Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Afterlife oppinion asked re:  Acceptance (Read 5881 times)
Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Afterlife oppinion asked re:  Acceptance
Dec 14th, 2007 at 6:01pm

I know this may be a touchy subject but I`m gonna start it. It interests me out of numerious reasons, which all of you can figure out themselves.

In the afterlife - what do you believe will be the tolerence and acceptence level.
Thru NDE`s, medial contacts, mediums and even OBE`s I`ve read that when entering the realm of the afterlife, one feels, sees, hears, smells and LIVES. Some don`t even know that they are physically dead. Now thats pretty vivid to me okay. I love it!

However this means to me that there are also charachteristics of oppinions. In some NDE`s its also quoted that the souls look as they appeared on earth, only healthier.

Do the blacks hate the whites, the whites the blacks, the russians the americans, the americans the Irakie and so forth there too. If so then I`m not going there! ...lol...

Do they have ignorant leaders whom are suppose to be more intelligent, making choices for souls which will harm them in the long run? If so, I don`t wanna go there!

Are differences of oppinions handeled with love & understanding instead of with anger? If not I don`t want to go there!

I am asking clearly, what kind of afterlife are you personally really expecting, or awaiting to see? For if we can`t kick the "habits of racisim, hatred, egoism, brutality etc" while in this life, then we`re taking these charachteristics with us and living them out at least in the first stage directly after physical death"....

Bunches of love for all,
Nanner

IP Logged

Old Dood

Lansing
Re: Afterlife oppinion asked  Acceptance
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 7:36pm

That would depend on someone's 'Belief System'.

Have you read Robert Monroe's 3 books? Bruce Moen's Books? I haven't on the latter....hopefully real soon.

Robert Monroe's explain 'Belief System Territories'.  Or Focus Levels.... Interesting to say the least.

I 'believe' this next time around I will be at my most 'Enlighten' self ...ever!  I believe I will be able to 'Get It' finally...hehe!

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 8:18pm

Nanner, I will try to answer this for you, from my perspective. For me, I am less concerned with controlling what "persona" I carry with me into the afterlife, and what kind of "happy place" I can go spend eternity in...but more concerned with how I will be able to handle whatever "place" I do end up. In other words, how effective can I be...anywhere I am?

I am very interested in being able to be as free as possible, so that any "tasks" I may have here or there, as part of any community, may be as varied and interesting as possible. That is how we learn and grow and display our uniqueness.

I've been slightly confused about the concepts of different "levels" in the afterlife, probably because I'm just not all that interested in how they are specifically distinguished. I'm more interested in how the whole "big picture" operates.

I would assume, from all that I've read, that to keep in awareness the absolute freedom that exists in the mind of "God" could be the way to remain unstuck, and could be an ideal way to continue to evolve in any arena. That would have to be my ultimate goal.

with love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

Afterlife Knowledge Member

central california
Reply #3 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 9:09pm

Hi Nanner-
As far as I've been able to tell, we take our biases, loves and hates, and all our other qualities with us when we die. Then we sort of percolate them through the astral state for a while - perhaps selecting a new incarnation, or maybe just planning ways to not have to keep them around any more. Then we go try another life. Eventually we get it right and we no longer have any need to come back here to practice. Then we can become pure spirits and bug Juditha and other mediums. Smiley

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 10:06pm

I can't answer from experience Nanner (not that I can remember at least Wink) but as far as I know a Buddhist take on this is that ego is stripped away over a period in the bardo/afterlife and presumably  gets parked as karma - so that by the time we get to rebirth (in whatever realm we're headed for based on this karma) what we retain is some sort of set of tendencies but usually no specific memory.

The thinking is that the fact of having done a lot of harm in life may lumber us with less than ideal karma. Or vice versa. If we'd not in the life just completed learned the lessons needed to stop us doing the same again we'd presumably arrive in our next life with (a) a risk of out of ignorance falling into doing harm again, and (b) a bundle of karma (which wouldn't necessarily ripen in that life) which might also tend to make it even more likely that we would do this harm.

I guess the thinking is that this cycle of building and dropping ego goes on as we progress from life to life - or work our way between the various realms.

