Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Other life stuff, intuition/guidance, or coinciden (Read 4307 times)
Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Other life stuff, intuition/guidance, or coinciden
Dec 4th, 2008 at 4:27am

Had a somewhat interesting experience the other day, if only for the unexpectedness of it all.  

I recently met a guy around my age outside of a grocery store, and after talking a bit, i decided to say "hey, why don't we hang out sometime", he agreed and we shared contact info.  A very nice, amiable, intelligent, and conscientious seeming kind of guy.

Scheduling was a bit of a barrier, but he invited me to a post (but related) Thanksgiving dinner at his place.  My wife also came with me.  There was a few other people there besides my new friend and B&J CO.  
We decided to play a game of guessing each others middle names, we each would get 3 tries for each person.   My friend didn't strike me as an unusually intuitive person, and in general the group outside of Becky and i were more on the intellectual and yellow energy side (hence we felt a bit out of place, but enjoyed the humor and playfulness of the group).  

Anyways, i have a fairly unusual middle name (at least for an American born anglo/celtic boy), and did mention this very general clue to begin with.  

When other people were trying to guess my M name, i of course was thinking of my actual M name.   Trying to "help out" by projecting it.  

When it came to my new found friend, on his first try he blurted out "Ra", and then elaborated about the Egyptian Sun God figure called Ra.  Well, that's definitely an unusual middle name and definitely not my middle name, but it's a name that i've given much thought to in the past (but not much at all lately).

So i've kind of wondered, was this just an odd coincidence, or a deeper synchronicity/intuition and/or guidance type event?   I certainly wasn't consciously thinking of any other life stuff at the time.

It just seemed so out of place and unexpected at the time.  In any case, i'm probably focusing too much on self and should let it flow in and then out.  And perhaps i should just stop doubting.

IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Re: Other life stuff, intuition/guidance, or coinciden
Reply #1 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Justin--- two names came to me while I was reading this: Alexander/Alexandra and Manford. (could be Al and Manny!!! LOL)
Anyhow-- If you had in the back of your mind the name RA-- then it would certainly "come out".  My husband and I have been saying whole sentences together for years. We sometimes "blow the minds" of people around us.  My grandson just laughs now and tells his friends that his grandparents do that all the time.

I use to be able to tell my parents what Christmas gifts I was getting as they were handing me the wrapped gift. That's because they were thinking in the back of their minds "Carol will really like this picture or blouse we got her".  They projected the thought into my mind and I picked up on it. Everyone has some intuition or hunch or "a feeling".  We just have to be "in tune" with the host who is delivering the thought.  Haven't you ever thought to yourself "Gee, I haven't heard from so-and-so for a long time. I wonder how he/she is?" Then out of no where, your folks ask you if you have heard from so-and-so? Or a friend of  a friend calls or emails you from no where and tells you some news about so-and-so?  You sent out the thought to ALL who had some contact with that person, and the message got through. Now you are receiving the answer, "out of the blue". 

You went into your mind game with an open mind and so did your new acquaintance. Henceforth, he was able to reach into the abyss and get the name RA.

---cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 10:52pm

I had "Estonia" come up twice today...once on the old rock and roll radio station, once when my last customer of the day was telling me where the weird brand of tea bags came from (her husband had brought them back from there).

I mean, it's weird enough for Estonia to come up twice in one day anyway - and then for it to be in such weird ways...strange connections.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:09pm

I remember Justin, you once had "Ra" as a part of your board name here, wasn't it "PhoenixRa"? Definitely odd your new friend guessed it.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:55pm

Hi Justin,

I hope you'll have more opportunities to talk with this fellow! One incident isn't really alot to go on, but I agree with Spooky, that since you've used the avatar name of Ra, there could be a connection there.
It's not everyday you end up meeting a stranger and get invited to their home, I suppose.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 4:13am

Thank you for the replies everyone.  I will get to them individually tomorrow (or at least try).

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:12am

identcat wrote on Dec 4th, 2008 at 2:41pm:
Justin--- two names came to me while I was reading this: Alexander/Alexandra and Manford. (could be Al and Manny!!! LOL)
Anyhow-- If you had in the back of your mind the name RA-- then it would certainly "come out".  My husband and I have been saying whole sentences together for years. We sometimes "blow the minds" of people around us.  My grandson just laughs now and tells his friends that his grandparents do that all the time.

