Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Man, there's really something to your books, Bruce (Read 1235 times)
sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Man, there's really something to your books, Bruce
Jan 5th, 2009 at 2:23pm

Bruce Moen’s books are really hitting me all over the place!  From R2D2, to feelings methods and clarifications on details I was having trouble with understanding, to defining problems, and now Plebes?

Here's the thing.  I've been interested in OBEs and then consciousness exploration for a long time.  I've enjoyed reading the works of Monroe, Atwater, McKnight, Robert Bruce, Peterson, etc, but in all that reading I never got a clearer picture than with your books.  And the coincidences!  Wow.

This last year has been full of them.  At the time I was reading your first 2 books, I had just gotten into some Star Trek prop recreation projects with a few on-line buddies.  In studying the Trek phenomenon, I was surprised to read your thoughts on beaming like in Trek right around the time we were working out dimensions of a transporter console.  And then you'd define a particular imaginative lesson that I always thought I knew how to do (never getting results) in a much clearer and me-style way that upon my first trial of the same exercises using your new perspective I got results! 

Your forum and the folks here have been encouraging too right when I needed it.  Kind of coincidental. 
Here's a fun one:  in 2002 I started attempting to build a 1:1 replica of the droid R2D2 from Starwars for fun (he was my favorite toy and movie character as a child.)  I realized I did not have the skills or tools to accomplish the feat so I gave up.  I kept some of the parts in my garage until 7 years later I dug them back out and decided I had enough ability and resources to try again.  After beginning on the R2D2 project, I starting hitting up against difficult builds and procedures needed to build the little robot.  I needed some inspiration to hang on and not to give up again on consciousness exploration (in wane at this time) and my new R2D2 project, both projects of fulfilling a particular dream of mine.  As soon as I felt myself starting to give up, I read in your third book about tonal communication and how you explained it as beeps and boops like R2D2!  What the heck!?  These coincidences are astounding to me!  Happily accepted, but wild none-the-less.

Also, R2/Moen related - He talked about how, as an engineer, he would sometimes be faced with an insurmountable problem.  To solve these problems he would sit and define the problem in as much detail as he could, and the solution would just 'pop into' his head.  Well, I tried this with some particularly difficult R2D2 building issues I was having just a day or so ago, and viola!  a completely out of the box solution presented it's self while trying to define my problem in great detail.  It works!

And this:
http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1231176290/0#0

I am rapidly gaining confidence in my physical life pursuits as well as my non-physical consciousness pursuits. 

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: Man, there's really something to your books, Bruce
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:16am

Sulla,

What is great about Bruce's books is that there are write without pretention.  They are not loaded with beliefs; they don't tell us what to beliefs... Bruce just relates his experience and how he understands it.

He is a geek guy and a lovely one... that why I resonate even more with his work.  I can feel your amazingness right now... Doors are opening in our mind. 

The R2D2 probably kept some doors open in your imagination when you were young... And today those doors help to explore it, that why those 2 projects mix together.

Take a look at its video on youtube, if you have not already did it:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d5dtsLL4-w

pman

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Re: Man, there's really something to your books, Bruce
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:23am

That's really it, Phantasy Man. It's Bruce's lack of pretension that helps me to really focus on what he's talking about in his books. I, like Andy, am just getting started with the fourth book, but since I started reading them all things have really come together for me. So much Synchronicity in my life that I have noticed on occasion but what I glean from the books and my new experiences have really helped me to make more of an effort to learn all that I can and venture where I've never been before..well, consciously anyway.

I want to get there with what I consider untainted wisdom and so far Bruce provides me with a great source of that very thing. Also many of the posts I read on here have been very beneficial too.

Andy, I too am a very raging driver when no one is in the car with me, and like you I  think better of it a few seconds later. I think maybe the stop lights are there to keep us on schedule and so are the other events that occur on the road. The only time I've ever gotten in trouble for being late is when I didn't let someone know I was running behind--well, mostly. 99 percent of my worries never come to pass and nothing is as bad as you expect except sometimes the expected. That keeps me out of the road rage mode sometimes.

Thanks to y'all for some great stuff today.

Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.