Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why Fear? (Read 1932 times)
Bardo

Why Fear?
Nov 8th, 2008 at 2:24pm

Hi all,
This is my first post here, and I am very interested in all that I have read so far. I am 48, and all of my parents have died in the last few years. First my father in 2000, then my step-father in 2006, followed after a few months by my mom. While I have not had any of the validating experiences that most of you describe, I am open, curious, and beginning the necessary process that you all seem to be well along in.  My question: Why do I fear so strongly any phycical manifestation of the spirit world? Intellectually, I have not fear, but the opposite, a deep yearning to confirm my family's well-being and to gain real "knowledge".  Having said that, I jump at least creak of a floor board. How to reconcile my thirst for knowledge with my melodramatic terror of the unknown? Thanks for your input.

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Why Fear?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2008 at 11:09pm

Hi Bardo and welcome!

The fear of the unknown seems to be common among us all. How do we overcome it? There's lots of ways actually. One of them is to slowly explore what is unknown and make it known.

I highly recommend Bruce Moen's articles found on this website as well as the books he has written.

All the best,
Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

devayan

Australia
Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 3:20am

Bardo wrote on Nov 8th, 2008 at 2:24pm:
Hi all,
This is my first post here, and I am very interested in all that I have read so far. I am 48, and all of my parents have died in the last few years. First my father in 2000, then my step-father in 2006, followed after a few months by my mom. While I have not had any of the validating experiences that most of you describe, I am open, curious, and beginning the necessary process that you all seem to be well along in.  My question: Why do I fear so strongly any phycical manifestation of the spirit world? Intellectually, I have not fear, but the opposite, a deep yearning to confirm my family's well-being and to gain real "knowledge".  Having said that, I jump at least creak of a floor board. How to reconcile my thirst for knowledge with my melodramatic terror of the unknown? Thanks for your input.

I am so pissed off I just wrote you a long reply and I touched something on the computer and everything I wrote was gone!!!I can't go into again what I wrote...all I can say is that humans have a fear of the unknown..Keep in mind that there is the unknown and there is the unknowable.What you fear is knowable. So don't fear...Ask and you will find.What you find will be so much more rich than what others tell you.All that I have found of Truth I did myself through experience,not through what others told me.The on;ly thing that really matters is your personal experience of Truth.Your path to that is already mapped out.Go in to your deep self and find it.Success is assured.
Love Devayan

Awareness is the Divine Key
oilyrag5608  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:53pm

Quote Bardo: "Why do I fear so strongly any phycical manifestation of the spirit world?"

A physical manifestation of the spirit world is, at least for most people I guess, a scary thing. It would mess up the rules in the physical so that it would appear as unstable and uncontrollable.

I wouldn't call TMI's and Bruce's way a way of "physical manifestion of the spirit world", as it is a way of focused awareness/meditation. That way, all your experiences will take place inside the frame of this special consciousness state and won't evoke the fears which are connected to apparitions and such in the physical.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 3:40pm

Hello Bardo:

I believe people have fear of opening up to the spirit World because 1) their self defense instinct kicks in, and 2) whatever fear based concepts they have kick in, even if these concepts exist at a level that isn't fully conscious. An example of how overly active our self defense instinct tends to be, the reluctance one might have when it comes to doing something as simple as throwing out the garbage on a cold dark night.

I had some big fear issues to deal with; nevertheless, I went ahead and opened up to making contact with my higher self/spirit guidance. This has helped me tremendously. In a number of different ways they let me know that I don't have anything to worry about. If a person chooses to live according to love and light, this is his or her choice. If a person has good intentions when he or she reaches out to spirit beings, he or she will make contact with very loving beings. Even if an unfriendly spirit comes along now and then, one is always free to choose how one wants to live one's life. Share love with whatever being comes along, and you'll be okay.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 4:50pm

Quote:
"Why do I fear so strongly any phycical manifestation of the spirit world?"

The irony behind this statement is that all things in this universe are physical manifestations of the "spirit world."

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 5:50pm

I agree. Spirit World and Physical World aren't as separate as people sometimes believe. We are spirits even when we make use of a body.

I Am Dude wrote on Nov 10th, 2008 at 4:50pm:
Quote:
"Why do I fear so strongly any phycical manifestation of the spirit world?"

The irony behind this statement is that all things in this universe are physical manifestations of the "spirit world."

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:21pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:08pm

Hi Bardo, I don't know why you are afraid, but I remember that when I was a little girl I would 'imagine' that there was a big 'doll-person' sitting up on the shelf in my closet. I was convinced it was there, and it upset me sometimes at night. I didn't say anything about it to anyone. I also thought there might be something under my bed. But the closet was the thing -- I just knew there was someone in there.

I was always too scared to go check it out.

Silly of me.

love, blink

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:19pm

Bardo, I sort of presume you are talking of the "walking dead zombies" sort of thing. (of course I don't mean your family)I don't think you have to worry. Your far more likely to have good contacts, than bad. Most of the contact is in a spiritual way, not a phyical way. People see ghosts, they rairly shake their hands. I think part of why some people have fear is that they understand that the spiritual is very real, yet there is little understanding of it. Also, Hollywood had produced a large amount of movies that show a evil spirit world when the truth of the matter is that in most cases you will find any communication you can have is not with evil spirits at all. Friendly spirit movies just dont sell as many tickets as killer spirit movies. I agree with Kathy. Read a few of Bruce's books. Then go from there. If the interest is there...you will follow a path that takes you right to the place you need to go. You will get there not a second to soon, nor a second to late. In fact, those you spoke about may be leading you there right now. Give a try to that book.  
Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.