Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What will you miss? (Read 5516 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

What will you miss?
Aug 23rd, 2008 at 4:32pm

Our stay in the physical is for but a time, and as a mazing as it must be to exist in the ental planes, certain aspects of conscious life just won't be the same, after we shed these bodies.  What will you miss about the physical world?

Matthew

IP Logged

george stone

Re: What will you miss?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 5:11pm

Hi doc.I think I would miss a nice woman and great sex.George

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:00pm

I'm not so sure we will miss anything because from my observations, what we call non-physical reality only appears to be non-physical while we are in this reality. I suspect that the non-physical once we shed the body will appear just as physical as the world we live in now with the main difference being that we will have less limitations because there are different laws governing other dimensions/worlds.

However, if I had to choose one thing that I would miss, it would be watching a thunderstorm as it rolls in... the dark bellowing clouds, the light show of lightning, the rolling sound of thunder and the smell of rain mixed with freshly mowed grass.

Love, Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:10pm

I agree Kathy. (BTW: you are very wise)
I do not think we will 'miss' anything.
In fact we can conjure up what ever we want while in the spirit world.

Food, Smells, etc... I believe we will be busy though.
Taking 'classes' and working within our Soul Groups/Families.

I even believe we can come down to Earth and 'play' if we want as well.
We will still be in spirit form but, we can enjoy/appreciate Earth probably even more so then now.

I look forward to it.....again. Wink

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:35pm

I respectfully disagree.  From my experiences, there are certain aspects of life on earth that are not possible to experience if you are not incarnate.  Swedenborg speaks of this, when he writes of his extensive conversations with dead people.  He finds that certain notions such as linnear time and certain physical concepts have no spiritual equivalent, and thus puzzle those in spirit he was speaking with.

That is not to say, that we can not create wonderful things in a mental, nonphysical plane, only that there will be aspects about being a physically living human being that are not present, that we either forget (since there is no equivalent), or miss. 

For those who believe in reincarnation, let us not forget that there is supposedly a seductive pull to reincarnate based on the illusions of and seductions of the flesh and physical world. 

I think I will miss my kids coming into bed to snuggle late at night.  The perfection and bliss that comes along with the pain and suffering.  The camraderie of playing music in a physical band.  The taste of chocolate......

Matthew

IP Logged

Rog_B

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 10:27pm

Doc-

Good question.  I think your question could work in reverse; i.e. it could also be posed to someone on the other side who is getting ready for an earthly incarnation in terms of what they would miss when leaving their realm.

As for me, I would miss watching college football games.  And of course the joy in children's faces on Christmas morning.  And the aroma of coffee being brewed.  And the first sip of a perfectly mixed, ice cold martini with a fat olive on the bottom and the oil of a lemon peel shimmering on the surface.

Not to mention that tomorrow my wife returns after being away for a few days.  We both know exactly what we will be doing as soon as I get her home from the airport.  So yeah, I'll definitely miss that!

But the bottom line is that I'm slowly but surely coming to the realization that all of us are profoundly lucky in being given the gift of life no matter where we might be existing at any given time.  I need to be far more mindful of that magnificent gift.

IP Logged

Petrus

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 11:42pm

I don't think I'd miss anything in terms of sensory experiences, because you can get any of those in a BST anywayz.

The only thing I can think of that we don't have in astral space which we do have here, (and this is something Bruce talks about in the story Max's Hell) is the ability to positively influence a wide and diverse group of people in a level playing field.

That seems to be what the purpose of C1/the ELS is from a developmental point of view.  Astral space is compartmentalised; people are either in F27, unaware of anyone in F23, or mentally locked up in a construct in the BSTs.

To mention two fictional examples, taking advantage of this key characteristic of physical reality is something which Ebenezer Scrooge didn't do, and which Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) did.

If we can touch people's lives Here, we can potentially prevent them from ever needing to be retrieved There. 

I wondered why the Helpers couldn't do whole retrievals as well like we can, and I think that is the answer.  Helpers aren't allowed to do it because they're dead themselves.  So even in astral space, we're possibly only allowed to interact with a large number of different groups while we're still physically alive, because we're given the ability to do that here as well.  If the dead were allowed to retrieve their own relatives, none of the illusions of any of the BSTs would be able to survive.  Hence, we only can influence others in any way while we're alive.

