Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Controlling ghosts (Read 3935 times)
Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Controlling ghosts
Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:21am

Dear all,

This is something I nearly never hear about: but just as there are people who look good and aren't, so there are ghosts who look good and aren't.

How do you control you are with a good ghosts (especially when that ghost/spirit/entity gives important information to you)?

How do you know you are not being mislead?

This is very important to me.

I really need some advice on this topic.

Thank You.

Much love,

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Controlling ghosts
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:28am

Greetings Sonia,

What we do when meeting disembodied spirits is offer them PUL. (PUL is pure unconditional love.) That is usually what they want.

Even if they hadn't thought of it lately, all life seeks love, so giving it to them either gentles them or  Smiley it confuses them so much that they just dissappear.
PUL is like a radiance, like a mother gives her baby, or a child with a drowsy kitten.  It's acknowledging the good and innocence in others.
PUL is discussed more in Bruce Moen's books.

I've offerred PUL when I didn't think it would have an effect and it did. I've never questionned an onery spirit at length though, even when they're gentled by PUL. 

Life has will power. Controlling another being's will power isn't fully possible, IMO.
I wish I could offer you Moen's Handbook of the Afterlife so you knew where I was coming from because I can see I'm not answerring your question.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:58am

Sonia, I don't know that you can "control" being with "good" or "bad" ghosts. There are many things that happen, experiences which we have, with beings in many dimensions, and we can "label" them good or bad. We can choose to look at them or not to look at them.

If you were a "bad" ghost, how would you want to be treated? Would you want to be trusted? Or would you want to be loved, no matter what you do.

So, is the question: do I trust this ghost?

Or, is the question: do I love this ghost?

Two completely different questions.

love, blink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 3:19pm

Sonia:

This is an issue I've really had to deal with because I considered it crucial to make contact with my higher self and spirit guidance, yet I also had a fear of being misled.

This site sort of has a connection to Robert Monroe since Bruce Moen has a history with the Monroe Institute. In his third book  "Ultimate Journey" Robert was told by his guidance that their are unfriendly influences and they know how to mislead people.

Therefore, when one reaches out for spirit guidance it is important to have good intentions for doing so and to make certain that one reaches out to higher level beings. When one makes contact one should always feel free to make certain that the beings they are in contact with do represent the light and have their better wishes in mind.  

In my case it took some time to get rid of doubts even though I had really good reasons for not having doubts. After a while, if every message and experience you receive from guidance serves a positive purpose and helps you grow, and guidance is able to present itself in a manner that feels like light and love, you're probably doing okay.

There is also the issue of faith. If a person reaches out to light beings with good intentions wouldn't light beings respond?

There is also the issue of who we have a natural spirit connection to. I would think we would have a natural connection to beings such as our higher self, unless we do something to ruin this connection.

If you are able to communicate with spirits you might run into all kinds of spirits just as you run into all kinds of people.  One time I had a dream which told me that if you don't do what they (unfriendly spirits) do, don't go where they go, and don't mess with them, unfriendly spirits won't mess with you. In my case I do spirit work that they don't like so occasionally they try to give me a hard time, nothing negative ever results. There might also be random occurences when an unfriendly spirit tries to mess with a person even though a person doesn't do one of the three things spoken of above.  For some of us our light shines more brightly than others, and wandering spirits might pick up on this.

« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:45pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:00am

Hi,

I may have misinterpreted your question.  Blink and Recoverer have answered it better.
Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:16am

Hello dear,

Thank you all for your answers.
I appreciate every point of view (even misinterpreted, Bets).

I think that PUL is indeed very important to select who you meet.
Also, I believe that your own state of mind is important, as you attract (to some extent) or repulse spirits alike yourself.

I am kind of worried. Here comes a description of WHY i am worried:
--> as I should be aware that I am spiritually not perfect. In some way, I am bound to encounter/attract ghosts alike my own nature and maybe I will not be aware that they are not here for my own good. If I am wrongly influenced, I will act wrong and I might hurt the people I care about (and being mislead I probably won't be aware) while this is against my purpose.

It really worries me. I so much would like to be certain I act with love. In fact, I would like to be completely certain I am (pure unconditional) love.

How can you ever be sure you have reached that goal?
This topic kind of melts together with my other topic "LAWS OF THE SOUL AND..."

I don't really know what to do.

Sonia

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. &&Maori Proverb&&&& &&

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:25pm

Sonia:

I've received so many spirit messages and have had so many experiences which have told me that it is completely up to us to decide whether we want to live according to love and goodness and that unfriendly spirits "CAN'T" cause us to act against our will.  To the extent people do get in trouble I believe it is because they in some way provide an unfriendly spirit with a key.  You don't have to be a perfect person in order to have free will.  It is enough that you have good intentions.

Plus, we have good spirits who look out for us, and most certainly they'll be here for us when they know that we want to grow in love. My guess is that they'll trip all over themselves to help us. If a pesky unfriendly spirit drops by once in a while and tries to influence with an unfriendly thought, we'll be completely free to not choose it.  Sort of like we are free to say "no" to an unfriendly thought that comes up in our own mind, or to a person who offers us a bad suggestion.

