Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whats it like to die (Read 3336 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Whats it like to die
Oct 21st, 2008 at 8:32pm

I have been woundering about this for a long time.sense im getting up there when most people pass on,I was thinking about it.there are people that are younger than me who are gone.I sometimes wounder if im next.I not afraid to die,just woundering what to expect.George

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Re: Whats it like to die
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 8:41pm

A Zen master when asked what death was like by a student said: 'How the xyz should I know, better go ask a dead guy'.

I've often wondered about this too George, and I'm not in truth able to answer your question. But if teaching from some sources is anything to go by it may be that the death experience is not the same as OOB or NDE experience.

Quite how different it is is another matter, but one interpretation might be that the early stages are quite similar, but that subsequent dissolution (the separation of ego from awareness that some suggest enables the core self/awareness to review the life just completed) doesn't happen except in death.

But it's unclear whether this sort of stuff is based on real 'knowing', or is maybe instead more mythical in nature...
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:45am by N/A »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 11:03pm

I hear you, George. I'll be getting up there too -- with my memory as bad as it is, and getting worse, I should be disappearing entirely very soon. It's been nice knowing you, George.

Smiley

just kidding

Does anyone know the future, George? Not me.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 8:41am

What do you want for your future life, George?  ---if there is something in particular you want to happen, maybe it is best to focus on that. I think Bruce Moen has recommended doing this, and it's good enough for me.

love, blink

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 1:18pm

Hi blink.I would like my next life to be like the one I now have,except I would like a lot of changes made.George

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 8:32pm

What has your life been like, George? What would you keep and what would you change?

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 6:56pm

Blink,I have been spiritual sense I was 7 years old.And I would sit and lisson to preachers talk for hours.I always wanted to know more about god.I had my first vision when I was seven.I still want to know who I am.and you know I have 5 brothers and 4 sisters,and im the only one who is like that.One out of 10.strange is it not George

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 7:04pm

George,

While we are alive we must love life and enjoy in to the full

Death is a part of life and it will take care of itself so dont fret about

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 7:12pm

I would think it would be one of the most enlightening experiences of your life. Something to truly enjoy.
Joe

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 7:27pm

Smiley It's something I guess we all wonder about George, at least those of us open enough to go there. But there don't seem to be clear answers about. In the end there's not many experiences that match what we're led to expect.

Maybe it's another of those one day at a time issues. Sometimes we're better to stay with the 'now', to stay light about everything else.

I'd say many of us of a spiritual bent are alone in our family, that was my experience anyway. While I didn't have your abilities I spent many years suppressing what my heart was telling me...

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 10:20am

George and all,

Below is an interesting link that gives a few answers to your question

http://www.victorzammit.com/week2/

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE? What form are we going to have in the afterlife? Highly credible information transmitted from the afterlife states that, “… You will have all the senses that will enable you to recognize others. You will have the entire spiritual apparatus which is necessary to function in our world. You will have form, you will have shape, you will have individuality … What you must appreciate is that to you matter is solid and tangible, and spirit is shadowy an insubstantial. In our world spirit is the reality, is tangible and matter is the shadowy and the insubstantial. You do not have any of the apparatus to make you speak because you do not have to speak. All our communication is done by thought. We send our thoughts to one another and we are able to communicate as a result. Thought is a reality in our world. Everything that exists is created out of thought. And thus you can have whatever you deem necessary for as long as you want it ….” (S.B.).

JAMES VAN PRAAGH ON WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH? Top American medium James answers these questions:
Do Heaven and Hell really exist?
How do I get into Heaven or Hell?
Who will I see in the afterlife?
What will happen to me after I die?
Will I be able to see how people react when I die?
Will I come back to earth again after I die?
What's it like to be a spirit?
What's the life lesson you've learned from communicating with the dead?

RUSSIAN SCIENTIST RETURNS FROM DEATH AFTER 3 DAYS. Prior to his NDE Dr George Rodonaia worked as a neuropathologist. He was also an avowed atheist. However after being hit by a car he underwent one of the most extended cases of a near-death experience ever recorded. Pronounced dead he was left for three days in the morgue. He did not "return to life" until a doctor began to make an incision in his abdomen as part of an autopsy procedure. Watch as discusses how what experienced for himself transformed all his so-called scientific beliefs. (6 mins).

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 8:22pm

I like Hawkeye's answer. I would think that for some, we would feel a slight pop  as we leave the physical. For others, I think we glide. It would depend on how the physical died. My dad just said "I can't do this anymore" -- took a last breath and smoothly left his body--- no trauma, no theatrics. My mother had a friend, however, who kept taking seizures up until her last breath so I think her passing and leaving the body was more traumatic for her, as she left 2 young children behind and didn't want to let go.

So, to recap--- it will depend on the circumstances of the passing.--cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.