Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who is Closer to God? (Read 12039 times)
juditha
Ex Member

Re: Who is Closer to God?
Reply #30 - May 25th, 2008 at 4:27pm

Hi Lucy i am not assuming that my suffering is more than yours,we all at times suffer in life ,none of us can go through life without a certain amount of suffering,your thoughts of God through your suffering is how you get through it and my thoughts of God through my suffering is how i get through it,so that makes us both unique in our own way as have our own way of dealing with life.

We are both spirits with a body and we are both on this earth to learn things but in a different way to each other and thats what makes us both human.So even if we dont agree with each other to much on this,we are both part of God and his love,and he gave us both freewill to say what we both think about it.

Love and God bless love juditha

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #31 - May 25th, 2008 at 5:51pm

Lucy said: Now, I'm not good at focusing my attention, but every now and then I do manage to focus it just a little. And I found that when I do, things change. Things get better. But it is hard to focus. It takes a lot of work. But when it works, it works!

I don't think that my way of standing in the Light is necessarily for anyone but me. We each have to find our own unique way of standing in the Light. What is yours?
____

thanks for directing the thread here Lucy, Aurora I believe would fit right in here with the rest of us as she mentions the imagination. recently had a meditation where I saw if I could not for some reason imagine something, for sure I was not in the right space to pull that into being.
I knew, or had a clue years ago, I had 'picture it' before it actually happened.

this standing in the light reminds me of an exercise spirit led me to do once back in 2001 I believe. I was just beginning to do conscious retrievals while participating here on the board. I knew they were real, that we all could learn to do them, so maybe this post is sort of what you asked me for awhile back, as well some others.

Even though I had done a real spontaneous retrieval and was the reason for coming here to join the others, still, the ones I now practiced in 2001 seemed like mere imagination practices, even if they sort of took on their own life; still I needed something more to continue on this course.

Since I was not a meditator and still don't meditate in the usual sense of sitting down and saying I am now going to do a meditation. more or less meditation creeps up on me these days.

but back then I got this sense I should do this exercise we labeled NEW. Both Robert Bruce on another forum, and Bruce Moen had a version of this energy gathering exercise which were similar.

Bruce has the 3 breath exercise, and draw imaginary up from beneath, like through the feet, circle this light out the top of the head a certain amount of times. the breath, I see as this light also.

I encourage any to investigate this exercise and try it as the first time I tried it, I had another retrieval take place in the night which I did not doubt was real as I did not fall asleep, but simply exited my body before I had a chance to fall asleep, I accredit the retrieval and a peek at the future directly to doing the "standing in the light" exercise we call NEW. that stands for new energy ways. (or waves)

it occurred to me either by guide input (my first thought) or possibly accredit the thought I should imagine sitting on top of the world. out in space.

this was naturally a bit difficult to imagine. nonetheless, feeling agreeable to experiment, I imagined floating out, to, ah, yes, the top of the world for a bird's eye view. feeling a bit small, I had to imagine myself as larger. I thought I heard someone say, now, we want you to hug the world. what did you say? hug the world? do I have to?  Cheesy  it was funny. you should have been there. maybe you have.
just try seemed the voice to say. so I did but still I could only reach around part of the world with my whatever, rubber band arms... Roll Eyes  they just wanted me to get a feeling of PUL for the world and it's inhabitants. once that was accomplished, I did feel shall we say, more friendlier towards the world in general.  I think the exercise, standing in the light is similar effect to NEW.

the point being we self empower ourselves to stand in the light so each individual can get beyond their suffering. but it seems we get self empowered to rise above suffering by aiding another to get beyond suffering..we sort of climb on each other's shoulders in that sense, to get a higher view.

retrievals in this sense is alleviating the suffering in the world..it's just that it's working behind the scenes, quietly, effortlessly, the movement gathers momentum, one by one.

thanks again Lucy, being here all these years, I've gained from you, however I just can't put that into details for you right now, just that you're my friend.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

deanna

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2008 at 8:01pm

Removed by Admin due to violation of Posting Guidelines

The Admin
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2008 at 8:33am by Bruce Moen »  

deanna

IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #33 - May 28th, 2008 at 12:51am

My own take is that we are closer to God when we follow his way of love; love of others and love of God.  The converse would be true - that we drift further away from God when we act out of hate toward others or God.  Suffering tends to be a sign that our earth life is out of balance.  Some suffering is brought on by natural disasters, and energies out of our control.  However, much suffering is brought about by our interactions with our fellow human beings in the world.

I, for one, do not believe that suffering makes us holy or follow God's path.  I believe that our lives may be full of love, richness and abundance, if we keep these concepts in our minds and hearts.  When people arrange their thinking around axioms such as "money is the root of all evil," is it any wonder that poverty is seen as being a state of nobility?  When one hears expressions such as "the suffering of a saint," our subliminal mind picks up on this and says that somehow we must do without material things, and suffer to be closer to God.

Rubbish.  We are our thoughts, and our thoughts tend to create our real life situation in the physical world.  Follow the path of love, of caring for others, acting not out of the desire to merely pleasure oneself, but out of compassion.  Can we act this way, and avoid suffering?  Can we still find abundance in life in terms of wealth, and surroundings?  Of course we can.  Abundance in all forms can be seen as our birthright, founded in scripture.  

We are closer to God when, without thought of our ego or secondary gain, we act with compassion, kindness, thankfulness, and love for each other.  This is truly a state of grace.

Matthew

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:22am

Yes, perhaps this is the password to God, for each of us:

Love Smiley

Knock and the door will be opened to you.

Thank you!

