Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lucid dream of a former time in South Africa (Read 1790 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Lucid dream of a former time in South Africa
Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:53pm

Hi Forum,

I have been elsewhere for a time but have not lost interest in all things spiritual.

I would like to relate a lucid dream I had the other night. I involves time, I found myself on a ox wagon amongst the Afrikaner people also know as Boers (farmers) These people left the Cape off good hope after British occupation and trekked north to find new territory much the same as the American pioneers that went south on mule trains..

They called themselves Voortrekkers meaning those that track forward. They were a very religious people of great courage and faced much of the same hardship of their American counterparts. Where the American pioneers sometimes faced hostile Native Americans, so did these people face an even fearser-
opponent in the native Africans such as the Zulu tribe of warriors

I was on one of these ox wagons perfectly aware that it was not a memory of some previous life, but that I was somehow experience a sort of time shift,

As I can understand Afrikaans, even this early dialogue, I could hear what they were saying and even singing... Then the wagon train came across eight lions (in those days lions could be found everywhere in South Africa.)

Somehow I found myself sitting and leaning against an adult male lion, I was terrified.. The people began to shoot at the lions with their ancient flint lock type rifles killing a few lions but not the lion that I leaned against

This lion could have hit me with his great paw but he did not and ran off into the high grass plain

Then the scene chanced completely, I found myself of a train pulled by a steam engine. This train I think ran from Durban to Johannesburg. What excited me was that I saw Johannesburg in multicolor exactly as it was over a hundred years ago. Old Victorian style building, African peoples hovels etc

It was snowing in Johannesburg a very very rare event in this then gold digger town. Suddenly the train arrived at Randfontein the gold mining town where I was born and someone even pointed out the exact hospital (Randfontein Hospital)

I will try to find out what years Johannesburg had snow during the early 10 Th or late 19th centuries, maybe I can come up with something

All of us got off this time travel train and we were asked whether we thought life was better then or now in the present. Most people to my surprise said modern life was much better

Then I woke up and wrote this down

Have any of you guys had this sort of time shift lucid dream

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

carl

Re: Lucid dream of a former time in South Africa
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 2:16am

Yes Alan, I have had two of these vivid 'lucid' dreams that involve the past. Some people rate lucid dreams as afterlife or OOB experiences I have read, but they are in the small minority. These two experiences still play a prominent part on my mind today, when I think of the many lucid dreams I've had. Some writers say they are past lives flashbacks!?

The first involves me standing up directing my troops to move forward against a line of Roman soldiers that was bearing down on us. Simply, the Roman soldiers had their shields locked next to the soldiers shield on either side of him. It was like a long wall of shields bearing down on us. I could see the eyes, head and helmets of the Roman soldiers. They wore those round type hard leather helmets. I could also see spears poking up behind them. They were about 10 yards or meters in front of us. I was instructing my men to push hard against the shields of the Roman soldiers when we contacted them. The Roman soldiers had those large rectangular shaped shields and my men had more of a oval type shield. Unfortunately my men could not stop the Roman advance, and they just moved forward. At this point the Romans were about five or less yards from me. I suddenly froze as I knew I was about to be killed. Unbelieveable fear and terror came over me and I woke up. I don't ever remember having such fear and personal terror in my present physical life.

It was not until many years later while watching a documentary on the Roman empire, that according to the documentary, this was they way how they fought. 'Lock shields, push forward, stab and slash with their short swords, while soldiers behind the shield wall threw spears'.

The second experience involved me standing, dressed in a frock that covered me from neck to my ankles. The sleeves also reached down to my wrists. It was of a checkered pattern in design and the neck, wrist, ankle hem part of the frock had white frills. I was a young woman!!! of white ethnic background.

Lying in front of me, on the ground, hands and feet tied but face up, were at least 4 or 5 men. There may have been a woman ot two? I don't know whether I was alive or dead(in my astral body or not). Suddenly a red indian male appeared. He was young and muscular. He wore buckskin bottoms with moccasins, but was naked from the waist up. He had beads around his neck. His hair was long and dark(black), and he was very sun tanned. He stood and looked at his captives lying on the ground. At this point I received a mental telepathic message in my mind that this indian was my brother in my present physical life. With haste he suddenly pulled out what looked like a shiny bowie knife and began to cut the throats of those lying on the ground. I could not describe the shock and horror I felt. I woke up. This was utter horror, anger and disgust, rather than fear as in my Roman episode.

Sincerely. Carl and family.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 5:06am

Hi Carl

Very nice post even fascinating and similar to mine. What I am interested in in relation to your dream , were you aware that you were Carl of the present time or did you loose your present identity and forgot about the modern world during your lucid dream?

Like you I have had countless dreams of this kind, most of them not time shifting but events that are happening around the time of the dream

Now that we have the amazing internet I thought why not check out if there were any news to back up my dreams, and yes they are there in hard letters exactly as I dreamed

I then realised what for years I had taken as appalling nightmares were actual and sometimes horrific events taking place all around me due to my extreme sensitivity to thought especially fear of one in intractable life threatening trouble

This has realy enabled me to embrace my dreams even nighmares as I can now find meaning in many of them

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

carl

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 5:27pm

Alan McDougall wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 5:06am:
Hi Carl

Very nice post even fascinating and similar to mine. What I am interested in in relation to your dream , were you aware that you were Carl of the present time or did you loose your present identity and forgot about the modern world during your lucid dream?

Like you I have had countless dreams of this kind, most of them not time shifting but events that are happening around the time of the dream

Now that we have the amazing internet I thought why not check out if there were any news to back up my dreams, and yes they are there in hard letters exactly as I dreamed

I then realised what for years I had taken as appalling nightmares were actual and sometimes horrific events taking place all around me due to my extreme sensitivity to thought especially fear of one in intractable life threatening trouble

This has realy enabled me to embrace my dreams even nighmares as I can now find meaning in many of them

Take Care

Alan

Alan, To answer your question, and it's difficult to answer! It's like I knew who I was as who I am now. In both of these vivid and 'real' inner experiences I was who I am now. Even the second one when I was a young woman, I was still me! I was unaware of thinking, "Wow! I'm a woman!" I was still the Me, I am, a conscious living being. I did not make any comparisons whatsoever, mentally or emotionally, whether I was a man or woman. I just played the role as it was happening all around me, and in me, in a most natural and expected way.

To answer your second question, I was also unaware of the modern world that I live in now. To me where I was, was the exact 'right' place and time I should have been in. It was completely natural for me to be there like it's completely natural and right for me that I am typing this reply to you.

I've read on other spiritual sites on the net where some say God and the whole universe is one giant universal mind and we are but conscious individual thoughtforms in it. Is the Afterlife part of this also? Sincerely. Carl and Family

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.