Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Interesting movie (Read 4266 times)
LiveLaughLoveIt

Interesting movie
Sep 17th, 2007 at 1:42am

Hey all,

A friend and I just finished watching the movie What Dreams May Come. If you haven't heard of it before, its about dying and the afterlife. Since it's a movie it could be a little far fetched, but I thought I'd let you guys know it was pretty cool if anyone wanted to watch it, I loved the imagery that was used and it gave me a nice picture in the head. It definitely made us excited to hurry up and get Bruce's books so we can start exploring for real.

Enjoy!

Measure your life in love.
lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

dogbrush

Worcs., UK
Re: Interesting movie
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:02pm

Not seen it but looks interesting! Just read a synopsis on wiki (it sort of tells the entire plot so don't click here if you don't want to know what happens Smiley I will see about obtaining a copy, thanks!

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 9:46pm

Yes, it's good.

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

bird

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2007 at 3:15pm

Another good movie about the afterlife that is pretty funny is "Defending Your Life".

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 12:24am

hey bird,

i just looked it up, it looks like a good movie i'll check it out thanks!

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 12:28am

Good movie - not far from the way it seems that we actually experience things in spirit.  - I wonder what Juditha and other psychic types might say about it.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 5:01pm

Hi dave and all   I have watched the movie and i thought it told a lot of the afterlife and it was really good for others to watch it,who are not sure of the afterlife,the only thing was when she was sort of put into hell for commiting suicide,i think that was a bit misleading as people who commit suicide,dont actually go to hell as there is no hell only a lower plain and thats not for suicide only for the most evil souls like hitler etc,and even those can be lifted up to higher plain if they want to be,but apart from that it was a good movie.

Love and God bless     Love juditha

IP Logged

LiveLaughLoveIt

Reply #7 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 6:09pm

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies!

Juditha, I definitely trust what you have to say, as I've read your other posts. I really do wish I had some of the capabilities that you have! I can't wait to start trying all this stuff out...the farthest I have gotten is clearing my head, I'm just waiting on getting Bruce's books to give me an idea of what's next!

lovexsoco18  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 7:44pm

Yes, the scene in that personal hell place was dark; and so very intense. As far as I remember, there was a lot of self-condemnation and despair; and one can actually see the husband as a retriever. (To place it in a upside-down church gave really an impressing location I found)
And yes, there were some afterlife "laws" in that movie which didn't sound right to me.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #9 - Sep 21st, 2007 at 12:14am

It definitely is a must see movie, and I feel it is not far fetched but gives some great representations of the afterlife.  

The part about the wife ending up in hell, it was definitely not "the hell" unless that is what your belief is.  In the movie, and in my belief, it was a reality of her own personal making because of her sadness she could not deal with.  She didn't deserve to be there but put herself there with her own beliefs.  The husband going to locate her and give her love is a perfect example of a retrieval.  When I first saw this movie I didn't know very much of what I know now, and back then I didn't like that scene at all.  But now that I understand concepts that I've learned through Bruce's work, this movie and particularly that scene have a new meaning to me and I greatly appreciate what I know now.  

I don't remember very much detail of it since I haven't seen it in a very long time.  Thanks for bringing it up.  I look forward to renting it and seeing it again now!

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Sep 21st, 2007 at 8:07am

Agreed, Vicky! It's been so many years since I saw that film, and I remember its beauty, but also remember that the scene in the wife's hell bothered me too. It sort of spoiled the movie for me, in a way. But now, you're right, it's worth another view to see how my own perceptions of all of the imagery have changed..

love, blink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.