I've had experiences where unfriendly spirits tried to scare me, but when they found out I wasn't buying into it they went away. It is always good to tell such spirits to go to the light in some way.

I hardly know you, but going by what you've written you don't seem like a person who has to worry about making the wrong choices. Especially since you have it in mind to be discriminitive.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 7:25pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

REI

Reply #7 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 6:45am

This is a topic I have spent a lot of time thinking about, and seem to have to deal with often.

In Matt 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

In First John   4:1,2
 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit,  
but try the spirits whether they
are of God: because many false
prophets are gone out into the
world.
 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of
God: Every spirit that confesseth
that Jesus Christ is come in the
flesh is of God:

If Jesus is pure peace, love, forgiveness, openness, helpfulness, abundance, joy, and freedom, then if the spirit fits these descriptions and its advice is not counter to them then it can be trusted.  Otherwise it may show signs and wonders but you don't need it and should avoid it.

Those who seek to control others may exert hypnotic effects that come to those they are trying to control as spiritual advice, or as their own thought.  You may not be dealing with a spirit at all but with aggressive mental hypnotic suggestions.

IP Logged

Member unknown

Gone for an undetermined
time

Reply #8 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 11:50am

REI wrote on Jul 13th, 2008 at 6:45am:
Those who seek to control others may exert hypnotic effects that come to those they are trying to control as spiritual advice, or as their own thought.  You may not be dealing with a spirit at all but with aggressive mental hypnotic suggestions.

REI

thank you for your input

yet I do not understand the last part very well

Sonia

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #9 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:04pm

Bob Monroe used to say as part of his Intention that he wished to inteact with energies as advanced or more advanced than he was during his Journeys. It works, but you must state the intention consciously as part of the preparatory process.

Likewise, you have a "Reset Button" available as well. If you do not like what you get, push the reset button, and see what comes then, Most often it is a similar situation but a different cast of characters.

And finally, why not ask directly? I would maintain that you already know everything you need to know, and that if you use your powers of discrimination and discernment it will not be a problem.

And all Jeshua told us to do is our best. He did not demand perfection.

Love and Light,

Thomas

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 11:22am

I like that reset button idea. I've used a few times without thinking of such a name.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:24am

tgecks wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:04pm:
And all Jeshua told us to do is our best. He did not demand perfection.

Love and Light,

Thomas

You're right, he didn't "demand", but i seem to remember him asking us to follow in his ways, and to be like he is, and that is perfection in the flesh. 

Sometimes we limit ourselves, get into comfort zones, and say this or that is our "best" when it's really not.  Like you have said many times before here, we can be completely like (and One with) him, if we really want to and choose thusly. 

But, we can't just "believe" ourselves there alone (though positive belief is a very important part of it), it must be totally backed by constant and consistent actions, thoughts, feelings, etc. and our whole being must attune to the Divine.   And, something not often talked about is that if this is to be completed in the flesh (which is the ideal and ultimate goal), then there must be a perfect balance and coordination between the body, the mind, and Spirit aspects.

Yes, even the body physical must be cleansed, strengthened (though not in the usual sense of the word, like in working out), and balanced.  Even as his was (like the 40 days of fasting in the "wilderness").

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 11:57am

tgecks wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 12:04pm:
Bob Monroe used to say as part of his Intention that he wished to inteact with energies as advanced or more advanced than he was during his Journeys. It works, but you must state the intention consciously as part of the preparatory process.

Yes, it does work, and for that very same reason, i believe Monroe made a mistake in formulating his affirmation. 

It would have been more universally helpful and more practical, if he had left off the "as advanced" part of the affirmation.   Maybe for him, it was ok. 

But not necessarily true for everyone else.   There are people interested in nonphysical exploration, who probably shouldn't ask for consciousnesses at their own current level to help them, as they might attract misleading or just ignorant consciousnesses. 

I believe it would be much more practical and helpful to state something like, to the purely creative or fully PUL filled consciousnesses. 

Why settle for less helpful, when you can get most helpful?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #13 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 9:49am

Hi Sonia,

I've made alot of mistakes while OB, and yet I'm still here! Cheesy  Also I believe they were learning experiences, lovingly offerred. I'm still learning, and not nearly as fearful.

Tgecks' reminder of Monroe's intention, stated before any possible experience, is excellent.
An additional protection that I found helpful is to ask, before going OB, for a protective shield--a golden bubble to surround you.

If you met these unfriendly spirits early in your attempts to go OB, it may have been you had not yet 'stretched the blue/silver cord' enough to get higher than earthbound spirits. You won't meet them later, or rarely.

Doing retrievals is a fine way to meet these rascals in a better context. They usually want love and you can take them to the afterlife where their loved ones from previous lives lovingly await them. That settles them down, as well as gets you Helpers who will aid you. Post-retrieval, as the experience settles into your thoughts, you will realize that you have successfully dealt with spirits that in the past had bothered you -- and that's a good feeling!

Please do not let fear or caution  Wink stop you from exploring these amazing realms!

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.