Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
if suicide is not accepted why does it happen (Read 2302 times)
juditha
Ex Member

if suicide is not accepted why does it happen
Sep 19th, 2007 at 2:38pm

Hi  If suicide goes against the grain,why does it happen,why is there illness of the mind if suicide is so wrong,nobody commits suicide just for the sake of it as it takes a lot of guts to take your own life and you have to be really unhappy at your lowest ,to turn around and commit this act.

I feel God forgives on this and understands the reasons behind suicide,its a hard world out there and full of allsorts of reasons to drive you to suicide,even councillors and phychiarists cannot stop someone commiting suicide if there really determined to end it,they can save some and  some they cant.

Mental health is a illness and so is depression,and life causes it and it can end lives as well.

I read of someone who commited suicide because his wife had died and he couldn't handle the fact of living without her and now he's in the spirit world,he's happy because he's reunited with his wife in the spirit world and this came from a  medium.

Love and God bless   Love juditha

IP Logged

george stone

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: if suicide is not accepted why does it happen
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2007 at 10:08pm

I have to agree with you juditha,there are a lot of sick people out there that should not be held responceable for doing this.

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2007 at 11:18pm

God doesn't hold anybody responsible, other than the usual fact that when you do something it causes a certain amount of feedback from the world as karma.

The value of suicide varies with the reason. If you do yourself in so that others will be saved (Jesus is an example, although he chose a really horrible way to go) then what you do is useful and attains merit. If you suicide in order to escape being made useless and a burden to others due to a disease, that is also meritorious. If the pain of cancer etc is unbearable, then suicide is simply an effective analgesic.  Or if you suicide in order to demostrate faith in your beliefs, that too is meritorious.

The only problem with suicide for the usual reasons of "stop the world I want to get off" is that nothing is solved. God has no punishment at all for suiciding yourself. You might regret making your friends sad, but that's about it. Then, in your next life, you wind up where you left off.  No punishment is involved, but there's no reward either.

Those who really want a nitty gritty survey of suicides might enjoy Emile Durkheim's book "Le Suicide" or its translation into English, "Suicide". He covers the various reasons in some depth. There's more to the topic than casually meets the eye.

dave

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

the_seeker

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 2:31am

regarding the suicided person ending up where they were again in another life - if a person is so sick of life they will kill themselves, why would they reincarnate again??  wouldn't many of them just say "forget earth, i'm not going back"?  in that case, i would say their suicide was probably "good," because it accomplished their goals.  and it's not like anybody can keep from hurting the people they love, anyway.  that's an impossibility.  humans will always harm people, intentionally or not.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 2:16pm

We are here on earth to experience life,and grow inspirit.There are a lot of people on this plane,who just take life for granted.some of us do not try to find out why am I here.where am I going.is there life afterdeath.Some people dont even think of these things at all.George

IP Logged

dave_a_mbs

central california
Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2007 at 2:30pm

I recall the Hindu tale of the rishi Yajnavalkya, when his wife asked him, "Can we avoid death?" He replied, "Can you avoid going to sleep?" Then she asked, "Can we avoid rebirth?" He responded, "Can you prevent yourself from waking after sleep?"

What forces us to be reborn is exactly what George is talking about - It's fun to be here! If it were painful all of the time we'd avoid it. But it's only painful part of the time, and there are moments that we cherish - times with loved ones etc. And because we cling to those, we cling to rebirth.

If you really don't want to be reborn, then abandon all attachments to this world, and you'll stay forever in spirit and beyond - and eventually merge back into the Original Creative Cause.

d

life is too short to drink sour wine
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.