Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
difficulties, need help, and coincidences (Read 3125 times)
sulla

Indianapolis, IN
difficulties, need help, and coincidences
Dec 29th, 2008 at 11:51am

I started writing a post about a strange non-physical 'ache' or more accurately, discomfort I am experiencing in both my ankles, most prominently when I am trying to get into a hemi-sync exercise, or just about any time I try to relax and explore non-physically. 

I had a huge post all written up and ready to post.  Before I did I took a short break, and was reading Voyages into the Afterlife while I did.  To what part exactly was I about to read?  How about the section on Bruce's chest pain in the second Exploration 27 program?  About how he was instructed to just observe it and see where it took him to where the blockage was.

What a happy 'coincidence' eh?

I still have to wonder about it though.  Seems like an odd place to have such discomfort.  Any major chakras down there?

IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Re: difficulties, need help, and coincidences
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 1:03pm

Yes--- the chakra is the color Red and from the toes up to the base of the spine is the 1st chakra: root. 
How that expalins the pain in your ankles---- you are still grounded in your search. In spite of your efforts, you are being anchored-- rooted in.  This is a basic "tribe" chakra. You are trying to "be" part of the group.

My information comes from a wonderful book by Carolyn Myss (pronounced Mase) called "Anatomoy of the Spirit".  Another book that has some information about the chakra is by Shirly McLaine called "Going within". 

Carol Ann Smiley

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 1:17pm

Interesting, thanks.  I am still very new to chakras and appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Any suggestions on ungrounding, or not trying to 'be' part of the group?  Oh, and what is 'the group'; something of my own creation I need to get past?

Thanks for the book suggestions.  I'll add them to my wish list and try to get around to reading them.

identcat wrote on Dec 29th, 2008 at 1:03pm:
Yes--- the chakra is the color Red and from the toes up to the base of the spine is the 1st chakra: root.  
How that expalins the pain in your ankles---- you are still grounded in your search. In spite of your efforts, you are being anchored-- rooted in.  This is a basic "tribe" chakra. You are trying to "be" part of the group.

My information comes from a wonderful book by Carolyn Myss (pronounced Mase) called "Anatomoy of the Spirit".  Another book that has some information about the chakra is by Shirly McLaine called "Going within".  

Carol Ann Smiley

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 2:38pm

When I get back home (at work/lunch break) I will grab Caroyln's book and see what she suggest. I think, in the back of your mind, the group (or tribe) may be anticipation that the phone might ring, or one of the pets may jump on your lap, or a family member may interupt you. Or joining a new group could mean exchanging experiences with persons who are here on the forum or people you can share experiences with. Any of these things will retard your spiritual freedom. I know for myself, sometimes I will think I'm quite comfortable then my body gets like a rod of steel and it hurts. Then I have to convience myself to relax and "let go".  Most of us who "try" to go beyond the physical have very similar experiences --- so you are part of a group!!  Tongue
On occasion, you will find that you are just trying too hard to soar. On other occasons, the stiffness just appeares out of no where.
Monroe's books are very informative. After Monroe's books, Bruce's books are a wonderful follow up. 

Keep in touch with the forum.  ---cat

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 10:57pm

Sulla, you might try it with Bruce's method to look where it takes you on a mind-journey, but you might try Robert Bruce's "NEW" (New Energy Ways) as well. There has been a free version on the web somewhere. Basically, it's to imagine an energy is flowing through your body, and to really imagine to feel it. R. Bruce suggests several methods and ways to make the imagination tactile, such as to imagine you stir your skin with a brush, or draw water with a sponge and such. It's simple and has a noticeable refreshing effect after just a short time doing it.

Regarding meditation and/or Hemi Sync, when I did it the first time about 6 years ago I noticed right from the start that my right leg tends to not go into relaxation as the rest of my limbs/body, but feels a bit tight and about to cramp. This still happens sometimes and I still don't know why. But it's not really annoying.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 1:39am

These are the mental, emotional issues (page 97) in Anatomy of the Spirit: Physical Family and group safety and security.
Ability to provide for life's necessities
Ability to stand up for self
Feeling at home
Social and familial law and order.
I would think that if any of these issues are on your mind before meditation/relaxation- it may interfear with the total relaxation. I think somewhere in Bruce's books, he has hints such as "gathering energy from below" and breathing deeply.  I do use Bruce's methods many times to "get me into the mood" for relaxation during my mediation.
Carol Ann

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #6 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 4:51pm

Hi

Another possibility could be that your ankles were tight when you went OB (or OB repeatedly) if you didn't do any deep breathing or relaxation beforehand. Then when you retun your inner subtle bodies have trouble flowing into the farther points, like ankles. I've had this experience.
To limber them up and allow the flow back through, we come back to Spooky's suggestions, also hot footbaths, and wiggling and flexing your feet and toes.

Bets

It's probably not an eithor/or situation, as I can see that Myss'/Carolyn's information certainly applies in my experience too.  Thanks for the reminder, Identcat!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 3:20pm

Sulla, Funny, I just re-read part of Bruces book last night. I'm talking about the spear incident/liver problems.(Voyages into the Unknown) Very interesting connection with your past lives and how they can effect you this round of your phyical life. Perhaps you should ask for a closer look the next time you meditate or take a trip to Focus 23. Your ankle thing "could" be something you need to take a look at. I believe it important to recover as many selves, of ourselves as possible. Just reading your story has brought me a number of pictures and incidents of which I will take a look at. I wonder if they are yours (from reading you post) or mine?

IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 9:45am

Perhaps.  Nothing worth noting on this so far.  I have been pre-occupied over the hollidays with a new hobby project I am starting.  I get really obsessed with new projects, and it has taken me almost three weeks to get my mind back to a place where I can see past the sillyness of it all.

I wonder if the beginnings of my ankle problems are related?  A grounding of sorts related to too much focus on an idle hobby?  Interesting - I had not thought of this until writing this post.  thanks all for your help.  I'll keep you updated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.