies towards homosexuality, yet subconsciously he did not vibe or agree with it because he probably remembered subconsciously that he likes women more--that and in his time and place it was not an accepted expression.  

There you go, that's a much better example than your previous idea of someone who was switching genders and couldn't adjust because they weren't evolved enough or were defective in some way.

This man was BORN gay.  He could choose to act on that or not, but the sexual orientation is of the body, not the soul.

Again, its a relative issue, and you can have various factors going on at the same time with different issues just even within one individual.

Quote:

It seems rather that YOU are the one being more black and white and extreme about this topic.   Where is your relativity and perception of same?   So, your above one dimesional belief/perception holds true for all cases?    Highly unlikely i would say if one looked at the math of probabilities.  

I am definitely black and white when it comes to calling GLBT people defective for religious reasons.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:17am

Who is saying that it has to be a dysfunction of the spirit?

My belief system allows for the reality that a Disk self chooses a particular body purely for the sake of difficult earth life experiences to be had, and neither difficult karma OR more neutral karma (karma then just meaning "memory", which is then tipped to a particular gender predominantly).

Again, it is your assertions that are black and white on this matter and which don't allow for a relativity or possible alternative.  It seems according to you, it can only be and ever is only because of body physical reasons.  Have you met and tuned deeply into every single transgendered person on the face of the Earth?

This seems to be a dogmatic and narrow viewpoint to promote.  You have 3 posts to your name and obviously new here, anything else to discuss, or do you only want to argue in an argumentative tone about this one topic?

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:33am

Lupus wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:05am:
I am definitely black and white when it comes to calling GLBT people defective for religious reasons.

I did not say, nor imply "defection" as if people and souls are factory products to be either rejected or accepted  Roll Eyes  As i said earlier, some of the people i have met who are gay, and especially those who are bi, i sensed were very spiritually mature.   What's your point?   It's in plain writing in an earlier post of mine.   Methinks you are not very objective about this topic and see attack easily where there is none.  

I said there are various possible reasons for this experience, and yes one of the common one comes from a kind of consciousness imbalance due to BEING ADDICTED TO ONE GENDER MORE THAN ANOTHER.  For many, this whole Earth life thing pertains to addiction in general (as Monroe learned and wrote about). That doesn't make people or Souls "defective" in my book.  

So what, is it prejudiced to say that the huge percentage of humanity is imbalanced when it comes to the left and right brain hemispheres?  Or to the Yin/Yang within?  

Well golly then, lets take up a crusade to argue and fight all people who make claims about so many people!  

And how do you get religion out of this btw?  You are not talking to one who follows any particular religion.  You are talking to one who has studied and been on a spiritual/metaphysical path for 16 of his 29 earth years.  

Lupus wrote, Quote:
"And here you are again assigning deficiency or aberration of the soul to the transgendered and the gay, just like I said you were. 

Nope, for that to be the case, i would have to assign a "good" or a "bad" label to the experience of being gay, transgendered, or what not or to gay, transgendered, etc. people.  Nowhere did i say it is preferable to be straight over gay or anything like that.   I did not say that being gay or transgendered was bad.  It just is. 

This is a classic case of projection.  See ya, i'm done with this thread.  

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #38 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 4:55pm

Hello everyone.

I haven't posted here for some time but have been reading occasionally once in a while. Being a transgendered person myself, I would like to say that I appreciate the acceptance of my condition on this board. My life has it's up's and down's with some people accepting me while other's don't. My wife love's me and even though she suppresses my feminine appearance whenever I leave the house, she allows me to be my self while at home(woman trapped in a man's body).

I'm not gay as I'm attracted to women only. I've always had the strongest desire to be a woman. Yet if I was a woman then that would make me a lesbian. My wife has no interest in women, yet she tolerates my obsession with looking feminine. I cannot figure out why I decided to incarnate on this world as a man yet want to be a woman.

