Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Who is Closer to God? (Read 12035 times)
blink
Ex Member

Re: Who is Closer to God?
Reply #15 - May 23rd, 2008 at 6:16pm

To recognize the "God-place" in each other requires that we try to see our similarities rather than our differences. The ego is simply the part of us which enjoys setting boundaries, making distinctions, attempting to make permanent what it perceives as "good" and actively attempting to detour around if not destroy what it perceives as "bad," in my opinion. The ego lives in the future or the past, but never in the present, and it is always making comparisons. So, there is nothing inherently "evil" about it. It has a job, and it does it.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2008 at 9:20pm

very good consensus of the ego Blink. It's not bad and you said it perfectly (have u read ACIM?)

it says basically the same you said.

Juditha, and Deanna, we all continue to support you here. Lucy seems a little worried that you might suffer unduly...I see her as a nurturing person, and I see the twins as wanting to be of service to life, it's just hard right now so we try to help.

the ego, Lucy can explain herself what her perceptions are, we are just jumping in, but the ego, at least mine, is somewhat like looking through a funnel at times, I just get this tiny view of others. I wish we could all meet sometime, we could see so much more, we would probably end up having a massive party...

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

SHSS

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2008 at 11:13pm

Lucy wrote on May 21st, 2008 at 10:43pm:
If God is immanent and omnipresent how can one being be closer than another? You are God-stuff! The trouble with having an ego is that we can shut this awareness off....and then spend lifetimes trying to regain the awareness.

Juditha I think that thinking suffering makes you closer to God is dangerous. It justifies suffering. Sometimes that line of thought has been used to justify making others suffer. You don't need suffering to make you close to God. God is love. God is...

I could not possibly agree more with Lucy on this.  Glorifying suffering in any form is a very, very dangerous thing to do.  Juditha, I do not know you, but I wish you could see how dangerous this is to anyone's stability.  If you identify yourself with suffering then you will surely suffer.  I hope you will see this in a loving way instead of a judgment.  There is nothing holy about making yourself suffer.

PUL
SHSS Kiss

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #18 - May 24th, 2008 at 5:26am

Juditha and your other self deanna,

Both of yo are correct God is love and rushes to help us when we are in need, lost and in sorrow. "Lucy is wrong"!! God is not just some mathematical principle, but a person in his own right indeed the "ORIGINAL PERSON"

Juditha I know and feel you are a lovely person full of overflowing love for others.

The whole forum can feel your loving nature and we all send you love back

Love

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2008 at 6:00am

There doesn't have to be a "wrong" or "right" here....?

Can we see Lucy's statement as caring and her intention as positive? It is possible for us to discuss, agree and disagree with each others' ideas without making each other "right" and "wrong" -- and we can support each other this way as well.

I think I was the first person to suggest on this thread that Juditha was not "wrong" in some way. Perhaps by saying that in those words I might have slanted this conversation in a particular direction.

I think that what Lucy was doing was trying to empower Juditha, as a sister would. As a family, we can notice that, and try to understand her statement a little better. I think that's why Juditha was asking for clarification.

love, blink

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #20 - May 24th, 2008 at 7:02am

Blink and Lucy,

If I came across as unkind in some way I am sorry and accept your valuable contributions, none of us are all knowing, especially me. Juditha is easily hurt and we should respect that.

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #21 - May 24th, 2008 at 5:56pm

We are family. thats the way I feel. I don't even have to post here, Blink says it for me, so I can go off and have fun  Smiley

but I see both viewpoints, in that suffering, I seen myself suffering all through my miserable life when I couldn't find love anywhere, that wasn't a trade off, this for that, thus no unconditional love was around. I think that's where Juditha is at...experiencing that lack of love and learning through it, the way I did.

at the same time I knew a man who identified with his suffering and then it made him somehow special, for this reason he would not let go of suffering, and so in a way, it was a statement of pick up your cross and drag it.  you'd get a reward for that somehow. it's not the truth.