I'm personally not terribly inclined to think that the very earthlike afterlife realities described by Robert Monroe are anything more than temporary states, but I could of course be wrong. I find it equally difficult to figure out what the reality of our progression may be - do we experience thousands of lifetimes on earth, or do we fairly quickly descend to or move up to other realms. And if we do go to higher realms, is it the case as Buddhism teaches that these are actually not terribly effective as learning environments because they are not challenging enough.

There's lots of information reported on the nature of some of the afterlife realities (in both very specific descriptions, and others that are less so), but much less and very little that isn't possibly just theory as to the mechanisms that determine how we progress through lives within a reality and between them....

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 8:38am

Hi All,
Thanks guys for the perspectives - however I`m still not quite there yet. I see that our daily lives here are already filled with challenges on "an indiviual basis" and then on top of that we have "the mass consciousness agenda" which we should master as well. Brings a whole new meaning to the words: Lifes too short!

In our individual society`s we have "problems", each country has their own - these country leaders are individually suppose to subside these problems for their people, however "I seem to notice" that this isnt happening "anywhere" matter of fact. Is it the leaders fault, or the people whom live in the indiviual countries responsibility to put their foot down and scope with consciousness.

I feel I am pretty conscious about my living space - when I hear my president speak about certain issues I feel that "my little old head" would have done it more different, more effective than she did, but "her decision" effects my life and that of others aswell. This soul will oneday go into the realms - will she make decisions which effect my soul again?

Are we suppose to be here telling our leaders flat out that we don`t want anymore of this bickering back and forth between presidents, are we suppose to be consciously telling the leaders that Afrika is not to go hungry anymore, because theres enough money flowing into military issues which could feed 250 Afrikas! Are we collectively pushing the responsibility onto world leaders because we feel as a single one man stampeed - nothing

Are "we" the souls NOT DOING WHAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE DOING because we are mainly and primarily involved in our personal agendas, for these take priority?
Huh
Nanner

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 2:28pm

Huh That's the million dollar question Nanner.

I tend towards the (I think) Buddhist view that a society gets the leadership it deserves - that what it does and where it goes reflects the consciousness of its members.

That it's not possible to compel people to behave morally. Force/violence breed more of the same, and it always tends to escalate. You can try it, but all it does is to trigger all sorts of resistance from the selfish vested and other interests. Step up the compulsion and suddenly you have a totalitarian dictatorship. Violent resistance leads to attacks on a fearful population, leading to further erosion of rights in the name of security. The leadership becomes more and more paranoid and extreme as they find that the populace don't see it through their lens (which anyway is a highly partial view) and far from being eternally grateful for being rescued start to plot against it because it's damaging their lives.

It kind of looks like maybe the only way of uplifting a society is by raising its consciousness. The bit I can't quite figure out is whether or not there exists some category of enlightened action which while forceful is at the same time wise and compassionate.

The Western world rather likes to think there is, but the record of it's 'helpful' interventions is not very good viewed through the eyes of those helped.

Perhaps though our attempts to 'help' have always amounted to actions mostly designed to protect economic and other selfish interests dressed up in humanitarian clothes - that there is a place for intervention if it's truly selfless. I need convincing of this though - if only because it's not possible unless the society sponsoring the intervention is both wise enough to identify the right course of action and selfless enough to make it possible - which kind of brings us back to raising societal consciousness again)

Quite how we're going to manage it I don't know. We seem to be caught in a race to determine  whether or not we can develop wisdom fast enough not to be destroyed by technology, population growth, climate change, ecological problems and heaven knows what else.

That wisdom is for me inextricably linked with spirituality and the raising of consciousness. Discursive or thinking mind cannot alone achieve this - it's ultimately an issue of intuition and higher knowing.

We've a real problem too I think with the direction our Western societal and political leadership structures have gone. Centuries upon centuries of misuse of religion as a means of power caused us for very good reason to separate church and state. But that's the best of a bad lot. We've ended up with a frighteningly amoral system that's driven by selfishness and mostly only achieves a balance of power between the vested interests living off those that produce. Even if we could arrange effective distribution of wealth many of the needy if supported will simply stop contributing and live of the largesse.

