Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PLEASE HELP!!!! terrified of afterlife (Read 2638 times)
JustineS

PLEASE HELP!!!! terrified of afterlife
Oct 5th, 2008 at 7:57am

I have been suffering constant anxiety and panic attacks about the idea of living for eternity. The idea of time just going on and on with no end ever in sight is terrifying to me. I want to just try to enjoy my life, but I can't sleep at night and this thought of eternity just keeps filling my head to the point where I can't think of anything else. Has anyone else felt like this and is there any hope for me?! Or am I a case where eternity is horrifying to me and thus I will suffer forever?!

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!! terrified of afterlife
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 8:38am

JustineS wrote on Oct 5th, 2008 at 7:57am:
I have been suffering constant anxiety and panic attacks about the idea of living for eternity. The idea of time just going on and on with no end ever in sight is terrifying to me. I want to just try to enjoy my life, but I can't sleep at night and this thought of eternity just keeps filling my head to the point where I can't think of anything else. Has anyone else felt like this and is there any hope for me?! Or am I a case where eternity is horrifying to me and thus I will suffer forever?!

Personally for me I do not see any problem with it.
To live in such BLISS looks fantastic to me anyways.

Also the opportunity to learn/grow/share/love/etc will most certainly keep me 'busy'.

Remember...you will NEVER be alone.  There will always be someone(s) there to work/love/share/etc with you.

Now that doesn't mean you will not have any privacy.
If you desire that then you will have that too.

Try looking at it from another perspective.
Try looking at it without 'human eyes' so to speak... Smiley

EDIT: How thoughtless of me....Let me Welcome you to this forum.
You are most certainly welcomed and we all look forward to your posts/thoughts/ideas.....

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 8:47am

Hi Justine,

Welcome to this site!

I'm not sure how you got here ( to this life, not this site  Smiley if you haven't already been living 'forever.' Your soul is immortal--front and back, coming and going  Wink

Maybe there's something about this planet and its lessons that has upset you.  However, we aren't here forever, you know. Our souls go to many different planets/environments to learn many aspects of consciousness and energy use (our own, God's, etc, not public utilities.)

Since this is your first post I'm not sure how to answer you-- you can see I'm having trouble explaining myself. It would be easier to talk with you if we knew abit about you-- have you ever read Bruce Moen's work (this site's host), or about near death experiences (NDEs) of thousands of people who are so excited by what they visited in the afterlife?

We are fortunate to live in an age of communication where there is so much information available. Please click on the free articles listed above and get involved in learning about the afterlife. What you learn you will not fear.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 5:40pm

WOW, first time I've ever seen that fear expressed, most people fear dying or the idea of the end of a life, personally I hope my eternity goes on for... well for eternity lol.

And welcome to the forum Smiley

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 9:22pm

I agree, it can be terrifying to imagine my life would go on and on and on. But I think I have figured out why that is so.

It is when we don't consider change. The noun "life" can suggest to us "one and the same thing", and when this is extended endlessly it has something scary with it. But, in reality this isn't so.

You once couldn't write and read, how different that was! And earlier, you were a baby, and couldn't even understand language! And in the future it will be similar, different stages of being. It may be, here in the physical, when we get older, some of us start to rust and aren't that flexible. But physical death is like birth, it's a huge change. And in the afterlife, who knows what miraculous metamorphoseis we will go through. In this view, nothing stays forever. Except our memories, maybe, but even those will be seen in different light, depending on where and what we are in the moment.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Inventech5

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2008 at 10:07pm

I feel the same way Wink

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 2:02am

Hi Justine,

Have you ever been involved in some activity you really enjoyed, that was so engaging, so much fun that hours had passed by but it seemed like only minutes? This is what you are talking about. Why lose sleep over that?

Don't you think it would be better to focus on identifying and increasing the attitudes and activities that make time seem to "stand still" while here on Earth? You would then become a master of time instead of the other way around. I think your anxiety would disappear if in this way you could use your life to create "eternity" here within your present, instead of worrying what it might be like where you are not present.

It seems like all the worry and anxiety is creating something quite boring, and that usually feels like an unendurable eternity. It is the boredom that is doing this. Are you bored? You are not alone. Everything becomes boring after a while. It is how we deal with it that changes the perception of time.

