Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Finished Bruce Moen's Four Voyages Books .... (Read 2536 times)
Ronny

Finished Bruce Moen's Four Voyages Books ....
Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:29pm

... Excellent reads.

Now, I'm onto the Guide Book to learn how to alter my consciousness.

In brief, I read part of Volume 4: Voyages to my Father, prior to reading any of the first four. With my background, or lack of background in this area, Volume 4 was very confusing. So, I put Volume 4 away, and tackled the first three volumes, one by one, page by page. As I absorbed the knowledge laid out in the first volume, followed by the second volume, and finally, the third volume, my knowledge base developed. When I tackled Volume 4 again, it made much more sense. In addition, I became very eager to find more about the various details of the Focus Levels, especially Focus 15.

I believe within two weeks I will have progressed much farther along than after spending one week at the Monroe Institute taking the Gateway program. The Monroe Institue, in retrospect, was poorly taught to novices like me, but better suited for those with more advanced knowledge. I don't even meditate, let alone know what OBE's were. In a way, I guess I threw myself too quickly into the altered consciousness fray.

Ronny

IP Logged

Ronny

Re: Finished Bruce Moen's Four Voyages Books ....
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 7:35pm

I forgot to mention an explication by Bruce Moen about how astrology plays into our desire to live out certain aspects of our lives: excellent explanations. I used financial astrology a lot and have made it work at certain times (double entendre intended), but with Bruce's explanation from knowledge he obtained from Focus 15 workers, the mysteries of astrology as applied to human existence makes perfect sense to me. This alone is worth the hours of reading for me.

Many people have said we choose to be born into the families, the environments, the situations, etc., so we can do what we need to do. I've always wondered why and how? Now, with Bruce's explanation, it makes perfect sense as to how we are borne into our families, our environments, ours situations. Prior to our manifestation in the physical world, we choose the time, i.e. the astrological aspects that will be existent at the time of our birth, that has the astrological patterns we need to live our lives the way we want to. Absolutely brilliant!

Ronny

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 12:23am

Bravo!
So you are finding that Bruce's explanations do make a difference!  And you haven't even read his guidebook to your own personal explorations!
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think / experience when you have gone further into The Guidebook !  Smiley 
Have a wonderful journey!

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 2:56am

betson wrote on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 12:23am:
Bravo!
So you are finding that Bruce's explanations do make a difference!  And you haven't even read his guidebook to your own personal explorations!
I'm looking forward to hearing what you think / experience when you have gone further into The Guidebook !  Smiley  
Have a wonderful journey!

Betson

Betson,

I've never really wanted to explore altered consciousness, until now. Bruce Moen's background as an engineer is helpful for me since I am more attuned to logic and facts than intuition and feelings. I appreciated the fact that in Bruce Moen's first two Voyages book he was always conscious of the possibilitities that what he was sensing or feeling weren't objective but attributable to subjective interpretations. In scientific research, that air of doubt must always exist, otherwise such research falls to the wayside. That ubiquitous doubt is what makes us, what makes Bruce Moen, always mindful and precise in his observations and conclusions.

Along the lines that I now read Bruce Moen's works, I also have added My Big Toe (written by Dr. Thomas Campbell) to my reading list. Campbell's background is that of a trained and practicing physicist. What better backgrounds than an engineer and a physicist to have to delineate the vagaries of altered consciousness? One could not have asked for better observers.

Bruce Moen's fourth book, Voyages to the Father, alludes to observations bordering on Chaos Theory. Years ago I had the opportunity to invite Dr. Benoit Mandelbrot, through an assistant dean at the biology department of the University of Illinois, to conduct a seminar. I missed that opportunity and regret it to this day. Seldom do we have the chance to visit with greats minds of our generation.  Mandelbrot and the recently departed Edward Lorenz were giants in the field of Chaos Theory and fractal studies. Bruce Moen's observation of the existence of his Disks ... behind one were others; Bruce Moen went eight levels deep to discover the all-knowing god, so to speak. I use Elliott Wave theory to analyze wave structures in the market place. Elliott Wave's implied validity is the existence of smaller waves within waves, a fractal bifurcation component of Chaos Theory.