Our culture teaches rule of the fittest and winner takes all, and sanctions violent action - from kindergarten and early family onwards. Our values are screwed, and so far most of us can't seem to see this. We see no problem saturating kids with 'entertainment' that reinforces the error, we expect our leaders to be strong in this way.

Enlightened leadership must merge the spiritual and the secular - the Shambhala tradition of Tibetan Buddhism is one template. (try Rigden Kings in Google, it's interesting) But it's so easy for this to spill over into error driven by mistaken attempts to do good. Chances are Adolf Hitler for example thought he was doing right by the German people.

The leadership can only be a catalyst for the aforementioned stepping up of societal consciousness - it's power is quite limited. Meaning that the main task of it and everybody else with a higher view is probably to live by example and to help educate the rest.

The best template I've seen for how we should to live in the world is Chogyam Trungpa's 'Shambhala the Sacred Path of the Warrior'. We need bravery, but that the bravery to live from the heart and care for others, not the deluded version that considers it brave to force our will on others.

I think we need to concentrate all our efforts on producing the required shift in conciousness most especially in ourselves, but also in others where we can help. Care is needed though, no sooner can we walk than mixed ego and genuine compassion tends to lead us to try to teach others. Which is good in one way, but needs care. We must at all costs resist the urge to zealotry.

It's notable that none of the great teachers over the centuries (that I can think of anyway) have advocated direct action as a means of improving society.

My prayer is in the meantime that the acceleration of consciousness we all like to talk about and perhaps even the hoped for step up will occur in time.  Undecided But I think it's going to be a close run thing.......

IP Logged

REI

Reply #7 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 3:10pm

I ran across this site by a series of coincidences this morning that I am sure were not accidents.

Several years ago I was healed of a fatal ailment by the silent prayer of an employee who was a lifelong Christian Scientist.  The total vanishing of all symptoms and the amazing sense of peace that accompanied the healing led me to take up the study of Christian Science.

CS teaches that we are in a dream right now.  We have a unique existence, but this isn't it.  It also teaches that there is a period of probation after what seems to be death during which we work out things left undone in this experience.

The amazing ability of Christian Science Prayer, which is similar but unlike what most people think of as prayer, to change seeming physical reality, proves to me that this seeming existence is not as real as it seems.

Several years ago I stumbled into a hornets nest and was swarmed with many bites.  I started to run, but then stood still and closed my eyes and prayed as I had learned in Christian Science.  After about a minute, I opened my eyes to see the hornets all back on their ruined nest ignoring me.  I walked past them and continued to pray.  By the time I reached a door about thirty feet away, all evidence of the many bites, which has already started to swell and were very painful, had disappeared, and the pain was gone.

I just picked up Ultimate Journey from the local library and ordered the latest Moan book.

I look forward to sharing experiences with others on this general topic.

I am an electronic designer, a very hard science type.  

SmileyI have joined the local Christian Science Church and am now a Reader, which is one who conducts the Sunday Services.  I put up a website for my church at www.csvincennes.org.

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #8 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 3:42pm

A warm and loving welcome to the board REI. Its wonderful to gain new glimpes of wonderful perspectives, you might find us here a bit abnormally  Huh too loving at times, but rest assured it`s contagious!  Grin

Will be looking forward to your point of views.
Nanner

IP Logged

Nanner

Theres only AGAPE

Hamburg, Germany
Reply #9 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 4:08pm

Quote:
Huh That's the million dollar question Nanner.... Our culture teaches rule of the fittest and winner takes all, and sanctions violent action - from kindergarten and early family onwards. Our values are screwed, and so far most of us can't seem to see this. We see no problem saturating kids with 'entertainment' that reinforces the error, we expect our leaders to be strong in this way.

Enlightened leadership must merge the spiritual and the secular - the Shambhala tradition of Tibetan Buddhism is one template. (try Rigden Kings in Google, it's interesting) But it's so easy for this to spill over into error driven by mistaken attempts to do good. Chances are Adolf Hitler for example thought he was doing right by the German people.

The leadership can only be a catalyst for the aforementioned stepping up of societal consciousness - it's power is quite limited. Meaning that the main task of it and everybody else with a higher view is probably to live by example and to help educate the rest.