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #35 - May 29th, 2008 at 11:03am

well said Doc

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 30th, 2008 at 12:20am

DocM wrote on May 28th, 2008 at 12:51am:
My own take is that we are closer to God when we follow his way of love; love of others and love of God.  The converse would be true - that we drift further away from God when we act out of hate toward others or God.  Suffering tends to be a sign that our earth life is out of balance.  Some suffering is brought on by natural disasters, and energies out of our control.  However, much suffering is brought about by our interactions with our fellow human beings in the world.

I, for one, do not believe that suffering makes us holy or follow God's path.  I believe that our lives may be full of love, richness and abundance, if we keep these concepts in our minds and hearts.  When people arrange their thinking around axioms such as "money is the root of all evil," is it any wonder that poverty is seen as being a state of nobility?  When one hears expressions such as "the suffering of a saint," our subliminal mind picks up on this and says that somehow we must do without material things, and suffer to be closer to God.

Rubbish.  We are our thoughts, and our thoughts tend to create our real life situation in the physical world.  Follow the path of love, of caring for others, acting not out of the desire to merely pleasure oneself, but out of compassion.  Can we act this way, and avoid suffering?  Can we still find abundance in life in terms of wealth, and surroundings?  Of course we can.  Abundance in all forms can be seen as our birthright, founded in scripture. 

We are closer to God when, without thought of our ego or secondary gain, we act with compassion, kindness, thankfulness, and love for each other.  This is truly a state of grace.

Matthew

I basically agree with all or most of the above.  At the same time, i've noted a trend or tendency that those who would grow a lot spiritually in this life, oft set up really difficult life challenges and periods of deep suffering before incarnating.   Not always the case of course, but a trend.  This is also mentioned in a few sources that i trust more than not (or resonate strongly with).

Conversely, quite a few sources seem to indicate that spiritually immature souls, tend to set up easier life plans, especially in the material and/or relationship sense and tend to be about "surface" stuff.  Immature Souls like to skate in their lives until they reach a certain point and get serious about their spiritual growth, and once that happens they start to choose to balance more difficult aspects of their karma which often translates to more deeply challenging life plans. 

But yeah i agree, suffering for the sake of suffering itself, shouldn't be glorified.  And as you say, sometimes suffering is an indication of imbalance on some or many levels and a call to change self. Like many things in life, it's not a black and white issue.

As far as poverty, money, and all that, i agree it's the motivation and focus that matters, not the money itself.  But i can't help but be reminded of a certain teacher's words that, "It is oft easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven".

Probably cause so many people who desire wealth, desire it for self and materialism more than anything else, and not primarily for helping others and the world.  And even someone who starts off with good intentions and who gains much in the material sense, lot's of times if asked to give it up for a higher cause...well that whole attachment thing comes into play, again similar to some experiences noted with the above teacher who came across such folks who on some level were inspired and wanted to follow but were overly attached to the things of the world. 

I believe to fully reemerge with Source, you have to be ready to completely give up any and/or all attachments to what's outside of you, especially if any of it is blocking you in some way to begin with.  That doesn't necessarily mean you have to go and commit to a vow of poverty or get divorced or anything like that, but to lose the attachment to that and not be concerned with it or worried that something should change.  All the meanwhile, using that wealth or relationship or what not, for positive, more universal purposes.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #37 - May 30th, 2008 at 5:17pm

I so much relate to the "nonattachment" idea that you are promoting here, Justin. I think people can misinterpret this as "hating" the world, because we have heard that word used in Christianity. But I don't see how we can "hate" and "love" at the same time. So, I think it is okay to love the world, in the sense of having concern for the world, and appreciating the world, for the gifts that it offers. And, at the same time, we can remain conscious enough not to cling to any particular circumstances.

We can see the wisdom in this by looking at people who seem to naturally "fit" into any circumstances. Looking at it from a Christian perspective, as I see it, I think of how Jesus was said to have encouraged his disciples to eat whatever was given them when they entered the houses of strangers who hosted them. In other words, participate in the "culture" of any family who would welcome them. He was criticized for eating and drinking with all sorts of people. And yet, he was capable of secluding himself and depriving himself from "civilization" for long periods of time.

So, I think it is useful to be able to participate and interact in all sorts of settings. As well as to let them go when appropriate. I think that is true freedom, and allows a person to enjoy the benefits of having been born human, with all that comes along with being human.

This must mean different things to different people. For example, some people might consider two bowls of rice, rather than one, to be riches.

While others must have their cake, and eat it too.

Smiley

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 30th, 2008 at 10:12pm

I agree Blink. Bout the naturally fitting people, i guess that depends on the motivation, intent, and deeper desires involved. 

Some people go with the flow, accommodate, etc. not so much because they are constantly thinking of the higher good of others and of life in general, but because they want or need to be liked, to have positive attention, are afraid of friction or disagreement, etc.  Or because they are weak willed and it's easier to be tossed around by the ocean, than by mastering the ocean within self.

So it's like anything in life, it's the deeper intents, motivations, behind the form and behind the actions which signify whether it's "spiritual" or not, and ultimately self decides when and where to correct though there seem to be Elder beings who make things clearer for us at different points. 

But yeah, generally it's better to be flexible and flowing, but like you said sometimes there are times to not conform, or to seclude, etc.   The dude you mentioned, also refused to "do" several culturally important things sometimes because he disagreed with them, and gasp even when he was in the temple of God.    He wasn't just Water and Air (which are innately more flowing and flexible in nature), but also Fire and Earth too. 

Definitely it's a lot about nonattachment, and attachment to one overriding ideal and reality.  Yup, material riches is quite a relative thing.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.