Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any helpful suggestions? (Read 1552 times)
Ken

Denver metro area
Any helpful suggestions?
Jul 25th, 2008 at 4:14pm

I've recently read through Bruce's Afterlife Guidebook and CD set and have had no trouble with the basic exercises of collecting energy, imagining scenes in my mind, etc.  But when it comes to actual contact with helpers and people to retrieve I don't really get a sense of real contact.  Anyone had any breakthrough moments they can share which might change my approach?

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Any helpful suggestions?
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2008 at 8:00pm

Hello Ken:

First of all I would say if it's meant to be, it'll be. It could be some energetic work might be required before you can help. I'm not talking about an energetic technique you would make use of, but energetic work your spirit guidance would carry out for you.  They know about your intentions, so perhaps they'll do what is necessary.

When I did retrievels in the manner Bruce speaks about, first I'd see the image of a person who was clearly in distress, their image would go away, I'd figure a retrievel was needed, I'd imagine myself speaking to them for a very short while, and suddenly I would find myself in like a waking dream and events relating to a retrievel situation would play out. After receiving a few verifications I figured more weren't needed, because I've come to realize that spirit helpers aren't going to waste your time with an experience that doesn't serve a purpose.

I don't help with retrievels in this manner anymore. I help in another way, but that's another story.

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 5:35am

Recoverer

You have arisen my curiosity... What is your current method of retrievals?  How does it differ from the conventional method(s)?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 9:47am

Hi Ken,

The two examples you gave of developing these abilities both rely alot on the output of your own will, I notice.
The next stages require input, a change in 'wiring' to a receptive mode. The process may take a bit of time, more time for those whose daily life requires alot of willfullness. (This 'process' is an addition, not a scrambling, and not a taking away of anything. It enhances all your other capabilities. )

'Setting your intent' to hear from a guiding spirit is like a well-worded general  invitation -- we offer it and then after making sure our house is in order, we sit back and relax while waiting for the guidance to arrive.
Intent may have to be set / thought of / repeated over some time.

Getting a response took about a month or so for me after I read the guidebook. Response wasn't what I expected because at first it came in dreams that held some archtypal info that helped set some symbols useful to what was to come.
Dream gateways often open first because that's when our conscious minds offer less resistance.

Another way that helped me get further is to try 'focussed imagination,' such as pretending to dialogue with Spiritual Guides, and then letting the guidance have more and more freedom in responding. For example, ask your guidance why they haven't directly responded to your involvement
  Smiley and see where it goes from there.

Much success in this!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2008 at 10:21pm

Ken:
Bets is right, and I'd like to add something.

I remember Bruce told helpers can appear in very differing forms. It hasn't to be something living, or something with form at all.

The other thing, if you still receive nothing, try to imagine a helper. How could a friendly and wise helper look like for you? Maybe it isn't a person, maybe you'd prefer an animal, or something different. Once you have created this helper in your mind, you can start a conversation with this helper and see what'll happen.
   What I think could happen is, this helper you created can function as a new means of perception for you, a sort of gateway through which you can send and receive messages.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.