I think we need to concentrate all our efforts on producing the required shift in conciousness most especially in ourselves, but also in others where we can help. Care is needed though, no sooner can we walk than mixed ego and genuine compassion tends to lead us to try to teach others. Which is good in one way, but needs care. We must at all costs resist the urge to zealotry.

It's notable that none of the great teachers over the centuries (that I can think of anyway) have advocated direct action as a means of improving society.

My prayer is in the meantime that the acceleration of consciousness we all like to talk about and perhaps even the hoped for step up will occur in time.  Undecided But I think it's going to be a close run thing.......

I firmly want you to run for presidency! You explained everything so well and yes this certainly gives me alot to think about "where it all came from, what roads were the wrong ones" which we took. It seems like our society problems now are a direct reflection of "mismanagement of ground floor raising of the children gone before us" ...

I want to believe that it will make a difference for the future generations when I set my two step sons down and tell them about the past and what was done incorrectly, the little one (8) asked me today "what does the word ecological crash" mean.  I had been amazed that he had heard this word on the playground. We had a real long talk. So he asks me: So why don`t everybody just drive sun powered cars and create new jobs of lots of poeple planting baby trees next month? Then by the time I`m your age they should be pretty big" I smiled and thought to myself "this one kid has more sense in his head than the leader of my country!"

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #10 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 4:47pm

love this thread u started Nanner. u r good kid!!  Smiley

welcome here Rei. hope u enjoy it here and stay a long time. Personally, although I love intellectual stuff and throwing ideas around, what I like best is personal experience stories such as what Rei offered about the hornets and then Rei relates it to what he or she picked up from Christian Science, one of the newer religions on our Earth right now.

I belonged to The Church of Religious Science for awhile Rei and I think there are some similarities between the two doctrines. At any rate, no matter what religion one holds, prayer is a working dynamic there, related to meditation.

I don't claim to be with any religion right now, but see TMI affiliation and Monroe's and Moen's books as a kind of movement of consciousness. (doing service of retrievals and healings of the kind you mentioned, through prayer which is also like Reiki and like a thing some call absent healing.

Theres also a silent movement called the Church of Spiritual Humanism I joined, and just for the joy of it ordered my certificate of ordination, and just as you are a reader, so too we all become in our souls to say namaste, we all stand where god stands. all Im saying by this piece of paper is I am a human who is also divine and we are all together in it.
I think its so cool you do the readings, sounds like fun to me!

Rei said: CS teaches that we are in a dream right now.  We have a unique existence, but this isn't it.
The amazing ability of Christian Science Prayer, which is similar but unlike what most people think of as prayer, to change seeming physical reality, proves to me that this seeming existence is not as real as it seems.
_____

I agree with you. CS looks like ACIM, a Course in Miracles theosophy, as well Monroe of TMI supports ACIM. ACIM teaches the same as CS to say we are in a dream like world. the correlation to that statement with what comes from TMI, is we exist in C1, a limited perceptional world, with the attending supposition we begin to advance towards a more unlimited perspective during our individual developments and through our experiences that we use to prove to ourselves that what we are learning is true. we are more than just our bodies is another simpler phrase we use here, which I find so helpful.
I've found the dream is unique also and although while it possesses it's unreal quality (nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exists. ACIM quote)
it is not to say life here is not valuable because we then become so eager to find what it is that is real. In my case love is the only reality, a thing we call PUL here, which stands for pure unconditional love energy of a conscious state of process of being.

we used to say in Religious Science regarding prayer:
1) treat  (define what u want)
2) move your feet

thats about all I really got out of my church, and btw, we had 1,000's of members and 2 church services in Denver on a Sunday..place was rockin!

getting off topic, sorry. Nanner asked about acceptance of each other in the afterlife areas: my opinion is it's easier to love one another on the other side than it is here and that we live in our disc groups or small groups of souls who come into the earth planes together and aid each other in life reviews inbetween dives down here. I think or imagine I have 12; we all counsel each other or make suggestions but it's more fun than like being judged before a court, its family reunion time. I don't imagine even that the question of acceptance/rejection comes up on the other side that much, of other groups as each group is focused in attention on their own little turf, so to speak. (my pov) it is here that Ian mentions the challenge aspect of an earth life where acceptance/rejection becomes an issue and politics we have here, but not so much there. (unless theres a special bst for politicians? HAR!  bst means belief system territory.

