Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Guy (Read 3120 times)
Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
New Guy
Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:51am

I just wanted to say hello.  I've been reading a lot of the Free Articles and posts to get a feel for this forum.  Most of the topics are what I believe or have experienced.  And 'no' there is nothing that is on here which is going to scare me off.

I have been to TMI having gone to Gateway in 1998 and Guidelines in 1999.  I had some amazing experiences before, during, and after those weeks.  

Unfortunately, I got away from it all due to not being able to find others to understand what I was going through.  Who knows?  Maybe it was all part of the plan.

Over a month ago, my wife and I started listening to our TMI tapes again.  The OBE's and experiences have returned and I've been looking for others of like mind to share with.

We been through a lot of medical issues, job losses, and trying to stay afloat in these 'interesting' economic times.  My background has been database administrator, systems analyst, programmer, radio announcer, stand-up comedian, actor, comedy writer, and playwriting.  I enjoy creative thinking and brainstorming.

We really love humor and having fun in life.  By the way, my username 'Buddy Love' is from 'The Nutty Professor' so I don't want to scare you off.   Cool

Dan

« Last Edit: Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:08pm by Buddy Love »  

"Hard work is for people who lack talent."  - George Carlin

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: New Guy
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 10:00am

Good morning Buddy Love / Dan !

Even though you're somewhat a newbie here, I see you've figured out a slight problem on the site--
people get caught up in the top posts and often don't have the time to work their way to 'lower' forums in the index, unfortunately.  Smiley

You have a fine way of sharing-- you combine the wisdom of experience with light and humor!
And you've had quite the experiences, I just read on the 'Point of Life' thread ! I'm in awe of anone who has gone through the range of life that you have. Every trail that's forged makes the going easier for others who also must find their way.
Much gratitude to you, Dan!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 1:06pm

Bets,

Thanks for the comments.

I know I'm no hero from the things we've been through.  There were a lot of 'Why me?" moments and some major pity parties - hats and all.   I even invited guests.   Cool

And yes, I've heard all the cliches, "Why not you?"  Or "You are in denial."  Even though people are trying to be kind to you their words can be like a dagger in your heart.

I would be the first to say I didn't want to go through the things we did.  I was happy with my life before things started.  It kind of irks me at times when someone says, "I really started to live after I got this illness."  I want to say, "BS.  Good you can have it - give me back my old life."

But like I said in the post to Nick - I have to even look at things now that I have even taken for granted from the last 12 years.  Like I have OBE's.  I know what the Afterlife is like.  It is great over there.  We have friends there.  There's nothing to be afraid about it.   I'm relaxed now.  I'm not brainwashed by religion, politics, corporations, the media, etc.  I haven't stopped learning.  I'm learning Jazz guitar.  I'm learning gourmet cooking and love baking.  Cold beer is a good thing.  (Coors Light)

I haven't stopped living.  I live like that old Marine Corp slogan, "Every day is a holiday and every meal is a banquet."

Dan

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 2:22pm

Welcome Dan. Good to hear that your explorations have told you that the spirit World is a nice place and we have friends over there. I've also found that we have friends over there, which isn't really far away, as long as you don't take any detours.

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 4:00pm

Thanks for the welcome recoverer.

Dan

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 1:45am

Nice to meet you Dan, and welcome.

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 2:01am

Thanks Justin.

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:01pm

Welcome to the boards, Buddy! I hope you'll find the stay a rewarding one. Smiley

One more season.

IP Logged

Buddy Love

Winston-Salem, NC
Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 1:40pm

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I've already found a lot of rewards so far and a lot of confirmations of things I've been through or experienced.  It is just amazing.

Dan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.