Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How do you know that C-1 is not just a BST... (Read 7671 times)
tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
How do you know that C-1 is not just a BST...
Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:52am

The other day while I was "out" exploring I came upon a BST which seemed indistinguishable from 3-D reality, what Monroe called C-1 consciousness. People there were rather living out fantasies rather than reality, and there was a lot of deception and selfish money-driven behavior going down.

And the thought occured to me, isn't that rather like C-1? How do we know this is not a BST we are stuck in...  after all it is a dream, an illusion. Are we in some hollow hell? It sure seems like it sometimes, no? And how would we know, at least until we awaken? Isn't that what we do when we pass from our illusionary bodies?

Thomas

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Re: How do you know that C-1 is not just a BST...
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 10:57am

Thomas,

Remember that there is a lot of other 'physical' reality like our. With differents rules and experiences. 

To know for sure that this is not a BST, I guess it takes more data and a lot of observations and experiences.

IP Logged

identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:11pm

TG--- explaine BST please. -- cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:40pm

The thing about our physical reality is that there are almost an infinite amount of beliefs held by residents here, some differing greatly, others very similar.  My understanding of BSTs is that all beings residing in them share the same belief, which is simply not the case here.  It seems the only beliefs shared on this planet are the basic ones, such as we are in a physical reality on a planet in a solar system, we are governed by the laws of physics, we are biological creatures alive for a certain amount of time, ect... The beliefs that make BSTs BSTs vary greatly here, making your theory rather unlikely.  But that would be crazy if it were true!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

ChaosSpirit

Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 2:16pm

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 1:40pm:
The beliefs that make BSTs BSTs vary greatly here, making your theory rather unlikely. !

This makes me wonder...what are the beliefs that make BSTs BSTs?It's impossible(isn't it?) for creatures who live in a BST to share the exact same beliefs on every subject.Aren't the 'basic' beliefs you mentioned before on your post perhaps all one needs to live in the same BST an another?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 6:14pm

I believe physical reality was purposely set up so it would have more solidity than the astral realms. This solidity provides a unique learning platform.  If this solidity didn't exist, we might as well stick to the astral and mental realms as a way of learning. When we return to astral and higher realms our minds play a bigger role in what we experience.  We vibrate/think ourselves to another location, rather than walk, drive, or fly to another geographical location.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 6:29pm

ChaosSpirit

Regardless of what dimension you travel, no individuals will have mirror image beliefs on every subject.  However, in the BSTs, there is at least one major limiting belief held by all which prevents further advancement, and this belief (or beliefs) will obviously differ from BST to BST.  The thing is, these BSTs are located in the nonphysical, and we are obviously in the physical.  Having the ability to project from our dimension to the dimensions of these nonphysical BSTs should be proof enough that we are not stuck in one of them, for we can move through each rather freely.  The basic beliefs I stated are necessary to have a meaningful experience here in this physical dimension.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:40pm

BST=Belief System Territory, invented by R. A. Monroe for nonphysical systems which attract (ex-physical human) persons of the same belief; used for more the closed-minded type of people/beliefs in difference to Focus 27.
-----------------------------------------------

I think you're right on alltogether. It's a question of defining the term I'd say. From a vantage point with a far outlook it would be appropriate to call our physical system a belief system, and from another viewpoint the more particular meaning of "BST" might be more appropriate.

My experiences of BSTs (now in the narrow sense) are not really extensive, but one thing I noticed: Nowhere in the BSTs which I came across, it's like here when someone leaves: The dead body. In most cases, I've seen people just disappear when they leave a BST, and as far as I remember in one case there only was a quickly fading shell/form of a left inhabitant. Any other observations of this?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #8 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:24pm

[quote author=spooky2 link=1226584327/0#7 date=1226626821]BST=Belief System Territory, invented by R. A. Monroe for nonphysical systems which attract (ex-physical human) persons of the same belief; used for more the closed-minded type of people/beliefs in difference to Focus 27.
-----------------------------------------------

Thanks, Spooky. I knew it was RA Monroe-- but it's been 10 years since I've read the books.  I'm getting rusty on all the acronyms.

This is how I understood the difference between C-1 and a BST (Belief System Territory).  As I am coming back from a meditation/subconscious or conscious travel, when I am aware once again of my surroundings--  that's the point at which I am now in C-1.
When I am traveling--- doing a retrieval  or IM ing  (imagining) or dreaming  that I am THERE --- I am in some type of a belief system. It may only be my belief alone, not shared with anyone else --- or sometimes I am visiting another being's belief. It depends upon the adventure at the "time". 
When I am phycically in another person's belief system-albeit a church, their home, their politics, etc, I am once again in C-1 but my "mind" or spiritual self may be, at the same instance-- in a BST.
Does that help at all?    Carol Ann

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 1:44pm

I believe the physical is ultimately a BST, though not quite the same as the usual nonphysical BST's.  

It may be helpful to think in terms of density/vibration differences and ranges, and Oneness against the play of individuality and differences.

The physical is the most dense or slowest vibrating dimension.  Pure Spirit or pure Source awareness is the fastest vibrating awareness, and really is dimensionless because it is All Inclusive, and that which all originally sprang from in awareness.  

