Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
fainting and obe (Read 6488 times)
flutterfly

fainting and obe
Apr 7th, 2008 at 4:27am

Has anybody ever fainted and had an out out of body experience? I did in highschool i made myself faint,and while i was passed out i could see all my friends leaning over my body trying to wake me up. It does make me wonder how much of the experience is actually to do with something going on with the brain and not really a spiritual thing. I can't say for sure im just curious. I'm not a believer and im not a total nonbeliever but science always seems to have a sensible comeback for almost anything that comes close to proving there is life after death. And i always feel like im finding out there's no santa each time they debunk something. Anyone got any thoughts?

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: fainting and obe
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2008 at 12:23pm

Hi flutterfly,

(I like your name  Smiley )

Are these debunkers going to form your opinion on everything as time goes by?  Who will you be then?
My experiences were accidental or random too until I found this site and the books recommended here.
Logic just keeps buiding facts on facts, right? School certainly emphasises that.
Now I find that spiritual experience also builds---or perhaps unfolds, its truths. I've experienced many and I just wish I had started on this path alot earlier !

To be a true explorer of these spiritual realms, alot of deep breathing is required --you need lots of oxygen. Fainting isn't suggested because you'll need to be in touch with your systems to face the new experiences as you explore new realms.

The best to you!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2008 at 11:01pm

Scientists talk of the brain, we talk of experiences. The opinion that everything is reducable to material objects is not in itself science, but belief. Actually, according to materialistic brain scientists, their own science comes from brain activities, but when this science is brain activity, then the theory, which describes the reason for something, is itself the result of this reason. That's  critical. And additionally, they pick one thing from the world, and declare it to be responsible for that same world including itself- this is a failure of categories, or in other words, just very odd.

I have heard of OBEs after inducing a narcosis.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2008 at 6:58pm

There are some experiences that just can't be debunked by those who didn't have them.

When debunkers make such judgements, they do so without understanding what a person experienced. How could they if they didn't have the experience?

Divine love is not an illusion.

What if a fish in a pond tried to deny the existence of Mount Everest because it never experienced Mount Everest? This is what scientists do when they try to deny spiritual reality through scientific theory.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.