Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do animals go through a life review?? (Read 4184 times)
DaBears

Do animals go through a life review??
May 26th, 2007 at 6:38pm

I think this may sound like a dumb question to others, but to me it seems logical that they might get to see their lives as well.. Because they are equal like us, just they don't have the same type of consciousness of right and wrong..

They need to learn how to love as well..

peace

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Do animals go through a life review??
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2007 at 7:37pm

No, animals don't go through a life review. Humans are the only ones and I would say it's because we were given free will by God. I also believe that animals are born with the sense of love.

Blessings, Mairtreya

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2007 at 10:07pm

I disagree, Marilyn-
Abtractly, it seems reasonable that animals must also evolve. Animals definitely wind up in the spirit world, where people report being with their pets etc. Each animal seems to be unique, and to have a rudimentary personality. This suggests that there is likely to be evolution.

Egyptian mythology viewed  life as animals of various types, from simple to complex, as a normal phase of development into existence as a human. Thus, there is mythological support for animals to go through the same type of reincarnation that people do. In this respect, not only have I had many people to tell me that they had prior lives as animals, but I personally recall being a worm, as well as various intermediate states leading up to present human status.

The kind of "past life review" involved is open to some question. I doubt that there is any sort of conscious and abstract thinking about the past. There is also some question as to whether people retain any abstract competencies after death, as compared to simply dissolving into a collection of primary drives and tendencies in a dreamlike state. Whether or not there is abstract ability, there seems to be no reason to reject the idea of a sort of dreamlike state through which everything passes, and which would enable any creature, whether worm, monkey or person, to gravitate away from undesirable states, and toward more desirable ones.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

briggsandurlacher3

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2007 at 4:03pm

dave_a_mbs wrote on May 26th, 2007 at 10:07pm:
I disagree, Marilyn-
Abtractly, it seems reasonable that animals must also evolve. Animals definitely wind up in the spirit world, where people report being with their pets etc. Each animal seems to be unique, and to have a rudimentary personality. This suggests that there is likely to be evolution.

Egyptian mythology viewed  life as animals of various types, from simple to complex, as a normal phase of development into existence as a human. Thus, there is mythological support for animals to go through the same type of reincarnation that people do. In this respect, not only have I had many people to tell me that they had prior lives as animals, but I personally recall being a worm, as well as various intermediate states leading up to present human status.

The kind of "past life review" involved is open to some question. I doubt that there is any sort of conscious and abstract thinking about the past. There is also some question as to whether people retain any abstract competencies after death, as compared to simply dissolving into a collection of primary drives and tendencies in a dreamlike state. Whether or not there is abstract ability, there seems to be no reason to reject the idea of a sort of dreamlike state through which everything passes, and which would enable any creature, whether worm, monkey or person, to gravitate away from undesirable states, and toward more desirable ones.

dave

Great post and I agree with you Dave.. I believe animals evolve and need to evolve as well in the afterlife..  They are born with love in them as well , but they do stray away from it too.. So, they need to learn to love as well as us.. I remember having a dream where I was a dog and experienced the dog's consciousness it was like I was a human only in an animals body.. IT was weird.. That is why I respect all animals and believe all life of animals are to be respected..

p.s. this is my new username since I can't login to dabears anymore..!

peace

IP Logged

Wingrin

Australia
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2007 at 6:52am

When my dog died I meditated to see if she was around. What I saw suprised me. I saw a stream of dog consciousness, which was twisting it's way around the happy hunting ground. It was like a group dog soul. My dog Chloe detached from this playful stream of life, assumed her old dog form, bounded over to me, said hello (woof, woof) and was off, back to the stream. She was so busy, and having so much fun that she couldn't stay for long. The main thing I retained from this 'vision' was how much FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  they were having.

Love
Cris

Life is short, try to party, and be nice to the other schoolkids

IP Logged

Boris

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2007 at 10:51pm

I have read stories of where people recognized an animal as the reincarnation of one of their pets, who found their way back to the same owner, in their next life. They recognized the behavior of the newly acquired animal, as being the same as their former pet.

IP Logged

kerriann80

Massachusetts
Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 1:04am

I think animals will return to us if they feel we need them. I also think they will visit after their death. My dog passed at the beginning of December and every once in a while I will hear him throwing himself down like he use to do and I have even tripped over him. Of course when I hit the wall I realize he is not there but before that fact I have seen him laying in the dark hallway and could make out his form.

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 10:02am

kerriann80 wrote on Dec 28th, 2007 at 1:04am:
I think animals will return to us if they feel we need them. I also think they will visit after their death. My dog passed at the beginning of December and every once in a while I will hear him throwing himself down like he use to do and I have even tripped over him. Of course when I hit the wall I realize he is not there but before that fact I have seen him laying in the dark hallway and could make out his form.

That is so cool. I believe every word of that too.
Our Pets do 'stick around'.  They enjoy us and only want us to be happy.

I really enjoy talking to our little Corgi dog.  I like to go over 'his' whole day with him at night when he is tired and laying down for the night.
I can see in his eyes he 'gets it' and fully understands what I am telling him.

He is a Good Friend!

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 6:33pm

Must say I too tend towards the view that anmals are definitely on the learning road too. And maybe not so far behind as we like to think - I'm consistently amazed at the ability of our cats to learn, play an important part in family life and teach all sorts of stuff.

Like most things outside of our conventional conditioning this only becomes clear when we open to the possibility - start to relate to animals as sentinent beings. Most people don't, they regard them as stupid, unthinking and unfeeling brutes - and so this is what they perceive. (the goldfish bowl at work again)...

IP Logged

kerriann80

Massachusetts
Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 4:26am

Quote:
Must say I too tend towards the view that anmals are definitely on the learning road too. And maybe not so far behind as we like to think - I'm consistently amazed at the ability of our cats to learn, play an important part in family life and teach all sorts of stuff.

Like most things outside of our conventional conditioning this only becomes clear when we open to the possibility - start to relate to animals as sentinent beings. Most people don't, they regard them as stupid, unthinking and unfeeling brutes - and so this is what they perceive. (the goldfish bowl at work again)...

I have two rats that just crossed the "rainbow bridge" ( if you haven't already check out the poem about the rainbow bridge, its about how animals who have crossed over are waiting for us on the otherside) but up until that point people thought I was strange for having rats as pets. They considered them dirty. But rats actually are very smart and affectionate, my two boys would come when you called their name or said "come to mommy"  Roll Eyes and we e liter box trained. I certainly hope they are waiting on the other side with my more conventional pets for me Wink  I think regardless of their size or type any animal shown love can return it, and usually more loyalty then alot of humans.

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #10 - Dec 29th, 2007 at 10:02am

Hi! , The answer is "NO".

As you, all know I had a profound nde and the life review is to gently inform the one who is passing over about the mistakes they had made in earthly life. An animal not being a higher responsible (they don’t make decisions but just react to stimuli) entity would not go through this process, but immediately go to a place awaiting its master in joy, or the relevant place if it was wild. Animals just like us have souls, and all our beloved pets that have passed over  before us, eagerly await our coming to live with them forever.. "with their tails wagging ha ha"

Love.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jan 1st, 2008 at 5:25pm

By that Alan do you mean altruistic decisions? As above I know two cats with very active thought processes indeed, but it would make sense that it's only when intention becomes on occasion a matter of consciously choosing between doing wrong or doing good that a review becomes necessary......

IP Logged

Alan McDougall

South Africa
Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2008 at 5:10am

Yes,

They are capable of showing real love but have no concept of their morality or have any altruistic abilities.

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.