This is something I urgently need to remember more myself.  Carpe Diem.  C1 is the only place we're able to (to quote William Shatner) make a difference...and that's why it's so important.

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 9:46am

I don't know that we'll necessarily miss the physical *sensations* per se - I think we can reproduce those if we want to.  I think the main thing we can't have is the uncertainty that adds value to the good things...the rush when you ride hell for leather over heavy timber and come out in one piece, the little bit of "hope I make it!" when you head out into the wilderness backpacking, or down a white water river, that sort of thing.  That can't be reproduced in a place where thought is reality beyond our physical laws.

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 5:25pm

Lights of Love wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:00pm:
it would be watching a thunderstorm as it rolls in... the dark bellowing clouds, the light show of lightning, the rolling sound of thunder and the smell of rain mixed with freshly mowed grass.

Love, Kathy

Wow, this is exactly what I love so much... A++ Kathy...  There is nothing on Earth better then this to me... Love it. Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 7:14pm

I believe that my consciousness in the afterlife contains every iota of my experience here, so there will be no need to "miss" anything. I will be able to relive every moment of possibility and experience. Not only that, but I have friends there, who are happy to share with me their own experiences. There will be nothing lacking, nothing to miss. Each moment of actuality and possibility is enhanced/magnified beyond comprehension in the afterlife realm. What we feel here on earth as moments of gratitude becomes large beyond measure in the afterlife. At least, I suspect it is so.

love, blink

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 8:18pm

I can tell you what I won't miss.  I won't miss all the noise Tongue. Man made sounds sometimes go right through me-- the motor vehicles, the sound of electricity going through the house, my grandson's loud, obnoxious, horrible music he plays about killing, rapeing, swearing. I won't miss the hate in the world that others are so quick to display. I won't miss the thousands of years of wars, politics and religions that have hindered the growth of human beings. When I make the transgression (that is exceeding my earthly bounds) in the ether, I suspect that I will be able to love my grandchildren in a spiritual way, not being able to physically hold them in my "no longer existing" arms. Instead, I will be able to love them by passing trough their physical bodies and merging with their spirits. I feel sadness that I can't be here for them as they grow older. When they are my physical age now, I will be long gone--- physically. But, I know that I will always be a part of them.  I miss my brother and father who have already passed. However, I feel their presence whenever I think of them.  It is a bitter-sweet feeling.

We are sent to the physical realm to learn lessons that can only be learned while instilled in this physical shell.  But, I long for  my "HOME" in my spiritual realm where there is such a knowledge and freedom of self and oneness with ALL that have no earthly word to discribe it.

I will miss the physical blog called the Afterlife Knowledge--- and my dear friends here.  I will send messages to all of you who are not with me in the ether --- from there.  Roll Eyes

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Petrus

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 11:52pm

I'm noticing that most of the things people are talking about in terms of what they'd miss here, are sensory experiences.  As Bruce mentions, we can experience all of those in the Afterlife; any of them we can imagine.

In some of the dreams I've had where I think I went There, not only was I able to have sensory experiences, (eating food, wading in warm seawater on a beach, among others) but they were actually stronger and more vivid than what I experience while I'm awake; colours were deeper.

So don't think that things like a thunderstorm or the taste of chocolate are things you're going to lose; from what some of us here have experienced, you'll still be able to have all of those things whenever you want to. Smiley

...&&eMule : Welcome to Aquarian society.

IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #12 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:14am

So will I get the chance to conduct orchestras and make original music on my synthesisers as I do now in the afterlife?
(and yes, I am being serious)

David.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #13 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:34am

David, I will be in a front row seat!  You will be able to conduct, write and play music of every varity--- and it will be heavenly!! Grin-- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

detheridge

Malvern, Worcs, U.K.
Reply #14 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:12pm

Hi Carol Ann, many thanks for that -I'll see you there! Cheesy

And my cosmic synthesisers won't go breaking down on me occasionally like they do here!  Sad Tongue Embarrassed

Best wishes,

David.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.