Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do spirit beings breath? (Read 3098 times)
george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Do spirit beings breath?
Jul 4th, 2008 at 7:36pm

Why i want to know this is,I saw a womanI knew Who had past over into spirit.She was in a garden.She was waving to me.than I saw that her dress was blowing in the wind.so if thats the case,there must be air in the spirit world.What are your thought on this? George

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Re: Do spirit beings breath?
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:04am

IMHO, perception of a spirit is strictly individual... The appearence of the same spiritual being may vary from person to person. Thus, a "dress blowing in the wind" might be just your own perception and doesn't mean there is a physical substance (matter) interacting with the environment. It's only an image of a spirit projected into one's.... well, let's say... brain.
Just my thoughts...

Regards,
SL

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:09am

I think people have reported in dear death experiences that they are surprised to find that they can breathe, especially if they drowned. I think you can breathe if you want to, but I don't think you have to do it there.

How could anyone smell the fragrances of the flowers in gardens in Heaven unless they could breathe? It seems to be a human kind of thing. But wait, if there are animals, like our pets, in Heaven, wouldn't a sense of smell be important to an animal in Heaven, any animal?

It seems logical to me that breathing would be allowed, just like air is allowed. Wouldn't all the pleasant touches of life be there, like the kiss of the wind on your cheek?

love, blink

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:19am

Greetings,

I agree with both responses so far, George.

The woman may have shown herself in a breezy garden to give you a sense of being refreshed when you saw her.

And on the other hand, many people speak of smelling roses or other fine scents when they are with a spirit or in the focus levels, so why would those scents be there if no one could smell them? So I assume they do breathe up there. The breath of God is said to give us life -- and we are closer there than here.

Bets

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2008 at 12:48pm by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 12:24pm

When I look for hands, I have them out there. When I smell the wind, I can smell out there. When I heard a floorboard creak as I "walked", I looked down and had feet.

When I notice colors, there they are. When I call to mind one particular person, there they are....

You see what you want to see, and you hear what you want to hear.

What a wonderful life! And I can hardly wait for more....

Thomas

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 11:13pm

My thoughts are, that all of our physical senses are represented in the spiritual world.  Of course, not being in the physical, we experience things differently.  Some discussions have mentioned thaTt unusual sounds associated with OOBE are the result of the transition between our physical hearing and our spiritual equivalent.

There is a maxim "as above, so below" to describe the symmetry of happenings in spirit and in the physical plane.  Is spiritual sight the same as physical sight?  Taste?  Hearing?  All accounts of NDEs and OOBEs suggest that our spiritual senses are very different - often being described as "enhanced."  

What I find most interesting are some passages from Emanuel Swedenborg, where he mentions that as we stay in spirit we end up losing a frame of reference for physical sensations or cravings.  Thus, some conversations ES had with spirits were awkward in that the spirits, having been out of the physical realm long enough, lost some familiarity with common earthly sensations and the notion of time in the physical plane.  For example several spirits told ES that they no nothing of time in spirit; rather it is thought of moving from one state of being to another, without a sense of linnear time. 

To sum it up then, I would say we have the equivalent of breath, on initially passing over, as well as sight, sound, and other sensations, translated into a spiritual plane.  Some sensations may be more important to some people than others.  I've heard that said about food.  That while we don't require food there, some have the equivalent of food and banquets if it is important to them.  

Matthew

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 6:10pm

George,

Congratulation on your 500+ post.

I don’t think they really breathe but as Doc said at first they have a perception of breathing. I think to ease them into the other reality.

Maybe something like the Matrix movies?

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 4:25pm

My thought on it is, it is dependent on how strongly you are connected with the physical life experience. If you had only experienced "life" on a planet that had no wind, you would not experience it in the so called after-life. So in "reality" there is no wind, there. Only the perception of such. Our strong desire to experience Physical Life Reality and all of its experiences, which include wind, temperature variation, sunshine, and all the rest, induce us to create these experiences when we visit or move on to There. Its just like seeing bodies. As this is what you expect, and what your reality will allow you to expect. This is what you see. You are much more than your physical body.(Thanks Bob) Although, The bond to the physical is very strong and for most, the desire to live in the physical and to experience it, will bring you back many, many, times. Once you become less attached, and as you become more spiritually further along your path, the need to experience the physical and all of its attributes like wind,  sunshine, etc, may become less of an attachment and less desirable. Not all of the lessions I need to learn are earth bound, phyical life expearence lessions. Life energy is not a phyical body and thus there is no need to see one when expearencing the spirit.

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:36pm

Hard to tell. I've read some NDE stories that mention that you don't need to breath. But who knows, eh.

One more season.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 6:44pm

Joeb said tho worms will eat my body,yet I shall see him in my flesh.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.