I've spent most of my life as a respected male loved by friends and family. I hid the fact from everyone, except my wife, that I longed to be a woman. She accepted this as long as I kept it private. The last several years I've had a hard time keeping it a secret. So hard in fact that now everyone knows about me and my innermost wishes. I sometimes have left the house dressed like a woman on many occasions. Public acceptance has been for the most part favorable.

After many meditations I've discovered that I'm actually androgynous in my soul, but when my mind becomes activated in the physical world, emotions can sway me toward my feminine side, as I have more attraction to the yin than the yang. There is a feeling I get that is more spiritual when closer to the yin. Maybe that's why I strive for my female side.

Ralph

Ralph Buskey Ralph Buskey  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #39 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 5:25pm

Everytime I listen to "Money for Nothin" By Dire Straits I get this image of a very beautiful hermaphrodite. I think that would be cool, you know , to be one, but I'd still wear trousers I think. I don't think it would work for me in my current physical situation though. I'd get tired of shaving my back hair I just know it. And I'm not really attracted to men. But I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body even if it is an old cliche.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Justin
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 11:22pm

Hi Ralph, good to see you around again.  Hope all is spiritually intune with you.

Re: your feelings and perceptions that the Yin side seems more spiritual, that makes sense to me in a way, because in my perception the Yin side connects to that innate Oneness and connectivity reality.  To receptive feeling.

The Yang side, connects more to differences, individuality, and differentiation side of reality.

I happen to believe that both are equally necessary and important attributes/states/realities, but this World has overdone the latter, Yang side too much and therefore needs a greater balance of Yin.

I think beings, and consciousnesses which don't prefer one over the other, are existing in the true androgynous state.   Such a state is ultimately an "enLightened" state too.   It is perhaps no surprise then that Monroe labeled the some 1800 year old in physical human "He/She".  It was the best "name" that Bob could come up with at the time, and really very apropos if you think more deeply about it.

Btw, while i'm neither gay, transgendered, or truly bi (in physical, sexual practice), i've had issues with being accepted by my fellow humans all of my life, which in the past has caused me much pain.   Since i can remember, even as a very little kindergartner i was oft singled out and picked on.  

I've come to believe that seeking acceptance from others is a limiting tendency, and a sure way to set oneself up for disappointment and hurt.  Its a shadow aspect tendency really, and when one attunes to PUL enough and consistently it gets more and more dissipated until it isn't left at all.

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #41 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 3:03pm

Thank you for that response, Justin.

I can understand what you mean about the PUL energy drain. I am constantly sending out energy and sometimes I get feeling weak and tired but after a good sleep I'm re-energized and ready to do it again. It gives me a good feeling in helping other people whenever I can.

I've been taking estrogen for a couple of years now and it has helped me control my emotions. I'm finally getting some breast growth and that makes me so happy that I'm glad I've been patient with myself since my depression and suicide attempt two years ago.

Now that my yin side has improved, my extrasensory perception has increased. I get an etheric connection with women when I talk to them. I still haven't been able to achieve out of body projection yet, but I feel that I'm getting closer all the time. I'm happier now that I can have better awareness of all the multitudes of connections and perceptions that permeate the universe. As much as I look forward to going to the other side, I can enjoy my physical experience more fully now.

I would like to add a picture of me, but I can't afford a web address needed to use in uploading it. Maybe someday. That's it for now. May everyone enjoy their cosmic persuits with love and happiness.

Ralph

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #42 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 3:07pm

Ralph you can do it for free. Go to the tech answers section, I think Betson posted a link to the place where you can set one up for free that's what I did.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Aras

Seattle
Reply #43 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 3:28pm

http://photobucket.com/

Another free place for image hosting and it's very easy to use!

SmileyAras

IP Logged

Ralph Buskey

Brick Township, NJ
Reply #44 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:47pm

Thank you Beau and Aras so much for your help. I used photobucket.com to post some pictures of me. After all of this time wanting to add my photo, I never realized that free websites existed that I could use.

Ralph

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.