With Juditha, if I can speak for her, and surely I cannot, she needs to make a connection with Love, with PUL, with God, so she measures god's presence in each human being.

it is the ego which does the measuring. In truth, with true perception operating versus false perception, all of us are as close to God, as we can get to one another.

This entails as Blink is suggesting, and as this forum's premise must be, that there is no wrong, there is no right, all just is happening right now, and we do it together, so we don't have to come back and do it all over.
the task masters have to get it together with the bleeding hearts. I guess I'm a bleeding heart type.

love, alysia

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #22 - May 24th, 2008 at 6:50pm

Alysia and Blink,

Quote:
This entails as Blink is suggesting, and as this forum's premise must be, that there is no wrong, there is no right, all just is happening right now, and we do it together, so we don't have to come back and do it all over.
the task masters have to get it together with the bleeding hearts. I guess I'm a bleeding heart type.

love, alysia

Yes as far as the forum goes, we must try for unity and consensus to become a force of good to be reckoned with.

However, in the grand order of thing no!! How do we explain despots like Hitler or Stalin. Ok people I know the forum has debated this in topic painful detail in the past so I am not suggesting we  revisit this topic again. Of course, I am not prescribing what you people want to discuss and as I said in another thread a topic must take on its own life.

Love

alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #23 - May 24th, 2008 at 7:46pm

yea, but you are asking the question why is there seeming to be evil versus good? and I wonder why the other thread didn't answer it?

I asked this question over and over for about 10 years, while I read everything I could about the holocaust Alan. I could even see my head shaved with the people. Elie Weisel, I think that's his name, a survivor, just set my mind at ease as I laid the last book down, He simply said as to the why and how some questions do not get answered. however, his last words hit me hard. he said "never again."

this to mean the human capacity  to make a decision not to repeat errors. not to take on the sins of the parents. In the end, there is just this choice to make between right and wrong as we decide what and must decide based on prevailing awareness whats wrong, what's right by where we focus our attention.

I just see that fear cannot abide where love has come to live. love is good, fear has no substance or reality. fear is not bad, it just doesn't have a basis like love does.

that doesn't explain the past, but since the past is gone we can look forward now and let that be, knowing there's some of us chanting never again.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #24 - May 24th, 2008 at 9:45pm

My concept of the ego is not greatly different from what others have written here. It is something we humans have a difficult time defining.I might try to summarise it from this angle: when we were created, the ego as the part of conciousness that was created to deal with physical reality. But the ego took itself a little too seriously, and began to think of itself as the whole shabang. We lost contact with spirit. And we've been trying to get back to Spirit ever since. Or at least some of us have!

We have invented so many alternate explanations to how things work that it is hard to choose one. How would things work if we were more in touch with Spirit?

Abraham-Hicks makes a point of saying that what was intended (when the world was invented) was that we would create with our minds and our bodies would enjoy our creations. But what we try to do is create with our bodies.

I am currently in great arguments with myself about how it might work. Abrham-Hicks is in contrast ...or so it seems to me...to what I am reading in a book by Rick Pitino. For those of you who don't follow sports, Rick Pitino is a basketball coach with a fantastic record. he also writes books. He is incredibly good at motivating his players. And he believes in hard work.

This to me contrasts with the ideas that we create reality in our minds. When I read, Abraham-Hicks, I believe A-H. When I read Rick P. I believe Rick P. Which way does it really work????? Maybe Rick P. uses hard work as a form of affirmations. Maybe you have to work as hard at affirmnations as a Pitino basketball player works at his game in order to get results. Maybe hard work makes us trancend ego.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:05pm

So if I look at the idea that the ones who are suffering are closer to God because they need him more, and I say , that bothers me, because I think that sounds dangerous, what do I mean by that?

because if someone believes that they are closer to God when they are suffering, and if they want to be closer to God, then they may put themselves in places where they will then suffer, thinking that they are making themselves closer to God. They may create needless suffering.

