Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How do you know that C-1 is not just a BST... (Read 7667 times)
Lucy

C1
Re: How do you know that C-1 is not just a BST...
Reply #30 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 1:42pm

Quote:
I have explored what Bruce calls the BSTs, and found several almost indistinguishable from C-1, and they also seemed (to use that term) real to the extent I could feel the sun on my cheek (sun? cheek?) and hear birds chirping (birds? ears?). A Course in Miracles workbook starts with the lesson: Nothing I see means anything. Remember singing, "Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream?" Well, what I am saying is that life IS a dream.

This sort of touches on something I can't figure out how I want to think about. I always get stuck with the "fact" that this reality feels so real! If this is an assumption, it happens at a much deeper level than, say, assuming there is a money system. I don't know how to get beyond this being convinced by the evidence of my senses. Intellectually, I can, but experientially, I can't.

I was struck by something that Thomas-Mellon benedict wrote and I have seen expressed elsewhere. As he had an NDE, he realized:

Quote:
Being out of my body was even more vivid than ordinary experience. It was so vivid that I could see every room in the house, I could see the top of the house, I could see around the house, I could see under the house.

OK so there goes the criteria of feeling "real."

But I don't know how to choose to get to the place where Benedict was so I can experience for myself. It is comforting to me to think that, as real as this place seems, there might be a place that seems even more real. or is it a fallacy to confuse "real" and "vivid" in this context? (woops my intellectual side took over.  Grin  )

Now recently I was reading something else and the author was discussing methods of meditation. She spoke about using the technique of watching your breath because your breath is the one thing that you know will be there. (True as long as you are alive). That puts one back at the level of the senses for defining reality. But focusing on breathing is a time-honored technique. So I assume that means you can learn about what is beyond C1 by focusing on something that is intrinsically tied to C1.

This discussion isn't just an intellectual exercise to me. I'm always looking for practical applications. It seems useful to have a definition, or at least an agreement, about how C1 might basically differ from other realms. It does seem to be a scaffolding on which to hang our many other created endeavors. But sometimes it is diificult to say where the real limits are.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.