Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Empty Dreams (Read 3669 times)
Inventech5

Empty Dreams
Jul 20th, 2008 at 2:52pm

Lately I've been having dreams which were empty, what could this be indicating?  Could this be my interpretation of death?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Empty Dreams
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 2:58pm

What do you mean, empty? Can you describe what you see, feel, hear, etc.? I've never heard anyone say such a thing before. I'm trying to imagine an "empty" dream.....

oh, this is going to bug me.....

love, blink

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 4:01pm

Sounds interesting. Could be you're getting into the sort of no time/no space zone (like focus 15) like I've a tendency to rest in while meditating  IT.

Is there light about? Any feeling or vibe?

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:09pm

Hi,

There is a state of mind that is a part of spiritual development that could be similiar to 'empty dreams.'  Bruce Moen calls it "Mind awake, body asleep." Have you read his thoughts on this?
It's a new awareness level that comes right before you move into taking your consciousness out of body. Nothing to fear. Rather celebrate your progress!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 8:36am

Smiley If this is what's going on in IT's as seems to be in my own case it begs some interesting questions as to the 'why'.

In my own I usually have no difficulty whatsoever getting down to a state where the body is gone. It usually deepens to the point where there's lots of light about, and a very loving feeling.

The sign on waking for me of having been there is that my fingers feel stiff like after sleep when I get back to c1, plus a more diffuse, more open sort of awareness.

But only at times do I experience visuals, and then usually for short snatches.

There's a separate state that does produce more visuals, but that's to me closer to sleep, and while often highly symbolic can cross over into the 'obviously recycling the day's stuff' type of dream.

I have got much better at staying conscious while sleeping - I've several times been amazed at how deeply asleep I actually was when I thought I was only lightly dozing while lucid dreaming.

It's like either there's barriers (fear?) that prevent certain states, or a habit of heading for certain other ones.

It'd be good to hear from you guys with more experience - why these tendencies, what's going down and what's to be done to open it up a little?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:28am

Yes Vajra,

I also remember well that state and my question/complaint then  "Is this all there is for me?!"   Huh

You may not feel a definable fear, perhaps only a caution or hesitation. But that can be enough to put you on another track at that moment.
Your beliefs and understandings might not make use of OverSouls, Spiritual Guides, etc, (thinking rather that it all is your own personal capacities that are developing), but as I recall it was appealing to such 'entities' that got me past this fork in the road.
When we get to these levels, our consciousness is merging with others anyway, eh? so if you allow that 'others' are helping lift you, it is now of little difference. You will be more than whole when you return.  Smiley
Another aspect of the needed (I believe) contact with your Oversoul/Spiritual Guide is that the slight difference in sharing responsibility with such a teacher is enough to allow one just a bit more relaxation...and whoosh! that becomes just the difference that is needed.

So, Dear Inventech and Vajra, I'm suggesting to dialog with your OverSoul/spiritual guide in a respectful way about meaningful aspects of your spiritual journey. 'It' will then be better able to determine in what ways your development can best proceed.

Much success!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Inventech5

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:55am

Quote:
Sounds interesting. Could be you're getting into the sort of no time/no space zone (like focus 15) like I've a tendency to rest in while meditating  IT.

Is there light about? Any feeling or vibe?

There is no light, and no feeling or vibe.  All I can do is look around and see darkness nothing else.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 10:14am

Are you waking from the dream and remembering this? How is this dream occurring?

The closest I can relate to this is a dream in which I awoke in a darkened room, which was my own. I walked around and found a digital alarm clock, my own. The room was dark and bare and strange and I ended up walking out of the room into a hallway where there was light, and actually, I met some light beings there.  I think I was OBE, now that I've been on this board as long as I have.

Perhaps you are being prepared to have an experience.

love, blink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:51pm

Perhaps your higher self/disk is trying to get your attention. When this happens, you might try to make contact.

IP Logged

Inventech5

Reply #9 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 4:26pm

recoverer wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:51pm:
Perhaps your higher self/disk is trying to get your attention. When this happens, you might try to make contact.

How can I communicate with my higher self?

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #10 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 5:11pm

any emotion?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 5:41pm

I figure there isn't just one way. Dreams are often one way in which a higher self communicates.  Otherwise, thoughts, feelings, waking dreams, symbolic visual messages, out of body experiences, and a voice are amongst the ways our higher self can communicate to us.

One way is to try to expand your awareness with the intent of communicating. Sometimes people see a person, but such an image isn't what a higher self actually is. Mind to mind, heart to heart contact is more like it.  

Relating to your empty dreams, try to become conscious as one takes place and then set the intent to make contact.

When you communicate with your higher self it can be "very" clear that you are doing so, even though sometimes such contact might be with a guide.

Inventech5 wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 4:26pm:
recoverer wrote on Jul 21st, 2008 at 2:51pm:

How can I communicate with my higher self?

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:07pm

Thank you  for that Bets, I'll give it a try. A silky black background sounds like focus 10 (basic mind awake, body asleep) to me too IT.

Focus 12 (or wherever I end up on the F12 signal from TMI) is similar, but a bit deeper and with some more light around.

Focus 15 (ditto) adds more light, but takes on a slight rose coloured tinge and a feeling of love/bliss.

The light/higher energy builds from 10 as I get deeper - it's basically kundalini.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.