I use to be able to tell my parents what Christmas gifts I was getting as they were handing me the wrapped gift. That's because they were thinking in the back of their minds "Carol will really like this picture or blouse we got her".  They projected the thought into my mind and I picked up on it. Everyone has some intuition or hunch or "a feeling".  We just have to be "in tune" with the host who is delivering the thought.  Haven't you ever thought to yourself "Gee, I haven't heard from so-and-so for a long time. I wonder how he/she is?" Then out of no where, your folks ask you if you have heard from so-and-so? Or a friend of  a friend calls or emails you from no where and tells you some news about so-and-so?  You sent out the thought to ALL who had some contact with that person, and the message got through. Now you are receiving the answer, "out of the blue".  

You went into your mind game with an open mind and so did your new acquaintance. Henceforth, he was able to reach into the abyss and get the name RA.

---cat

Hi there Cat,

Thanks for the reply.  Hmm, dunno what those two names mean.  I know what you mean when you're thinking of something and other people pick up on it.  My wife and i do it to each other all the time, and also sometimes with my good friends as well.  

The weird thing was, that if this name was in the back of my mind, it was really far back in the back of my mind.   And at the time, i was concentrating consciously on my actual middle name and trying to "project" that.   Someone, the next person after my new friend incidentally did sort of pick up on my middle name in a roundabout way, in that they guessed a Greek name, and my middle name is Greek. 

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:21am

spooky2 wrote on Dec 7th, 2008 at 10:09pm:
I remember Justin, you once had "Ra" as a part of your board name here, wasn't it "PhoenixRa"? Definitely odd your new friend guessed it.

Spooky

Yup, and good point Spooky.  That was awhile ago.  It's possible that my friend, visited this site long ago, saw that name, and perhaps i had a recognizable pic of myself up then, and then years later connected that name to me because of that. 

While possible, i do doubt it because he doesn't seem like the kind of person that would really check out a site like this, especially not in any deeper kind of way.   I'm pretty good at reading people when i meet them, and i got a very strong intellectual vibe from him, and got a lot of yellow, and yellow orangey emanation in connection with him.

I have a feeling he would be quite skeptical of, and all in all not that interested in a site like this beyond perhaps a passing curiosity at most.   His friends were all pretty similar in that regard so i sensed.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 12:31am

Thanks Bets, and yeah i hope so too (as far as talking to him some more). 

He actually struck up a conversation with me, because of his curiosity in the vehicle i was "driving" at the time. 

It was/is an "E bike", a mountain bike with an electric motor and battery pack attached.   He said he had never seen one of these before, and definitely not around these parts (fairly red necky all in all). 

It was obvious to both of us at the time, that we were both more "liberal" minded than many folks that live in the area (quite a few were big McCain supporters). 

Like i told Spooky, yeah certainly there is a possible connection with him guessing that name, and me having had that name avatar a long time ago, but all in all i doubt it because of the strong intellectual and "grounded" vibe that i get from him, and i doubt he would have much interest in a site like this. 

But who knows?   It just fits in with A LOT of info that i've gotten over the years from various sources, concerning my Disc "history" so to speak.   From dreams, to other sensitives sharing info, to meditation info, other synchronistic and strong "coincidences" with various other people, etc.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #9 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 9:29pm

I'm pretty sure you didn't have a photography up when you "were" PhoenixRa.

Spooky

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:24am

Thanks for the reply Spooky.  I honestly don't remember all that well, but do remember that i went a long time without having a pic of me up.  I don't know why i keep doubting the info i've been getting over the years, but i do.   

And i go through these cycles of not thinking much at all about it, and then another unexpected confirmation or suggestion pops up, and then i start thinking a bit too OCD about it for awhile, and then again i pretty much forget about for awhile again.  I wonder if i completely accepted it, would i stop getting these unexpected events?

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 9:48pm

Maybe not completely, but it would happen less frequently I guess. In my experience, once I become aware of such an event (mostly synchronicities), this triggers further my awareness to be more attentive to this kind of occurings, and then they come almost in a row. The thing is, sooner or later my attention to this kind of things will decrease again, I think it has to do with the fact that there are no categories where these occurings really fit in, like a pattern which would show a path where these occurings lead to, you know there's not an obvious meaning to this, so at some point I start "sleeping" again.