I agree with Ian, I'll put in a plug for The Sacred Path of the Warrior. it goes along perfectly with spiritual humanism concepts, in that the warrior of light looks toward the rising sun rather than the descending sun and uses his errors as stepping stones to become more than he/she thought they were.

thanks again for that amazing miracle story of the hornets and how you were healed so fast. One definition of a miracle is #47 (this kicks!) the miracle is a learning device that lessens the need for time. it establishes an out-of-pattern time interval not under the usual laws of time. in this sense it is timeless.

back in my late 20's I heard my inner voice say to "expect a miracle."

and you had your self a miracle my friend! I have been awaiting reports of miracles for 30 years, so I think I begin to see more of this kind of thing, as we look to the miracle and the changes I am calling the shift in consciousness.

thanks again the chance to talk here and all the fine contributions which give me thought and inspiration and a feeling of comradeship. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

REI

Reply #11 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 5:06pm

I am reading Ultimate Journey and took a break.

The description of the meeting beyond the H band and the general sense I am getting reminded me of this passage from the Christian Science Textbook, Science and Health:

Mortal mind affirms that mind      
     is subordinate to the body, that the body is
  15   dying, that it must be buried and decomposed
     into dust; but mortal mind's affirmation is not true. 
     Mortals waken from the dream of death with bodies un-
  18   seen by those who think that they bury the body.
         If man did not exist before the material organization
     began, he could not exist after the body is disintegrated. 
  21   If we live after death and are immortal, we must have lived before birth, for if Life ever
     had any beginning, it must also have an ending, even ac-
  24   cording to the calculations of natural science. Do you
     believe this? No! Do you understand it? No! This
     is why you doubt the statement and do not demonstrate
  27   the facts it involves. We must have faith in all the say-
     ings of our Master, though they are not included in the
     teachings of the schools, and are not understood gener-
  30   ally by our ethical instructors. 
         Jesus said (John viii. 51), "If a man keep my saying,
     he shall never see death."

The textbook and King James Bible in searchable form is online at:  http://www.spirituality.com/dt/toc_sh.jhtml

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 6:51pm

Hi REI, I think we crossed there. Welcome to the board. I too am an engineer and have come from a technological background, although in truth I was always a little more out on the creative/intuitive wing.

I've never been a member of a church Alysia other than as an accident of birth, but as we've discussed before it's quite remarkable (if we can drop the nit picking on terminology and start looking for agreement) the alignment between all sorts of traditions regarding the nature of where we find ourselves, what we are and what is required of us. The big differences often reflect more differences in culture, consciousness and view than they do than they do stuff that requires getting hung up about. (it's pretty futile to get bogged down in argument over details about esoteric stuff when our understanding of the big picture I'm sure is so sketchy and perspective specific anyway)

You can take almost whatever spiritual tradition you like  - Christian mysticism, various shades of Shamanism and other native belief systems, the many many streams of Buddhism, Ayurveda/Vedanta, Hinduism, Sufism (mystical Islam), Taoism, ACIM, Urantia Book, Theosophy and now it seems Monroe, Moen, Christian Science and the many predecessors to these like some of the Egyptian, Mithraism and other Middle Eastern systems of belief there are amazing degrees of overlap.

Buddhism would have absolutely no trouble with you story about the hornets REI, and nor do I - it seems we need only decide and it happens. There's a famous story of one of the old Tibetan masters hurriedly riding up to his friend's house on his horse, and absent mindedly stabbing his whip in a rock to tether it for example. You don't have to go back in time to find examples of extra normal occurrence. 'With our minds we make the world' is another Buddhist saying.

Thanks for the kind words Nanner too, but don't forget that's just an opinion - and not even an original view at that. Perhaps the huge issue that follows from all of this is what is truly required of us? And if we can properly answer that question, can we convert the theoretical perspective into action?

I'm going to shift to your 'new way of life on earth' to offer a view on that....

