Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Confused on OOBE and NDE (Read 2974 times)
lea

NY
Confused on OOBE and NDE
Dec 30th, 2007 at 1:43pm

I was just reading on another site, people's experiences with NDE and it confuses me a bit.  I guess because I only have my experiences to relate to.  I'm finding what some are calling NDE, I relate to my OOBE.  People are describing the NDE with the buzzing and heaviness and then being outside their body and looking down and being able to see what's going on around them.  I was just reading about conscious exit's in Robert Monroe's book - where the body is asleep, but the mind is awake.  I guess that's the OOBE i have experienced, but I don't refer to that as a NDE. 

When I had my NDE I don't remember the buzzing or anything...I had seen things that I couldn't possibly know first and then I did hover in the corner of the room and did see what was going on and what pulled me back from what i remember is my friend, holding me and telling me to come back that I couldn't leave him, which brought me back to my body.

I guess my question is, is the OOBE and NDE technically the same?

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Re: Confused on OOBE and NDE
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2007 at 4:38pm

Beloved Lea,

I would opine that both the OBE and the NDE are, technically, the same; however, it is my experience that what initiates the movement of those events are different, especially from person to person. On the surface, I would say that the OBE is more a concentrated effort by the entity wishing to experience it, whereas the NDE is often experienced, for simplicity sake, outside the immediately objective conciousness of the entity involved.

To simplify: I have OBEs because I can consciously precipitate them. I can have an NDE, but it is most likely the result of a secondary set of events -- a car accident, a heart attack, etc.

I see no real difference in the state of the person -- what proceeds the catalyst -- as necessarily different from one to another, as they are both leading to different state of awareness. It is only my experience that tells me that the belief of the person involved will determine the outcome of how the event is experienced.

E.
Smiley

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 12:02am

Cool

Hi,

I have experienced both OBE and NDE and there is a real difference between the two. Notably in that the nde is always spontaneous and then directed by some being on the other side, if one goes deep into the near death state. The tunnel into the light I only experienced in my nde.

OBE on the other hand can often be induced and the advanced practitioner like Robert Monroe directs his awareness to where he wants to go or experience.

A common phenomenon is the vibratory buzzing, which is some cases, can be extreme and even unpleasant.it occure in both cases.

The lucid sleep OBE does not have the commonality of the above and the traveling mind (in my case) just goes to where it wants spontaneously.

I hope this helps, somewhat.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

EternalEssence

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 3:12pm

Thanks for the comments Alan.
It's interesting. I have experienced both as well, and my experience contradicts yours, but then that is the way experiences seem to flow. It's nice to know you made it this far and you are here to share your personal experiences with the group.

E.
Smiley

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 4:01pm

With my NDE I found myself in a place where I was talking to other while and during a life review. I was asked if I was ready to drop my body, where I resisted and asked to come back and finish with some pertinent family issues that were part of the reasoning and structure to this lifetime. I made that choice to return and continue and cams right back to find my wife pounding on my chest, breathing into my mouth. She was some pissed at me let me tell ya.
As for my OOB's, they are different. I find myself leaving my body and going to places of my own design. An example is during a trip to RMR @ TMI for Guidelines, I went OB and through the wall to find myself sitting beside a large frog that was living in a fish pool that was located just outside of my room. Was beside this frog and it was the same size as myself.(awareness of size at that time) I also find that I have an ability to watch myself get out of my body. First time (remembered first time that is) was during a "roll out" exercise at Gateway @ TMI. I just looked down and saw my foot and leg sort of hanging out of the side of my sleeping unit. I then sat up and a second later I realized that I was OB and poped back into my body as I was a bit freaked out. I have never done the bouncing off the ceiling thing as I hear is quite common during NDE's and also during OB's while being operated on while under anaesthesia. Both are different somewhat from when I do a retrieval.
Joe

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2007 at 10:06pm

hi Lea. I think the NDE and the Obe share a commonality in that the awareness, it's like "I am" awareness, appears to be stationed from without..beside yourself, as some called it. the awareness, being nonphysical, being energetic construct vibrating at a faster rate than the physical organism, seem to stand apart from the body and have mobility.
so in this the two are in common.

scientists take note of the NDE more than obes, because most often brain waves are flat, and so they would say it's impossible that you can see what is being done to your body while out of it, and with no brain waves.

but obes are very real excursions also and evidence, we are so much more than these vehicles we drive around.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

lea

NY
Reply #6 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 1:50pm

Thank you all so much for your replies and giving me your views on this.  Now I just need to absorb it all...lol  I've been trying to write what i think, but it's not coming out right, so i guess once i've had time to think I'll write it out then...lol

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #7 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 5:43am

Lea Dear,

To summarize the one real commonalty between OBE and NDE is that ones conscious awareness becomes located outside the physical body for a while.

Love.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.