Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Induced After-Death Communication by Dr. Botkin (Read 1433 times)
jm1974

Induced After-Death Communication by Dr. Botkin
Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:20am

Recently I have read this book, as a faithful believer in the existence of the afterlife, I believe it is a new horizon for those seeking answers and looking to calm the pain by the departure of a loved one, please take a look,

The author himself is a little skeptic about his discovery, (I think that he have a little fear for criticism from the scientific community, as always  Roll Eyes) when I read the book, I appreciates that the author himself is impresed by the messages and confirmations that he receiving from the deceased.

This is the web site: http://induced-adc.com/

This is the counting of a journalist who took the therapy, please read "in great detail " the last paragraph where the journalist confirms "bingo" the communication with her departed friend: Enjoy!!!!

Grief Relief: Visiting the Dead
by Julia Mossbridge

A friend of mine died when I was in college, and I blamed myself. Josh was not sure he wanted to come to the dance I was deejaying with his sister, but when I flirted a bit during a phone call he decided to make the drive. He never arrived at the dance -- he was killed by a truck on the freeway. I had mentally tucked away this episode until I heard of a new technique that uses communication with the deceased as a way to heal unresolved grief.

I was pretty sure I didn't have any residual grief about Josh's death. If anything, I felt only guilt about the role I played in it. Nonetheless, I wondered if I could ask Josh's forgiveness for my role in his death. So I called up the doctor who developed this technique, Allan Botkin, who does his work in Lincolnshire, Illinois.

When I walked into Dr. Botkin's office, I was a little taken aback. I guess I had imagined some sort of high-tech machine in a darkened room presided over by a lab-coat clad, bearded, and eccentric character. Instead, the first thing I saw was a two-foot long white stick with a blue marker cap on it. Now really, I thought -- is this it?! A magic wand for seeing dead people? And Dr. Botkin himself, far from a mad scientist type, looked like he belonged at a softball game, giving tips to kids in an avuncular, arm-around-the- shoulder sort of way.

Despite my misgivings, I sat down and listened to his description of "Induced After-Death Communication," which he developed by modifying a biofeedback technique in which the eyes quickly go back and forth. The theory behind this approach is based on the observation that during rapid-eye-movement (REM) sleep, the brain is able to make associations and process information more quickly than during normal waking hours. Imitating REMs in the waking hours is believed to activate the same sort of speedy processing and associative leaps that were previously only attainable during dream states.

Drawing on the decades he spent at the Veteran's Administration treating soldiers with severe grief and trauma, Dr. Botkin explained that each client must be moved from the more superficial emotions -- anger, guilt, and shame -- into the core sadness that he believes is the root cause of the other emotions. He claimed that using his modified technique (www.induced-adc.com) people can safely move through their sadness and release it. Further, about 70 percent of his clients experience after-death communication (ADC) -- reconnecting with the bereaved person in a realistic, joyful, inner vision.

As he described the methodology for me in his frank, no-frills way, every one of my intellectual bells went off to tell me that he was pulling my leg. At the same time, I had a strong gut feeling that said he was onto something. Being a good scientist, I trusted my gut. I let him do a short session with me, even though I told him I had no grief.

One minute later, after simply looking at the moving wand and listening to him gently ask me to get in touch with my grief, I was filled with images of my last fateful interaction with Josh. I watched some more waves of the magic wand and started to cry, seeing images of his death. As my sadness began to wane, I got in touch with a happy memory of Josh. Then I closed my eyes and actually had an ADC.

Simply, without pretense, I saw Josh walk out from behind a door. My friend jumped around with his youthful enthusiasm, beaming at me. I felt great joy at the connection but I couldn't tell whether I was making the whole thing up. He told me I wasn't to blame and I believed him. Then I saw Josh playing with his sister's dog. I didn't know she had one. We said good-bye and I opened my eyes, laughing.

The experience seemed too simple, too light. There were no trumpets, no bright tunnels, just a conversation with Josh. Dr. Botkin had mentioned that people are surprised by how "normal" ADC seems; I certainly was. He also mentioned that neither the therapist nor the client has to believe in the validity of ADC for it to heal -- grief is resolved through the reconnection, whether real or imagined.

Later I found out that Josh's sister's dog had died, and it was the same breed as the one I had seen in my vision. Yet I still don't know what's real. What I do know is that when I think of Josh, I no longer dwell on the images of me calling him or of his car getting hit. Instead, I see Josh walking toward me, laughing and playing with an angel dog. For now, this is the only kind of proof I need.

Julia Mossbridge, a Chicago-based writer, is also a mother, cognitive neuroscientist, and author of Unfolding: The Perpetual Science of Your Soul's Work (New World Library http://www.unfolding.org/).

Remenber they always give you a message of proof of their existence!!!!!

Note;
http://www.openskytherapy.com/    (This is the web site of Dr. Hania Stromberg, MA, MSW  about this terapy, she accepts the IADC experience as spiritual, she is more courageous!! good for the women!!! Smiley)

Best wishes

Juan  
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 1:20pm by jm1974 »  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Induced After-Death Communication by Dr. Botki
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 1:28pm

Wonderful article, Juan. Thank you so much. I didn't know this type of therapy existed.

It is amazing to me that the deceased so often appear youthful, radiant and happy when we catch glimpses of them. I have had several dreams of this nature, which felt like visitations, memorable, uplifting experiences that were intriguing as well as healing.

Thank you, blink Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: After-Death Communication by Dr. Botkin
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 5:21pm

Thanks so much,  Juan!

Cheesy  Hooray!
This work of Botkin's fits so closely with Bruce's experiences with workshop participants, etc !  Botkin has more access and credentials with the psychiatric community than an engineer like Bruce would, so maybe it will be Botkin's work that opens the door for afterlife studies in scientific circles.

Another place where afterlife, OBE, NDE etc is sometimes getting discussed by people with supposed academic credentials and biases  is www.IIDB.com, ; the Internet Infidels. The site has a search capacity so topics can be found that way since they are still rare in the bulk of their discussions.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.