As far as living for eternity - it is not going to happen. Everything that lives eventually has to die, so make the best of it. From one point of view, life is actually quite short.

- u

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 5:13am

Justine, you need to face eternity head on.

I suggest that you find some kind of 'hard core' meditation cd which gets your brain waves into a state in which you can experience a little bit of eternity, right here, right now.

There are other ways to do it...maybe just climb a mountain or two.

Eternity is just like a great view. No more, no less, in my opinion.

love, blink

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 2:25pm

JustineS, Many people look at the afterlife as a continuation of life as how it is on this planet, using time here as their reference point. The whole"everlasting life" thing, just isn't. Once you die and move on over to where you believe you are to be, it is unlikely that you will be watching your watch. A second there could be 10000 years on earth, or visa versa. I think people also relate their experiences here on earth to what will be the norm over there. Your unlikely to have the same experiences as you have them here. Life on earth can be tedious. Health issues of your own or of others that you love can cause issue. Money, work, and love. Lack of, or wrong type for instance. Many people say they don't want to come back and do "living" again. Now what about if when you die that you are filled with the most loving feelings, the most contented that you ever can be. More happy than you ever have been, more love than you ever thought possible...Then would everlasting existence be so bad? There will be an end to this life, as you now live it. Of that there is little doubt. Perhaps your thoughts about the subject of "living for eternity" is the  asking of yourself to find a proper direction because of the possibility of the shortness of time available for the lessons you need to learn, this round of your physical life experience. You will choose existence or no existence. No God, or anything else will impose everlasting life upon you. It just doesn't work that way. Even those that think that they will stand before their God and he(or She) will decide whats, what, or if they have been good enough to have an everlasting life, will learn that it is only up to them. No judge or jury to decide for them. I promise you this...once you do die and leave this existence, you will most likely desire to come back as soon as possible. As I said, only you will decide. Enjoy your lessons of this life. Enjoy the giving and the receiving of love. (And your time spent here looking around.)
Joe  

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #9 - Oct 6th, 2008 at 7:12pm

Welcome to the forum. You won't lack for answers here.
Last month I wrote about how the Jehova witnesses believed that eternity would go on and on and noone would get bored.
They believe that you first would start experiencing a blade of grass. Then you would go onto the next blade of grass, etc. on the entire planet.  Next, perhaps you would experience each pebble of sand on the beach, then perhaps each flower, each leaf, etc.  There would be no boredom because you would be learning with each encounter.
So my suggestion to help you is this: Everynight with out failure, take a small piece of paper, like a post a note, and wright one positive thing you would like to experience in eternity.  Say for instance, you say a car drive by and the tries were new and different. Just write down the word tire and post it on your bed somewhere, or under your pillow.  Then before drifting off, remember your quest: to fell what a tire would feel like; when it's raining, when it's hot out, when it snows, when it's up on a car lift, when the children are bouncing around inside the vehicle and you can hear their laughter, when the tire is on the highway on a rig with a huge load.

That will keep you mind busy for some time.  Then, put aside some 15 minute time in the AM and write down what positive feed back you can remember.

That's a good start -----

Next night, perhaps you watched TV.  Now write down TV and experience all the ways a TV have influenced you in a positive way since you were born.

I think you get the idea now. Good luck --- love and hugs-- cat

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2008 at 11:31am

Justine,

You have nothing to fear; only in the physical universe or world does the arrow of time flow with the subsequence cause and affect that frightens you.

There is no time in the afterlife you exist in any moment you like for as long or little as you like.

Think about this, you are now existing in a moment of time (here on earth) Does this moment you are reading my post frighten you or any other moment. When you are in a moment do you think about the very next moment and are you frightened of it? Of course you are not.

Heaven is just like that you just live in any moment. Linear time no longer flows; time is the enemy in our present dimension, not the next.

Unlike here you are in control can rest and reenter where you left off or enjoy and reality as long as you like. You jump from moment to moment. You are not caught up in some horrible eternity with no end and no beginning. There is simply no such thing over there.

You trust your travel agent and pilot when flying to another destination. And once there you put yourself in the hands of a tourist operator in a new country.

Well I have news for you; God is a better travel agent a better pilot and an infinitely better tourist guide than any you are going to find on earth

Go to bed have faith in God

Love

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.