Woldn't it be a lot simpler just to want to be closer to God?

Another aspect of the dangerous ness occurs because some folks think that inflicting suffering on others purifies the others. I had a work friend once. Wena. She grew up in the Phillippines. That is a tropical country. She once told me they had poinsettas as hedges. HEDGES. Like we have Firebush and and if you wait long enough Rhododendrum. That's tropical. And she told me that when they went to school, they had to wear long-sleeve blouses. And the schools were not air-conditioned then. She said, when they complained about this, the nuns told them that suffering was good for them.

That is dangerous thinking.

I don't like hogging the conversation. Feedback?

Isn't it just better to try to love God with all your heart, all your strength, all your might, kinda like those Loiuisville guys play ball now?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #26 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:10pm

and I guess one more thing I think is that we all need God desperately; each one of us desperately needs God....

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #27 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:21pm

ps alysia both Pitino and Wiesel have been associated with Boston University, though not in the same capacity! small world...

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2008 at 7:30am

Hi Lucy For a start ,you know nothing about my life and i dont put myself delibratly inline for suffering and suffering is caused by other human beings and i'm close to god even when i'm not suffering and i dont inflict suffering on others either,that sports fellow your reading thats just his version of how he handles life,i dont look for suffering i try to get away from it.

Anyway Jesus suffered and died on the cross for us and thats why God gave his only begotten son ,so are you saying God got it wrong with his son because God glorified suffering, which God does not,nobody in there right mind glorifys suffering,i have never had an ego about God ,i love him no matter whether i,m suffering or not.

Suffering is not dangerous towards God,God sends love to those who suffer in the world and i,m well in touch with spirit even at my lowest times and around my good times.So as far as i'm concerned God is there at your most lowest times in your life,if you cant find him when your at a low,then thats sad.Suffering is nothing to do with ego or glory.
Its only people like Hitler and other evil dictators and leaders what see suffering as ego and glorification.

Love  and God bless    love Juditha

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #29 - May 25th, 2008 at 11:29am

Juditha

I have no doubt that you are close to God. I have never doubted that. The question was, are those who are suffering closer to God? And I do not believe that is true. We do not need suffering to be close to God.

You are right. I do not know anything about your life. And you do not know anything about mine. You assume your personal suffering is greater than mine. I do not know that that is true. It may be true, but I have no way of knowing or measuring that. So there is no need to argue about that.

Many people have suffered in the history of earth.That guy, Rick Pitino, also has sorrow. He and his wife had a baby that was sick from the start. The baby had to stay in the hospital. For months, the mom spent all her time getting up and making a long drive to the hospital, spending the day with the baby, then returning home late, only to repeat the process the next day. Seven days a week. After about six months the baby got better. The doc told him his wife needed a little vacation. So they headed out (OK to a basketball game! but he is a coach) only to be stopped by a state trooper saying to call the hospital. The baby had suddenly died. How sad! And then it also turns out that one of his brother-in-laws worked for Cantor Fitzgerald in Sept of 2001 and was in the World Trade Center when the plane hit. So he too knows suffering.

I read something once; it has probably been stated many times and places. I read it in Pat Rodegast. It was that if we could stand in the Light, anything could be healed. Anything! The question is, how does one stand in the Light? I don't know any place to go where there is a waterfall of Light that I can stand in, and that is what I want. Just plug my umbilical cord into the Light! So how does one get to stand in the Light? So I took an answer fromanother source, a tape of a channeled entity who called herself Aurora. Aurora said that in order to "get" some of this stuff, first you have to do it in your imagination. So in my imagination, I stood in the Light. And it felt nice just to do that, so I kept trying. Now, I'm not good at focusing my attention, but every now and then I do manage to focus it just a little. And I found that when I do, things change. Things get better. But it is hard to focus. It takes a lot of work. But when it works, it works!

I don't think that my way of standing in the Light is necessarily for anyone but me. We each have to find our own unique way of standing in the Light. What is yours?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.