Inbetween physical and pure Spirit are almost an infinite variation of shades, and ranges of vibration.   They are all connected though, and many of our Consciousnesses or "Discs" exist in the whole spectrum (some possibly don't) and the focus on one or the other, or on a combo, connects to the concept of time/space, especially when focussing on the slower vibrating dimensions.

The focus between any dimension or combo below that of pure Spirit sets up "relativity".  The slower vibrating the dimension one focuses in, the more time seems real and "set" or linear in nature.  Hence in the physical, in the slowest vibrating dimension, it seems the most "real", set, and linear in nature.

On the seemingly opposite spectrum, of matter and Spirit, well they both have unique properties as compared to the middle shadings of the various other dimensions (which correspond to what most call the "afterlife").  

Yet, i say "seemingly" because the physical, unlike Spirit, is temporal and thus really not a true "opposite".   It only seems that way temporarily.   All comes from pure Spirit, and eventually focuses completely back into pure Spirit.   That suggests that all the inbetween dimensions are ultimately illusionary in nature, because they are temporal in nature.  

That means or suggest they are all belief system territories of one or another, but because the physical is the slowest vibrating one of them all, it has unique properties, just as Spirit has unique properties compared to all the inbetween.   Course these properties of the seeming "poles" are rather different in nature.  

I believe the physical is both a creation of us erring Discs, but also with quite a lot of influence on part of Light beings who are now, fully and fully consciously working with Source and the purely Creative forces.    So, we manifested the extreme density or slow vibrating nature of the physical, whereas they have manipulated our reality to some extent, and perhaps are responsible for the unqiue properties of the physical awareness, and that unlike in the nonphysical, like doesn't immediately attract and beget like.  

I don't fully know the answer to the last question/thought though.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 2:18pm

Thomas, the same can be asked: Are we in a hollow heaven or a hollow physical body?  I say, yes. The paradox is: all three: hell, heaven and the physical are also a euforia. Most women who have birthed a child will say that the physical body went through a glorious hell to give birth to a enlightened child.  To me, the same would hold true once we discard the physical to enter another dimension.  Some spirits hold onto the "belief" that they need to be punished in the next dimension and create their own hell. Some, like the pope, will create the ultimate "religious" heaven. What's real here??
Justin has the best description of "shades" of reality. ---cat

The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 10:51am

Super thread, You-All ! (IMO  Smiley )

Thomas, can you go back there and seek out a city / grouping where there are landmarks that might correspond with sites we have here?  In other words, how closely would our BST mirror our C1? have you looped into a parallel place?

Is this 'comparison' causing trouble with our beleif systems?
I always thought it was 'others' that we visited.
If this is a truth being revealed now I believe that we are ready to hear it.

Thanks to All!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 11:53am

Good thread.  A couple thoughts I have...

One is, in a BST when someone just disappears as Spooky said, how do the other inhabitants there react to that?  In comparison, if someone here in this reality were to just disappear, imagine our reaction!

Another is, from my own experiences, I know that when I nonphysically travel, wherever I am very fully acutely consciously focused, that place becomes "physical" to me.  It feels physical in every way.  It all depends on how narrowly focused I am there.  (There are, too, nonphysical experiences that don't feel physical).  So, in a way, it might be easy to deduce that that is why physical reality, too, feels physical to us.  Because we are fully acute consciously focused here in this area of consciousness.  As a whole, we tend to give physical reality the credit of being a place that actually exists all on its own accord, and we just happen to be dropping by for a lifetime enjoying it here.  However, my belief is that this physical reality only exists because we make it exist, by our conscious awareness, belief, want, need, desire, etc.  It is here because of us, not for us.  Anyone have any thoughts on that line of thinking?

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

gordon phinn

toronto, canada
Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:04pm

Thomas,
i recall this theme coming up here a couple of years back, and i still feel the same.  C1 is a BST, and every astral plane is a hollow heaven once you've outgrown its parameters.
the only unchanging existence is the "uncreated"  "unmanifest" "radiant void" "godhead"  (take your pick of names), where we are points of golden light in a sea of golden light, blissed out with no desires or ambitions.
I believe the place you visited is one of the lower astrals, fairly dense and filled with egos chock and block with desire.  Were people flying there or doing any mental creation activity that you noticed?
Just curious.

best wishes, gordon

tgecks wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:52am:
The other day while I was "out" exploring I came upon a BST which seemed indistinguishable from 3-D reality, what Monroe called C-1 consciousness. People there were rather living out fantasies rather than reality, and there was a lot of deception and selfish money-driven behavior going down.

And the thought occured to me, isn't that rather like C-1? How do we know this is not a BST we are stuck in...  after all it is a dream, an illusion. Are we in some hollow hell? It sure seems like it sometimes, no? And how would we know, at least until we awaken? Isn't that what we do when we pass from our illusionary bodies?

Thomas

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 9:07pm

Gordon wrote: "where we are points of golden light in a sea of golden light"

I like that, perhaps I'll steal it from you.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.