Yes, I will be glad to report my thoughts and experiences as I get into the practicum of the Guidebook to other members of this board.  Other members will find my perspectives enlightening and unique.

Ronny

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 12:25am

Great books eh..   Btw, astrology is likewise similarly explained in the Cayce readings long before Bruce wrote his books, except that Cayce's source greatly expanded on the concept of astrology in a much broader way than Moen.

I've come to see astrology as kind of a quantum cosmic map or clock, outlining prior indications and consciousnesses, as well as future probabilities.  It doesn't really "cause" anything, but is like a cosmic clock that indicates or REFLECTS symbolically consciousness enmeshed in matter.  

It is a vast study, and relates to many, many subjects and conditions in the Earth.   It is the very study of vibration, relativity, and spiritual developement itself.  

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 11:41pm

Quote:
 Great books eh..   Btw, astrology is likewise similarly explained in the Cayce readings long before Bruce wrote his books, except that Cayce's source greatly expanded on the concept of astrology in a much broader way than Moen.

I've come to see astrology as kind of a quantum cosmic map or clock, outlining prior indications and consciousnesses, as well as future probabilities.  It doesn't really "cause" anything, but is like a cosmic clock that indicates or REFLECTS symbolically consciousness enmeshed in matter.  

It is a vast study, and relates to many, many subjects and conditions in the Earth.   It is the very study of vibration, relativity, and spiritual developement itself.  

I'm creating my own approach to obtaining an altered consciousness. When I took the Gateway program at the Monroe Institute I did not accomplish much of anything. I attributed this mainly, in retrospect, to my lack of achieving a relaxed state. One attendee made it a point to have a complete one hour massage every day while he was at the institute. This helped him achieve a relaxed state and he was able to find some results from the program.

Well, now that I'm plodding through Bruce Moen's Guidebook, I'm working on the relaxation and energy building chapters. I also have changed my Monroe Hemi-Sync approach a bit. With the Monroe approach I was laying in the CHEC unit, and I always clicked out. Per Bruce Moen's suggestion for relaxation, it is better to be sitting up for the reason that laying down will induce sleep more readily than sitting up. I've been sitting up to conduct the Bruce Moen relaxation exercises AND moving over to one of the Hemi-Sync tapes while still sitting up! This has helped me from clicking out by sleeping during the tapes. I haven't gone through the whole process of listening to ALL Monroe tapes while SITTING, but I am feeling and sensing more awareness sitting rather than laying down.

At the same time I've stopped drinking coffee. I stopped in the middle of last month a habit that I've had for the last 30 years. Migraines and headaches, sluggishness, sleepiness, are symptoms, but my sleeping has been longer. With coffee I would sleep about 4-5 hours and then wake up for a day of work. Now, I sleep about 5 hours, but can go back to sleep for another few hours without any problems.

I haven't read all of the astrological works by Cayce, but have some. I don't know what his complete writings were so I can't tell whether or not I'm missing more. But the interpretation by Bruce Moen was impressive.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 1:52am

Hi Ronny,
 Yes Bruce's work is definitely very impressive and in many respects, and much more accessible than Cayce's and even The Monroe Institute.  To me, it is kind of a shame how much TMI charges for their first programs.  

I also took the Gateway Voyage program.  I really enjoyed it, though it was nothing really "new" to me.  I went into it with very little expectation and attachment, and a lot of heart/mind openeness.   So yes, relaxation is definitely a part of it, but also our attitudes, beliefs, and expectations.

Bruce's techniques, once one gets past the whole "is this real" issue, are great because well they are more simple and accessible in nature.  I can't say enough good about what i sense about Bruce Moen and his work.   I just wanted to point out that there are some interesting parallels and similarities in these two, otherwise very different, works. 

Good luck with your journey and good job on the practice and on laying off coffee.  A balanced, healthy body is a happy body, and a happy body lends itself better to nonphysical exploration and developement...
 Practice is also a big part of it, so i keep getting.  I don't do enough of it myself, but i'm not all that attached to having nonphysical experiences etc. anymore.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.