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 9:38pm

Ian said: it seems we need only decide and it happens.
___

I resonated to the above thought Ian because I learned along the way that a firm decision is needed when thinking about objectives, goals, and the wish to change ourselves perhaps into another behavior, by learning from mistakes where there was some pain, or rude awakening perhaps. so easy it is to be indecisive when perhaps we want something and the world is showing us it's just not there. so yes, I agree this is a mental step, is like intention setting that we talk about here, but I also see it in old fashioned way, to have faith is to decide to have faith, and focus on that.

the power of decision is great, but also the power to change your mind is always there if we want to do that. we don't like to feel bogged down in destiny type conceptions where we feel helpless to change things.

Ian said:
the huge issue that follows from all of this is what is truly required of us?

not sure, but I think you are referencing Nanner's original question? about how humanity evolves into acceptance of all belief systems and that includes religions of various kinds? I think you've already answered that question in another post somewhere. it would be that each must awaken and take responsibility for their own self expression to do less harm to others and to the Earth, I would say in general, and this snowballs into the shift in consciousness. it would be to a simpler way of looking at it, take care of the people who are around you, then they in turn take care of the people around them and so on and etc. its an attitude I guess you could say, where people put their guns down in favor of live and let live.

it just occurred to me I should have taken comparative religions in college; I like to do comparisons to find the commonalities.

I like to look at masters too; I was born with this affirmation in my DNA: my favorite of all time regarding miracles is "and greater things than I do, will you do also." I think this is the age to see it all begin. I wonder if I'll be still in physical? that would be marvelous, I hardly can see myself being alive, if it started to happen on a mass scale!
well, anything is possible I always say. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

REI

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2007 at 5:45am

My main point in describing the hornet encounter is to show what Christian Scientists do routinely.  Unfortunately today's Christian practice regards that sort of event as unusual, but when prayer from the proper basis is used. it is commonplace and expected, not a miracle.

If we are in a dream right now, a dream with an instructional purpose, and what seems to be death is a release from that dream, what does that mean.  What does it mean that we can demonstrate that the bad situations that seem fixed and concrete in this living dream can be changed instantly?

It took me some time after I began studying Christian Science to grasp the concept that "There is no matter", but as I actually demonstrated to myself the results of applying what I was learning, the results showed me that what I had always thought of as real was not, and that another reality of perfection and love was the actual reality.  I am still working on understanding what it all means.

The Christian Science Church doesn't have preachers, but elects Readers from the membership to conduct the services.  All offices are for a preset period and term limited. 

The church is led by Practitioners.  Those who can demonstrate healing of well diagnosed conditions may submit their healings to a board and be listed in the monthly Christian Science Journal.  To maintain the listing they must make their entire living from spiritual healing.  Most practitioners I know do very well, often with several dozen cases at a time for which they charge between $15 and $40 per day.  First call healings are common. 

Those who cannot make a living from healing either improve or drop out.  This free market approach removes questions of compensation of church leaders from committees and bases it totally on performance as measured by successful healing.  I just had a healing a few weeks ago of an absess in a molar.  The right side of my face became swollen and I was unable to get rid of it with my own prayer.  I asked a practitioner for help and the condition vanished in around half an hour. 

They are not miracles, but the routine replacement of problems with normalcy through the application of Divine Love.

As I said in my first post, I don't think my encountering this site was an accident.  I am about 2/3 through Ultimate Journey.  I hope to expand my understanding of our actual condition as I continue my study.  I feel a need to be able to use thjis knowledge to bring conditions on earth into line with God's desires, which I believe is the expression of unconditional love.

Human will is not Christian Science.  Seeking and listening are required to find the path.  One of my favorite CS texts is God's Law of Adjustment:  http://www.christianscience.org/GodsLaw.htm ;  I have been using it to deal with a longstanding problem in my extended family where a criminal group has been causing trouble and preying on other family members and the public for several generations.  It is a very practical method for handling complex problems involving several people.

Thanks for all your responses. 

The Sentinel Magazine puts out a weekly radio program where people describe their own healings and the elevation of thought and understanding that came from them.  It is inspiritional and I try to never miss it.   A station and time listing is here:  http://www.spirituality.com/sentinelradio/local_broadcasts.pdf;jsessionid=TL3RDG...; or just Google Sentinel Radio

I usually wake up around 3:00 or 4:00 AM and read and study.  After reading in Ultimate Journey about his going on his out of body trips around this time of day I wonder if there is more to this habit than I realized.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.