Spooky

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 6:54am

Hello Justin,

Justin,
http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/re.htm

Re (Ra) was the Egyptian sun god who was also often referred to as Re-Horakhty, meaning Re (is) Horus of the Horizon, referring to the god's character. The early Egyptians believed that he created the world, and the rising sun was, for them, the symbol of creation. The daily cycle, as the sun rose, then set only to rise again the next morning, symbolized renewal and so Re was seen as the paramount force of creation and master of life. His closest ally is Ma'at, the embodiment of order and truth.

Maybe is was picking up your character, instead of your middle name, in that you are very creative and you only like to associate with people of truth and order.

What do you think about that?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 12:48am

Hi there Alan,

Very well could be possible, and thank you very much of thinking of and regarding me in that manner.   Even if my not so great and non spiritual moments (which i still have plenty of), i'm always at least sincere in my relations with others. 

According to a source that i've studied and resonate to more than not, there is a lot of actual history behind what later became the Egyptian mythology.   

According to this source, there was born an unusual personality named Ra Tah, some 13, 000 years ago, who was a spiritual teacher and healer (and rather psychically sensitive).  He was particularly effective in holistic healing, having to do with getting rid of genetic throwback traits of animal-human mixtures of which Bruce recently somewhat referenced too when talking of a supposed Atlantis.   

He gave a lot of self in service to others, but unlike Yeshua, did not hold fully and wholly to the Whole of the Law, or in other words was not completely God realized like Yeshua, and still very much had failings.   Some of those failings and non constructive tendencies, led to much strife and drama which negatively impacted a lot of people. 

A kind of wounded healer who came close to fully realizing his full potential, but as they say, close but no cigars.  Anyways, after this personality left the scene physically, later on he became deified, somewhat unrealistically, and also even more later became representative more of impersonal principles, laws, and creational archetypes similar to what you related.   

And yes, Ra, or Re has long been associated with the Sun.  Even that source i mentioned, strongly associated the actual historical personality with the Sun, and said that he entered into the physical dimension, from the nonphysical dimension which corresponds to the outer Solar Form (of which it called or related to the concept of "infinity", or the "infinity forces").   In our little system, the Sun represents the fastest vibrating consciousness of all the Planets (a golden light spiritually, but not the Whole, NOT the pure White Light).   

Anyways, as grandiose and delusional as i know it probably sounds to most out there, i've gotten repeating information that associates my Disk and its history with that personality, and to the above psychic source.  This latest suggestion is by itself, a rather weak and not convincing one, but when taken in combo with many other of my experiences, dreams, etc. it fits into a larger puzzle set which strongly suggests certain things. 

As mentioned, i really don't think much about it anymore, until something like the above again pops up unexpectedly in my life. 

My hunch is that it popped up, because some of my current activities, are paralleling certain ones in that life, and these have to do with karmic weakness tendencies, particularly related to my sexual nature.   That was one of the major downfalls of Ra Tah (who later changed his name to just "Ra" to more closely match vibrations with the Sun), was his sexual desire nature, and that he focused too much on same at times, and not enough on pure Spirit. 

I keep getting in this life, that i should ultimately be celibate, or at least highly disciplined in that area of life, not because sex is morally wrong or anything, but because that is powerful energy which when channeled in a disciplined manner (and not constantly dissipated through sex), is a powerful catalyst to greater and quicker awakening when combined with living a PUL oriented life.  Yet, as said of old, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."   I'm having a hard time fully transcending that part of myself--hence the correlation with the other personality in my Disk, whom i seem to have come in with a very strong energetic of.   

Btw, this source i've mentioned could be taken more seriously because of various verifications over the years, like saying that at one point long ago, the Nile flowed in a completely different direction than in known present history.   I'm sure most people scoffed at info like this, until deep satellite imaging/probing showed that indeed there is an ancient, very large river system connected to the Nile, but which flowed in a very different direction.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #14 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 3:15am

Justin,

What an interesting post and confirmation that the RA RE energies and influences flow in your life.

So it was no coincidence of chance that made your friend say Ra instead of you actual middle name.

All this goes to show the great interconnectedness of all things

Take Care

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.