Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Does afterlife really exist?

« Last Modified by: Still_Living on: Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:50pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Afterlife - is it real? (Read 6874 times)
Still_Living

Canada
Afterlife - is it real?
Aug 30th, 2008 at 8:05am

Greetings all... Your input please  Roll Eyes
Regards,
SL

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Re: Afterlife - is it real?
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 3:02pm

To summarize: I think the afterlife is as real as what I believe is real.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 6:07pm

Member unknown wrote on Aug 30th, 2008 at 3:02pm:
To summarize: I think the afterlife is as real as what I believe is real.

Sonia

As of now my answer is "Most likely YES it does"... and it does exist regardless of our beliefs. However the appearance (environment or what one actually percepts after crossing over) may vary depending on Belief System.
This is my vision of the subject. Hope to progress to "Yes, I KNOW it for sure" in future.

Regards,
SL

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:16pm

I had the priviledge of watching about 80% of the people in a Japanese language workshop gather a huge body of verifiable evidence.  One of them was a judge and I was so happy to see her succeed in gathering the evidence and weighing her results. 

Bruce

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:30pm

hi Bruce, I'll bet you have tons of examples like the judge who got the evidence, because of all the seminars you've given.
I've come to believe it's only personal experience that counts after all as the basis for a belief system or faith.

it's funny I'm realizing it's not a person's profession that tells me who they are. I just met a singing judge. who'd a thought?  Cheesy

I didn't think judges had emotions or talents. silly me.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #5 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 10:49am

Greetings,

Since this poll was posted, I've been playing with the terms 'believe' and 'know.' Do we have to believe in order to know or can we know before we've believed?
They both seem equally important.

Does one really know if they don't have belief?

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #6 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 9:40pm

Bets, I've heard someone said: "I believe in knowledge".
It shows the difficulty to discern these terms from another.  There are two main ways of understanding these two:

1. Belief and Knowledge are on the same continuum. On the one side would be something like "Believing a little bit" which could be the same like to hold something for possible, and on the other side would be "knowing", meaning to be absolutely certain about something, or believing something to 100% .

2. Belief and Knowledge are something of different nature. Believing is always hearsay and preconception, while knowing is coming from direct experience.

I must say I don't know a means that would enable me to determine, if an opinion of mine is either a belief or knowledge. It happens that what we had thought was knowledge, turns out to be false, and then we call it a wrong belief, we believed to know, but we didn't know. That way, when we think we know something, we can say we believe we know, and in the same moment, we know we believe. And so, it's undiscernible.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 3:14am

I used to say "you must see to believe" but you must believe to see.

it seems to work both ways. seeing is believing, but to continue to believe makes one tend to see everywhere what it is they believe, or supporting evidence is everywhere.

like try buying a red volkswagon, when you wanted a blue one.
for the next 6 months everywhere you look you will see the blue one you really wanted! lol.

Is knowledge knowing? book knowledge I don't think is the same as being certain, like going through an experience is a different type of knowing, on a higher level.

you and I do some of the out of body stuff, or phasing. Remember when you met someone that you knew obe, how did you "know" you were really there? and not just a vivid dream?

the one clue I have to offer is that if you contact the person and they also remember being there, then you start to "know."
or you know that something is going to happen, then it does happen, but all you know in that instance is you stepped outside of linear time and experienced the same thing happening twice in a sense.
Smiley

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 7:19am

It is not something that can be scientifically proven but my Near death Experience brought me to a place of absolute knowledge that we do continue beyond this mortal abode/domain.

If we dont then nature god call it what you like has just played a cruel joke on us

It is interesting to note that the forum is not sure about the existence of the afterlife

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 12:25pm

I'm certain the afterlife exists. How precisely it is arranged is another matter.

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #10 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 1:28pm

To believe is from the "heart"/emotions.
To know is from the memory/experience.

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 6:47pm

hey Alan, I think it's good 64% of the poll agrees they KNOW.

that's a huge percentage. Smiley

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:03pm

It really is an extraordinary percentage, but reflects this group. I agree it is real, and I know for sure, but I find that the "structure" I encounter is different from Monroe's Focus levels or Bruce's descriptions.

So, as Joni Mitchell would say, "I really don't know Afterlife at all......"

But then none of us get out of here alive.

Thomas

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:56am

identcat wrote on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 1:28pm:
To believe is from the "heart"/emotions.
To know is from the memory/experience.

I like the way u put it Vee. shows where you are at. I figure the reason for a board like this is to put all our heads together and show each other the glimpses we get, as we perceive it through the consciousness exploration we undertake.
until the age of the internet, most of our experiences were kept to ourselves, and the people that had them were considered witches or freaks or crazy, and to some extent this still goes on, and then people think it's best to not even talk about such things that are uncommonly shared.
what I realized more fully, that if we Don't talk about it, we just bury the whole thing and never get a chance to expand on it by communicating the glimpses.

you're different because you say it's memory coming back. I do too, because memory after memory starts to tie in with deep seated behavior patterns I have, although the first initial glimpses into another life say, the temptation is to blow it off, then more and more people come forward, like Alan for example, has had that NDE, and I had similar circumstance that I was dead, and it turned out a spiritual transformation was casting out an old belief system I had outgrown, signifying the death of that belief system.

all the feelings were of death, but the reborn feeling was way worth the death throes! talking about the majesty of being embraced by the light, what we have no word for except that we call it God.

as I forgive, I am forgiven by God myself. it just keeps getting better nowdays to be able to share our incredible adventures here.
the only drawback to be studying what death is and how it is arranged is another thing, as there are few definitions, save some NDE's which speak of the majesty of freedom from body constraint, and the love that is on the other side, we do have focus levels that Monroe outlined as a basis to look at, and go from there.

certainly nobody will be proving anything to anyone else, but the heart doesn't lie, and I say if your heart is into exploring these areas, follow it. who knows, maybe more memories will come just at the right time.

A lot of NDE folks really don't want to come back after they seen Paree! but the very thing that makes us want to stay there, love, is the very thing that makes us come back, love for our family members who want to be with us and would suffer should we leave.

I say this as my mother had an NDE also. there were guides she spoke she told me. So we know we have these guides. they told her she could come with them if she wished. it was up to her. suddenly either she herself remembered or she was impressed by them that she was leaving her firstborn, Joan, without a mother. so she told them I can't leave my daughter, she was only about 2 years old then. she went back into her butchered up body; an illegal abortion she was having long ago. it was not fun, but the right thing to do.

the thing we can't ignore, despite our lack of knowledge is the reference to guides, or helpers.
almost all of my encounters with my former mate were done with the assistance of guides listening in. and with other experiences, I have encountered these people who look quite ordinary, sometimes like a social worker might look, and they always pop up just at the right time to deliver a message, or smooth a situation out for me.

this is why I call it a benevolent universe, despite we have the appearance of troubled times. these people, guides, messengers, they inspire me to call it benevolence operating.
I believe you can see some of that love operating in the books we read right here.

in that case, ahem, no sense rushing the inevitable proof... Smiley

IP Logged

identcat

New Hampshire
Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:26pm

AS I wrote in another blog: This is my paradox: We ask to come here with all memory erased. Once incarnated, we try to remember what was erased.

Love and Light-- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.